Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
When is Andy Reid going to be fired?
If he gets fired it wont be until after the season. He has been too good for too long to can him right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If he gets fired it wont be until after the season. He has been too good for too long to can him right now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Clayton just tweeted that Mike Martz could be a candidate for the Jags because Khan used to be a Rams season ticket holder.

No. I'm not making this up.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
John Clayton just tweeted that Mike Martz could be a candidate for the Jags because Khan used to be a Rams season ticket holder.

That sounds like a match made in heaven. If there's any player in the league who can thrive in a system that doesn't emphasize protecting the QB, it's The Great Gabbertini!
I'm so sorry if this if this actually happens.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Do you realize where the Eagle's franchise was before Reid came in?

Quote:

Supposedly Martz is interested in the Arizona State job as well.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Do you realize where the Eagle's franchise was before Reid came in?
Aw, c'mon, Brodie was dying to use that pic of Lovie Smith and jumped at the first opportunity to use it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, Clayton's dumb. That makes no sense.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual, Clayton is throwing darts while blindfolded.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars interim head coach Mel Tucker has made following changes to coaching staff: Wide receivers coach Johnny Cox was dismissed. Mike Sheppard, who has served as team's QB coach, will take over as WR coach. Off. coord. Dirk Koetter will also serve as QB coach.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know an interim coach could let position coaches go

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This may be just me but I'd love to see Mike Sherman become the Colts OL coach. They need someone that could be there long-term like Howard Mudd was and Sherman could be that guy. He's a great OL coach and could do wonders for that wretched line that lives up the name offensive.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Vegas15
Rookie

Vegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairVegas15 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would not be surprised to see Caldwell back next year. Just sayin'
Old 12-03-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Spags mentioned quite a bit here, I think he is likely to get one more year. With all the injuries the Rams have dealt with this year, it's no surprise they have done as poorly as they have.

Miami is likely to make the big name hire be it Cowher or Gruden.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Spanos is going to give the ax to both AJ Smith and Turner. This could be a possible destination for Cowher - a Schott coaching tree member and the chargers would be a team w/out a GM - Cowher wants personnel control. Just speculation but could be a situation worth watching.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Spagnuolo's job security isn't looking good. Tony Sparano could earn another year because of his last year's extension if the Dolphins finish with a respectable record. Norv Turner is probably gone. I don't see how the Colts can retain Jim Caldwell if they go 1-15 or 0-16. Todd Haley could get the axe but he's more of a 50-50 proposition. Andy Reid will probably have to be fired for the train wreck that is the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles. Raheem Morris should get another year but could also be fired. Leslie Frazier, Tom Coughlin, and Mike Shanahan are some dark horses.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Steve Spagnuolo's job security isn't looking good. Tony Sparano could earn another year because of his last year's extension if the Dolphins finish with a respectable record. Norv Turner is probably gone. I don't see how the Colts can retain Jim Caldwell if they go 1-15 or 0-16. Todd Haley could get the axe but he's more of a 50-50 proposition. Andy Reid will probably have to be fired for the train wreck that is the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles. Raheem Morris should get another year but could also be fired. Leslie Frazier, Tom Coughlin, and Mike Shanahan are some dark horses.
I think all the coaches you listed are legit possibilities. That would be a ton of turnover. I do think Sparano, Caldwell, Norv Turner are all gone for sure. Reid will stay in philly. Frazier and Spags will probably get axed - both of them are more suited as coordinators.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
How should he get another year? The team is undisciplined and has made several bad moves when it came to hiring a coaching staff. 2 terrible Offensive Coordinators and fired his first DC, now he's responsible for the 31st ranked overall defense. It;s not just Buc fans, several analysts, scouting agencies have said the talent is there, what is wrong with this team?

Raheem is more of a buddy than a coach to these guys. And it shows.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I see Spags mentioned quite a bit here, I think he is likely to get one more year. With all the injuries the Rams have dealt with this year, it's no surprise they have done as poorly as they have.
Yeah, that excuse gets tossed around a lot but it doesn't hold water. The Rams had been playing like a bunch of school girls with their panties in a wad way before the injuries started to pile up.

Factor in his horrific game day issues ( lousy clock mgmt, time outs, 2nd half adjustments, etc) and you see a guy that just has not progressed even though he is in his 3rd year as HC.

He also plays each and every game not to lose and, of course, this "philosophy" just produces more losses.

I mean I, like most Rams fans, LIKE Spags but mebbe as a DC not as a HC.

He will be fired as soon as the season ends. Look for him to reappear for some east coast team as their DC.

I wish him the best but he was in over his head as HC...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't go there Spags.

Quote:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Andy Reid will have to fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo in order to stay on as Eagles head coach.
The rumor in Philly is that Steve Spagnuolo will replace Castillo, allowing Reid to hang on for at least one more season. Many Eagles fans want Reid gone, but it would be in the organization's best interests to keep most of the offensive staff because of the monetary commitment to Michael Vick. Castillo has been an utter flop in his transition from O-Line coach to D-Coordinator. He has not showed an ability to maximize his personnel, often playing "man" corners like Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in zone coverage.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Dec 4 - 11:08 AM

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless the Glazers play the cheap card, Raheem is gone after this season. There's no excuse to be blow out at home by a 3-8 team. He has simply lost his team. From Pewter Report:

Quote:
"Go home," Morris said to Price. "Get out of here."

Morris said that Price was playing selfish football and he won't tolerate it. Morris said that his players aren't listening to him right now.
Way to single out a second year player who is playing pretty well and who worked his ass off to be ready to play this season after a terrible injury. The whole team has discipline problems for the past three years and he has done nothing to fix it. Aqib Talib gets a personnal foul versus the Bears on 4th and goal when the game is on the line ? No problem for Rah. Brian Price gets a personnal foul in a blowout ? He got sent home. Stupid double standards.

Dude, you lost your players. Get out.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey, he was ours first! I actually remember going to the giants section and convincing you guys that he would be a great D-Coordinator, and I was pissed he went to you guys.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Hey, he was ours first! I actually remember going to the giants section and convincing you guys that he would be a great D-Coordinator, and I was pissed he went to you guys.
True! But he had more success with us! Come here Spags! Save us from stupid 3 man rushes! Please! : P
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
True! But he had more success with us! Come here Spags! Save us from stupid 3 man rushes! Please! : P
Spags will have more talent to work with in Philly. I think that's why he will choose to go back there.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter reporting that Mike Mularkey and Mike Sherman are head coaching candidates in Jacksonville.

I slammed my dick in the oven repeatedly after hearing this, because masochism is less painful than being a Jaguars fan.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I would **** a chicken...I would be the happiest guy on the planet.

Quote: