Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I read that too and it's pretty ridiculous. I have zero hope that Stanzi amounts to anything more than a backup now. Not like I had a lot of hope before, but now I have zero.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah I read that too and it's pretty ridiculous. I have zero hope that Stanzi amounts to anything more than a backup now. Not like I had a lot of hope before, but now I have zero.
Patience, my man! Stanzi was drafted as a project and the Chiefs are sticking to the plan. The plan is to sit him on the bench and let him learn his first year. How many passes did Brady throw his first year? Answer: three with one completion. I'm not saying that Stanzi is Brady but I am saying that we can't draw any conclusions just because the Chiefs are unwilling to put him in a situation that he isn't ready for.

Do I think the Chiefs should draft a QB. Yes, if the right one is available because I'm not willing to take the risk that you are correct.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Do I think the Chiefs should draft a QB. Yes, if the right one is available.
This is my thoughts.

I want a QB in the first but some people are talking like they are willing to take just about anyone and I'm not.

And don't give me that anyone would be a upgrade over Cassel crap Tyler Palko has proved that isn't true.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like RT is definitely our second biggest need now. Gaither was just released.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was GAither playing RT for you guys? How did he do?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Was GAither playing RT for you guys? How did he do?
He was basically the #2 LT and RT but didn't see the field much. The Chiefs must of had no faith in him at all at RT for him not to have been starting over Barry Richardson.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a shame he is as athletic as they come and was a stud in 2009. I guess we will never know what the deal is with him.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Palko starts Sunday then Haley must be fired Monday.Palko is garbage and should never be on an NFLL roster let alone start
Old 11-30-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He knows the offense. Orton doesn't, yet. Besides, who really cares at this point? We're 3 games back with the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. This is not a playoff caliber team, period. I want Stanzi, Bailey, Hudson and some of the younger guys to get reps to see what we have in them.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they didn't like Stanzi, they would have thrown him into the fire and said "prove us wrong, bro!" I'm rolling with Matriculator on that one in that they picked up Orton to protect Stanzi, not because they don't think he's going to be their guy. Haley isn't a guy who is going to change his ways when he has heat on his job.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen a lot of people saying Stanzi can't beat out Palko, but I'm gonna disagree on this, I think they are "protecting" him, just let him sit and learn I think the only way he would play is an emergency situation. I thought he looked like our best QB in the preseason, and honestly I think he is and I think he would do better than any QB we have had all season, but the FO and Coaches probably disscussed this when he was picked, that he would just sit for this and possibly next year as well, the so called "Patriot way."
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He knows the offense. Orton doesn't, yet. Besides, who really cares at this point? We're 3 games back with the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. This is not a playoff caliber team, period. I want Stanzi, Bailey, Hudson and some of the younger guys to get reps to see what we have in them.
i'm with TRich. It is Haleys job to win. He cant think about draft position or what fans want. By playing Palko, he is clearly not puttimg winning number 1. It has been said that Haley didnt want Orton at all and Pioli picked him up anyway. If, for even a second, Pioli thinks Haley is doing this to spite him, then Haley has to go. Palko is clearly not capable of winning, especially with our remaining schedule. Orton is not a world beater, but he is easily the best qb on the Chiefs roster. Even without knowing the playbook, his desicion making is MUCH better than Palko.

This has only been the most recent event that has had me wondering wether Haley is the right guy for the job. An offensive genious shouldnt be this lost. He has to find a way to make the gameplans fit his players talents. Even Tebow is getting it done with good coaching and gameplanning.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Late to the party, but Bowe and Palko both are equally to blame for the pick. Bowe had the worst alligator arms I've ever seen in the league, however he has been a different player under Haley so I'm willing to give him a freebie.

Palko, on the other hand, has got zero arm strength. He just has a terrible deep ball.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Chiefs will not win another game the rest of the season if Palko is their starting QB. They might not regardless but with Palko starting it's a lock.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Chiefs will not win another game the rest of the season if Palko is their starting QB. They might not regardless but with Palko starting it's a lock.
true but we could probably score a TD with anyone but Palko at QB
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

I got nothing...
Old 12-05-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, it was a flukey **** of a TD, so while you were wrong you weren't REALLY wrong.

There is no way we beat the next two opponents.

edit: Word out of Arrowhead: Tamba Hali has a broken hand. EFF EMM ELLLLLL

Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, it was a flukey **** of a TD, so while you were wrong you weren't REALLY wrong.

There is no way we beat the next two opponents.

edit: Word out of Arrowhead: Tamba Hali has a broken hand. EFF EMM ELLLLLL
Ehh not like it really matters at this point, but I highly doubt it keeps him out of any games, put a club on it and go.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their defense can keep them in games. They have a solid chance to win against NYJ, Oakland, and Denver. But they have to do more on offense to make that happen (is it possible to do less?)
Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The defense has gone in spurts this year. Remember, this is the same defense that has been blown out 3-4 times already.. so while they've had a few great games, they've also had a few ****** ones.

It's not out of this world to expect the Jets to win this game easily, and I'm pretty sure the Green Bay game is going to be one of the ugliest as a Chiefs fan.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
The defense has gone in spurts this year. Remember, this is the same defense that has been blown out 3-4 times already.. so while they've had a few great games, they've also had a few ****** ones.

It's not out of this world to expect the Jets to win this game easily, and I'm pretty sure the Green Bay game is going to be one of the ugliest as a Chiefs fan.
There was one game where the defense just wasn't good (Miami). The others, they just laid down after half time when it was clear they weren't getting any help from the other side of the ball.

That could certainly happen in the coming games, but I expect the Chiefs to be in at least 4 of the remaining games through the first half and have a chance to win if the offense can put anything together.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Which they can't. So 5-11 here we come!

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Which they can't. So 5-11 here we come!
Man, if they pull any kind of offense out of their ass, they could finish 8-8... And that could get them into the playoffs with a slight bit of help. It's a long shot, but the Raiders could easily drop the rest of their games, and Tebow Magic could wear off enough to lose 3 of their remaining 4 (Bears, Pats, Bills, Chiefs). Tough to see the Broncos dropping one to the Bills or Bears, though. Chiefs have a luxury of being the only team Tebow will have started against twice this season.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Chiefs aren't winning out. They're not winning 3 of 4. They just aren't.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Man, if they pull any kind of offense out of their ass, they could finish 8-8... And that could get them into the playoffs with a slight bit of help. It's a long shot, but the Raiders could easily drop the rest of their games, and Tebow Magic could wear off enough to lose 3 of their remaining 4 (Bears, Pats, Bills, Chiefs). Tough to see the Broncos dropping one to the Bills or Bears, though. Chiefs have a luxury of being the only team Tebow will have started against twice this season.
You all know that it has to be said...
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote