Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kingdoms of Amulur looks sweet. I'll buy it just because Curt Schilling made it haha, but it doesn't hurt that it looks really awesome on it's own too. Has some very high profile people in on it. The Witcher 2 might come out in that span as well, although there's no for sure release date, unfortunately. Considering it was supposed to be ready by Christmas and was coming along rapidly, probably means sooner rather than later. I think the Devil May Cry collection comes out in February too, so going through those again could be fun. Haven't played them going on like 5 years now.

...and I wish on Bioshock. But they'll take their time on that one and it will be awesome. Still in awe of what they showed at E3.

Oh, and quick Arkham City question; I just started it(the opening was fantastic by the way) and was wondering how crucial the Catwoman stuff is. I didn't pay for the game, so I don't want to be a douche and redeem the code. I think I've heard this discussed before, but I don't remember what the conclusion was.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved DMc...I'll be picking up the set...great games...cept for 2...was a little disappointing

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Loved DMc...I'll be picking up the set...great games...cept for 2...was a little disappointing
Yeah, I remember sitting at my lunch table in middle school talking to this one kid about how DMC 2 was going to be the best game of all time because of the improvements they were making. Needless to say, it didn't live up to that haha. I'm actually sort of interested to play it again though, given that I sort of just played it once or twice and traded it in. I remember being completely pissed off about it right away, but I can't really recall why. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 are worth the price of admission though for sure, so anything I get out of Devil May Cry 2 is gravy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, I remember sitting at my lunch table in middle school talking to this one kid about how DMC 2 was going to be the best game of all time because of the improvements they were making. Needless to say, it didn't live up to that haha. I'm actually sort of interested to play it again though, given that I sort of just played it once or twice and traded it in. I remember being completely pissed off about it right away, but I can't really recall why. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 are worth the price of admission though for sure, so anything I get out of Devil May Cry 2 is gravy.
I borrowed a friend's and didnt finish. 1 & 3 were great fun...still gotta run through 4 as well

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Whoa guys, the new Bioshock comes out in January I believe. And looks incredible.

Scratch that, I don't see a release date as of now.
Bioshock: Infinite is a def. $60 buy for me. I dont believe it's due out in January, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Kingdoms of Amulur looks sweet. I'll buy it just because Curt Schilling made it haha, but it doesn't hurt that it looks really awesome on it's own too. Has some very high profile people in on it. The Witcher 2 might come out in that span as well, although there's no for sure release date, unfortunately. Considering it was supposed to be ready by Christmas and was coming along rapidly, probably means sooner rather than later. I think the Devil May Cry collection comes out in February too, so going through those again could be fun. Haven't played them going on like 5 years now.

...and I wish on Bioshock. But they'll take their time on that one and it will be awesome. Still in awe of what they showed at E3.

Oh, and quick Arkham City question; I just started it(the opening was fantastic by the way) and was wondering how crucial the Catwoman stuff is. I didn't pay for the game, so I don't want to be a douche and redeem the code. I think I've heard this discussed before, but I don't remember what the conclusion was.
Well I'd say see how much you enjoy the game first. I think she is a ton of fun to play as, she's such a fast character and has some fun missions but her part of the story mostly felt half assed to me and wasn't very interesting. I will maintain however that Batman is the least fun character to fight as in the game, I think Robin catwoman and possibly nightwing are all much more fun to fight people as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The combat still grows kind of stale, imo. It's cool that it's free flowing, but it does get kind of old.

Other than that, still having a blast. I've been knocking out side quests, I plan on playing right now for a bit, before work. Gonna tackle more of the main storyline.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I was wondering more for story purposes. I think I'll probably end up passing if it's not that crucial.

I agree about the gameplay. It's just really kind of vanilla. The stuff happening on screen looks awesome, but the actual control you have over it is pretty minimal. Still, very well made game with ungodly production values. Enjoying it so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

ugh every day I hate you guys more and more.

Good news is though...my xbox seems to be done with repairs...should be back soon

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The combat can get more complex if you start throwing in the gadgets in the middle of combos and such. Also being on hard really makes things intense as you never can see when someone is going to attack you or not. I much prefer the combat in the Arkham games as opposed to AC or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I finished AC:Revelations. Good game but buy it used or deeply discounted. Better than Brotherhood just not as good as AC:2. Sometimes it was to easy with all the assist type of things they gave you. I tried to make it a little more difficult for myself from time to time.

Now back to BF:3. And once school lets out Skyrim.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is trying to do this with me?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody get the MGS HD collection? I wantz.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Obsidian is creating a full-scale South Park RPG due out in 2012. The game will be overseen by South Park creators Trey Parker & Matt Stone, who will write the script and provide voice acting for the characters.

This could be pretty awsome.

Also...Square Enix will venture into the Western RPG game. They're creating an action RPG using the Unreal 3 engine. This should be interesting...hopefully they'll recruit some dudes from the former, Cavia, those behind Nier.

Granted they didnt create either, rather publish. But they had two great Western style RPGs in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Nier. So I am going to follow this rather closely for a while, at least.

Here is the first concept art they released for the project...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I beat Arkham City today. Amazing game. There are still a bunch of sides/riddles/challenges to be done. But I think I'll push them off to some other time. I'll probably stupidly go for 100% on the game, eventually. That would be pretty time consuming, but it will probably happen.

But as of right now, I'll be starting something else up. Not too sure what that will be at all, at the moment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Just wrapped up Arkham City. The ending was pretty sweet, but I felt like it cut to the credits pretty quickly. It will be interesting to see if they do a sequel.

..and yeah, that concept art for the new Square game looks interesting. Looks a little bit in the vein of Vampire Hunter D and Castlevania, which I am way more than OK with having more stuff like.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I decided to move on to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It's a beautiful game, but it's bound to get boring after a while. Tis a God of War clone, and there seems to be way too many chapters. I heard it's like 15 hours, which is just too long for this type of gameplay, imo. It's certainly pretty, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

effin a man....effin a....microsoft sure has taken their sweet as ******* time sending my xbox back...it just barely arrived to the UPS

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its taking its time with the new update too. should have been out by now. I want youtube on here.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I decided to move on to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It's a beautiful game, but it's bound to get boring after a while. Tis a God of War clone, and there seems to be way too many chapters. I heard it's like 15 hours, which is just too long for this type of gameplay, imo. It's certainly pretty, though.
I like the length, art direction, and gameplay in that one. They even throw in some puzzles to keep it fresh...but the writing and story could have been a LOT better if they put some more effort into it. The actual plot is pretty good, but the way in which it's delivered leaves a lot to be desired, with large gaps in the story and some pretty cheesy dialogue when it finally shows up. Really underrated title though, I was actually thinking about going through it again at some point soon. Looking forward to the sequel that's supposedly coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
its taking its time with the new update too. should have been out by now. I want youtube on here.
I have the update. It's pretty cool and the interface has certainly come a long way since it's humble(yet effective) beginnings....although it's a lot to take in and get used to at first. The added video content they've put up so far is pretty underwhelming though, with the Verizon/Comcaso video on demand missing and delayed. Nothing really game changing in that category yet, although it's somewhat exciting to be able to use my Xbox as a sort of second cable box.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For me personally, these hack n slash games should come no where near that length. It just gets really dull, really fast, imo. They begin to feel like a chore before long.

Only a select few could pull it off, without it dragging on and becoming insanely tedious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
For me personally, these hack n slash games should come no where near that length. It just gets really dull, really fast, imo. They begin to feel like a chore before long.

Only a select few could pull it off, without it dragging on and becoming insanely tedious.
I love hack n slash games...DMC is everything you should have in those games. The length was pretty good...story was ok...not great but enjoyable...and the 1st and 3rd was just amazing gameplay...it really is hack n slash in every sense of the word..was great button smashing fun

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I used to be a big fan...but after playing all these clones, the gameplay is starting to wear thin with me. I'll still never sour on God of War, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat RDR today and LA Noire a month ago. I dont see why most people like RDR more, I loved LA Noire a lot more. Both are incredible to look at and have the same gameplay mechanics (boring shooting mechanics and chases) but LA Noire has the crime scene investigation/interrogation that adds to the gameplay. RDR was a chore to finish especially once you get back home and start doing missions with your son. I just thought herding cattle was not that fun. The one thing RDR has going for it is John Marston is way more badass than Cole Phelps. Just got LA Noire complete edition for 30 off Amazon because i want all the DLC, its my second favorite game this year behind Arkham City.

I can also go on a rant about AC Revelations but ill just say that I was really disappointed in it because there were no revelations or modern day plot progression.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked RDR more out of the two but both games were a hell of a lot of fun to play. RDR might be my favorite game ever though. Any word on if/when they are making a sequel?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote