Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Bradshaw is a back that can hurt us.
I still hate that little bast*rd for scoring against us in the NFC title game in 2008.

This game won't be easy. I suspect there are quite a few Packer fans who assume that this will be a breeze since Brees carved them up in his dome for 49 points, and since Rodgers carved them up in week 16 last year.

Expect the Giants to play hard, play well, and to get some lucky breaks.
You say its a harder game than people think every week jmike!! ;) bottom line is our offense is too strong for their defense. My score prediction for the game is 34-20
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Smith is probably an improvement over Hawk....but Bishop will be missed

If they get through this game and win, I think they do end up going undefeated
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You say its a harder game than people think every week jmike!! ;) 0
I guess I think like a coach..... I always prepare for things to be a battle, prepare for the worst.... never expect a cakewalk. Always hope for a cakewalk.

Also, I hate Eli and that sunabich has broken our hearts before. He's clutch.
Imagine him throwing no picks in this game.... I think we lose then.

I got a mom and an aunt who's high blood pressure make it hard for them to watch Packer games if they are close.

Us not even trailing in the 4th quarter for one second, all year..... that's a GIFT to them!

What's the weather forecast for NY Sunday afternoon?
That game will mostly be in the dark.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it when people say Eli is clutch. What that means is that hes s*** for all the other drives but hes good on the last one. Rodgers hardly ever gets called 'clutch' but thats because hes too good for it! Being 'clutch' is a s*** quarterbacks praise. Being good all the time is what the best quarterbacks should aim for.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im ******* freaking out right now. Ive been waiting my whole life to buy Packers stock, but I dont know if theres any way for a Canadian to do this.

I do live on the border, if I used an American PO Box would that work? Or would there be an issue because of my Canadian Credit Card? Theres got to be a way around this.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Im ******* freaking out right now. Ive been waiting my whole life to buy Packers stock, but I dont know if theres any way for a Canadian to do this.

I do live on the border, if I used an American PO Box would that work? Or would there be an issue because of my Canadian Credit Card? Theres got to be a way around this.
You could try a PO box and if there is an issue with a Canadian Credit Card you could always hop to the states and buy a VISA prepaid gift card so you could buy it that way.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sorry man :(

Quote:
Cheeseheads who live overseas are out of luck. The offering is limited to people with addresses in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Soldiers and U.S. residents who are currently overseas will have to use their U.S. addresses.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. You got any relatives in the states that could perhaps help you out?

anybody else going to buy some stock? I'm planning on doing so. Basically a combo gift for myself and my dad fort xmas
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
That sucks. You got any relatives in the states that could perhaps help you out?

anybody else going to buy some stock? I'm planning on doing so. Basically a combo gift for myself and my dad fort xmas
I think I'm going to buy a share, frame it, and put it up on the wall. Its more of a novelty but who else can say they own part of their favorite team?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No immediate relatives over in the US for me. Damnit, this really sucks.The prepaid VISA idea isnt bad however, Ill have to try something. Living on the border does give me some options.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I think I'm going to buy a share, frame it, and put it up on the wall. Its more of a novelty but who else can say they own part of their favorite team?
exactly what I'll be doing

only the 5th time that the Packers have done this in their 92 year history. It's rare and who knows when the next time will come. I was too young the last time they did this.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Lions loss tonight means the Packers are offiicially NFC North Champs!

next goal, secure a first round bye(win next week does that)
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
lasse
Rookie

lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.

Quote:
No immediate relatives over in the US for me. Damnit, this really sucks.The prepaid VISA idea isnt bad however, Ill have to try something. Living on the border does give me some options.
same here, only my chances are actually nil since i live in germany.
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I wanna see what Skip Bayless has to say about Aaron Rodgers 50 second drive in the 4th quarter to get us a FG! He'll probably still be saying Tim Tebow for MVP...
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AdamSchefter @Adam Schefter

A source familiar with a certain QB in Mississippi told ESPNChicago.com that that QB would listen if the Bears made a pitch.

This was on twitter today but has since been removed by Schefter. Hope there's no fruition to this. Favre would want to come back just to try to knock us off our potential undefeated season.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, the ego of Farve gets his name scrolling across the ticker, which he has always absolutely loved!
Schefter has gotten a lot of flack for biting on this.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Once again, the ego of Farve gets his name scrolling across the ticker, which he has always absolutely loved!
Schefter has gotten a lot of flack for biting on this.
Yeah I think he gets a woody hearing his name.

Too his credit, I did too from about 1995 - 2007

Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
AdamSchefter @Adam Schefter

A source familiar with a certain QB in Mississippi told ESPNChicago.com that that QB would listen if the Bears made a pitch.

This was on twitter today but has since been removed by Schefter. Hope there's no fruition to this. Favre would want to come back just to try to knock us off our potential undefeated season.
Pretty cowardly of Shefter to bite on this, post it to twitter, then remove it. If you are going to jump on every little rumor then leave it out there to be ridiculed when you are wrong.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 12-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I would laugh so hard if the Bears actually did bring in Favre. Guy is what? 42 years old now and hasn't played all year. I WISH it would happen and they throw him out there week 16 in cold ass Lambeau. Dude would get destroyed

Also, bought a share..err made a donation today(site took freakin forever to load). I'm now officially an owner!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Default Random Packer Player Appreciation

Its easy to forget some guys that were on our team and then fell off the map. Travis Jervey is one of those guys. He was drafted out of The Citadel in 1995 and managed to put together 9 years in the NFL, the first 4 with the Packers.

He was far from spectacular as a NFL running back, but that guy left everything on the field for our special teams. I remember being younger and watching him bust his ass on kickoff coverages. He was one of one of the hardest working players we had here. As a result, he was voted to the 1998 Pro Bowl for his play on special teams. He's always been one of my favorite players when he was here.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Good stuff on former Packers.

You got 5 minutes?
You want 5 great minutes?
Check out the video posted here, but hurry before it's taken down:
http://packersinsider.com/
Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep

now we just can't get caught betting on games or caught publicly criticizing nfl teams/players/coaches or else we are subject to being fined by the commissioner lol
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 AM    (permalink
lasse
Rookie

lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?
come on dont rub it in...
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought a share of the greatest franchise in all of sports!

I know some view it as money down the drain, but I view it in a different way. I have grown up watching the Packers, I will continue to watch the Packers, and I hope someday my kids, grandkid's, and great grandkid's will all grow up appreciating the Packers in the way that I do.

I look at is a safeguard to always having the Packers to entertain me. (Not that the Packers truly needed the money, but this money I gave will most definitely keep the Packers in a secure fiscal environment for a long time to come.)
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote