Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
As long as she has a boyfriend there isnt any way yall can be just freinds and hang out and talk on facebook. Since this is the kind of thing that yall didnt do after yall break up. I'm sure her new bf was behind it and you can't blame it if you look at it from his point of view.
Oh trust me, I know what you mean. I completely understand. It's just a nice step to what we use to be a few months ago. To have her hang out with me and us talkin just for a little last night was good enough for me. I wouldn't call her a boyfriend since all they do is **** and he buys her stuff just to keep her around while he and baby moms work things out till the baby comes. Plus the dude's best friend always causes problems between them and they fight all the time and they've only been dating for like a month.

Last edited by Hines : 11-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Oh trust me, I know what you mean. I completely understand. It's just a nice step to what we use to be a few months ago. To have her hang out with me and us talkin just for a little last night was good enough fr me. I wouldn't call her a boyfriend since all they do is **** and he buys her stuff just to keep her around while he and baby moms work things out till the baby comes. Plus the dude's best friend always causes problems between them and they fight all the time and they've only been dating for like a month.
It's always tricky when you become "friends" with an ex. I think for it to work and not get hurt you have to figure out what your expections are. Are you just being friends with her to get back where you can date her again? or can you talk to her and not have any fellings about her start back up? If the answer to either of those is no then it will not work out long term
Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's always tricky when you become "friends" with an ex. I think for it to work and not get hurt you have to figure out what your expections are. Are you just being friends with her to get back where you can date her again? or can you talk to her and not have any fellings about her start back up? If the answer to either of those is no then it will not work out long term
I don't have time nor the energy to date right now. I just want to be friends and let fate take over the rest. If we don't date again, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd like to potentially work things out to date again, but it's not high on my expectation list right now. Just getting more comfortable and hanging out and progressing as friends is what I want.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't have time nor the energy to date right now. I just want to be friends and let fate take over the rest. If we don't date again, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd like to potentially work things out to date again, but it's not high on my expectation list right now. Just getting more comfortable and hanging out and progressing as friends is what I want.
sounds like no harm then done on your point
Old 11-27-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

according to match.com me and my ex of close to 2 years are a 93% match for each other.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
according to match.com me and my ex of close to 2 years are a 93% match for each other.
Someone needs to sig quote this.

Also for relevancy to the thread. Got my first date with this girl from my class this week. It'll be my first date with a sorority girl. Not quite sure what to expect but it should be fun.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Protocol on asking a waitress for her number, with the hopes of still being able to eat at the diner in the future if she says no... GO!

My one buddy is stuck on this one waitress at a diner we go to fairly frequently, but doesn't have the balls to ask this chick out or for her number, or anything, and his excuse is that if she says no her family (owns the diner) will not allow him to eat there ever again. I'm calling BS and telling him just to nut up anyway, who gives a **** about food when there are plenty of other diners around, but he doesn't hear me too well, I guess, haha. Any advice on how to approach her without making my friend worry about getting kicked out of a diner? Personally, I wouldn't give a ****, its just a diner and in all likelihood, they wouldn't kick him out anyway, or refuse service if he came back. I think he's just being a ***** and making excuses. SO i told him if he doesn't grow a pair I'm ignoring bro code, so hopefully that'll get him going a little bit, but other than that, I don't know what else I can do.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I didnt know she was on there and then I saw who had viewed my profile and I see her. It was really ackward and stuff but makes for a funny story. We are still friends and talk and stuff but still really ackward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Someone needs to sig quote this.

Also for relevancy to the thread. Got my first date with this girl from my class this week. It'll be my first date with a sorority girl. Not quite sure what to expect but it should be fun.

It can be tricky with a waitress bc you always have to try and find out is she flirting/being nice bc she likes me or so I will give her a big tip. Does he know if she is single? If he doesnt he needs to find that out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Protocol on asking a waitress for her number, with the hopes of still being able to eat at the diner in the future if she says no... GO!

My one buddy is stuck on this one waitress at a diner we go to fairly frequently, but doesn't have the balls to ask this chick out or for her number, or anything, and his excuse is that if she says no her family (owns the diner) will not allow him to eat there ever again. I'm calling BS and telling him just to nut up anyway, who gives a **** about food when there are plenty of other diners around, but he doesn't hear me too well, I guess, haha. Any advice on how to approach her without making my friend worry about getting kicked out of a diner? Personally, I wouldn't give a ****, its just a diner and in all likelihood, they wouldn't kick him out anyway, or refuse service if he came back. I think he's just being a ***** and making excuses. SO i told him if he doesn't grow a pair I'm ignoring bro code, so hopefully that'll get him going a little bit, but other than that, I don't know what else I can do.

Last edited by georgiafan : 11-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's single, but she is always coming over to our table and talking to us when we're there. Started off mostly because we are the only people our age that really go there, we've only actually ever had her as our waitress twice. I've been trying to get my buddy to go for it for a while, but he's just being stubborn.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
She's single, but she is always coming over to our table and talking to us when we're there. Started off mostly because we are the only people our age that really go there, we've only actually ever had her as our waitress twice. I've been trying to get my buddy to go for it for a while, but he's just being stubborn.
sounds like it would be a worth a shot if he's to stubborn/scared to do it in person which is always the best choice. Maybe he could try talking to her on facebook are something. I know thats not the best answer but its better then doing nothing.

On a similar subject went a resturant yesterday and as soon as I sit down the girl starts talking and remembers me and several other things. This caught me off guard as I've only been in there once and it was like a month ago. I didn't really get much chance to talk bc It was right after church and she was really busy. She may be married though so i'm trying to find that out lol
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've been talking to this one girl for a little bit now and I told her my friends and I went on a walk last night around our town (it was still pretty nice then, barely needed our coats). She was talking jokingly about how she doesn't want to go on a walk at night because she would get raped. I sent back a lol and she replies with "I might like it though :), its been a while"...

How in the bloody **** do you respond to that ****? At least not without sounding like some sort of douche or perve...

Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've been talking to this one girl for a little bit now and I told her my friends and I went on a walk last night around our town (it was still pretty nice then, barely needed our coats). She was talking jokingly about how she doesn't want to go on a walk at night because she would get raped. I sent back a lol and she replies with "I might like it though :), its been a while"...

How in the bloody **** do you respond to that ****? At least not without sounding like some sort of douche or perve...
I would just respond with something causual and kinda fun/flirty. She could be joking or she could be trying to get in your pants so better to play it off safe.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"me too :)"
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

To be honest, I'd play dumb a bit and not really think too much about what to say. Maybe just casually change the subject to a normal one. Stay conservative maybe and see how persistent she stays with those kinds of remarks. If she makes a couple more, maybe she's looking for a railing. But if she makes a lot, don't continue to be unresponsive, or she'll feel like she's getting rejected.

Playing dumb has always worked for me in those moments where I was unsure how to respond to remarks I was unsure what to make of. But then again, I have difficulty believing girls are flirting with me.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

She brought it up, so you won't sound like a perv. Invite her to hang out, then afterwards invite her to your place and make a move. She is into it. There is no doubt about that.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tell her that she better watch her ******* back with a pic of you in a ski mask.

am I doing that right?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell her you've always wanted to have sex with her at gun-point. That might get you somewhere.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
tell her that she better watch her ******* back with a pic of you in a ski mask.

am I doing that right?
I almost considered doing that, lol, but it would've just been in a giant hoodie. So either we're both doing it right, or...

I just went with a mix of kal and georgiafan said, sorta.

Oh and someone, that is already in the plans, I brought that up later on yesterday.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I almost considered doing that, lol, but it would've just been in a giant hoodie. So either we're both doing it right, or...

I just went with a mix of kal and georgiafan said, sorta.

Oh and someone, that is already in the plans, I brought that up later on yesterday.

what did she say?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Nothing really, just laughed and then she brought up the snow we were supposed to get last night, and since it was weather, I got off topic pretty easily, lol.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nothing really, just laughed and then she brought up the snow we were supposed to get last night, and since it was weather, I got off topic pretty easily, lol.
sounds like she may have been joking which shows she prob has a good sense of humor if she's able to joke and laugh about something like that. You can always find a way to casually bring up sex when you text her the next time and see what she says.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah, its not really a huge deal, it just really threw me off how it all got brought up.

Outside of that comment, this chick has been real cool to talk to, one of the few chicks I can actually have a conversation about football with, who actually knows her team (including o-linemen and defensive players names), the only problem... her team is the Giants, lol.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, its not really a huge deal, it just really threw me off how it all got brought up.

Outside of that comment, this chick has been real cool to talk to, one of the few chicks I can actually have a conversation about football with, who actually knows her team (including o-linemen and defensive players names), the only problem... her team is the Giants, lol.
The good thing about a girl that cheers for another time is that it's easy to flirt/trash talk with her bad mouthing the team she cheers for. I never trash talk or anything about teams with other guys but with girls it's diffrent. That happens alot down here in the south when just about every girl follows college football.

Have yall went out on a date yet?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quick poll on a first date who opens the car door for the girl?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quick poll on a first date who opens the car door for the girl?
I might but I doubt it

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote