Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I can't really afford a mouse for my laptop right now is the only reason. I would eventfully get a good gaming mouse. Plus I do seasonal work and would be nice to always be able to MW/BO on the road where ever I go cause I use 3g off my phone for connection. Also I can not always connect my ps3 to wifi. It would be just a stop gap until I got a gaming mouse.
Mice are like $10, sometimes less. I've gotten my PS3 controller to work on my PC, but it was a ***** to rig.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The only reason I played WoW for a bit was to continue the amazing story from the WC's (which it doesn't seem like they actually continued it until WotLK). WC3 and FT were ******* amazing.

Wish they'd just turned WotLK and Cataclysm into WC4 and expansion rather than making WoW.

I am pretty sure you can register any Blizzard game on your Battle.net account if you have the key.
I could not get into WoW. I didn't like the fact that it was not really a strategy game but just a normal RPG type game. I played it for maybe a month way back in 2006.

Warcraft 2 is probably my favorite game of all time, I remember playing it way back in the day - like 96/97. It's been like a total flashback to 8th grade...lol. I also played WC3 but I was bummed about the unit limits in the game and the fact it was more hero based. It was still a great game though, I may have to scour and look for my copy of that and replay it as well.

Does anyone know if Blizzard is ever going to return to a RTS type Warcraft game rather than the current WoW RPG style game?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I could not get into WoW. I didn't like the fact that it was not really a strategy game but just a normal RPG type game. I played it for maybe a month way back in 2006.

Warcraft 2 is probably my favorite game of all time, I remember playing it way back in the day - like 96/97. It's been like a total flashback to 8th grade...lol. I also played WC3 but I was bummed about the unit limits in the game and the fact it was more hero based. It was still a great game though, I may have to scour and look for my copy of that and replay it as well.

Does anyone know if Blizzard is ever going to return to a RTS type Warcraft game rather than the current WoW RPG style game?
I think they basically have confirmed that they will not be... I think they are going to make Star Craft as their RTS games.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think they basically have confirmed that they will not be... I think they are going to make Star Craft as their RTS games.
Oh bummer...just doing a google search it seems that their are rumors but nothing is substantiated. I blame stupid WoW
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm slightly curious what Blizzard's Titan project is going to be.

Just can't wait for D3, though. Really the only game on my radar outside of ME3 right now.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any one know if I buy the downloadable type of MW3 for PC.Will i be able to connect it threw my 3g service by tethering ? I'm running at 440 kps ad 196ms ....
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It'll probably suck, but I don't see why you couldn't do it.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Does any one know if I buy the downloadable type of MW3 for PC.Will i be able to connect it threw my 3g service by tethering ? I'm running at 440 kps ad 196ms ....
That would be terrible to play on. It would be sluggish and would probably drop multiple times.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I wish, but they've totally destroyed the whole story line of the WC universe. If you watch the trailer for the new WoW expansion you'll see they aren't even bothering with a story line anymore.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The story in World of Warcraft has been pretty awful from the beginning. There is no reason to do any quest. Most of them don't add up to the overall goal you're trying to accomplish. Why do I need to kill 10 wolves in order to defeat Arthas?

They're throwing stuff at a dart board now. That game is dead.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I played to like level 45 or something on WoW and I didn't even know there was meant to be a story in that game, I wasn't expecting one though, it's just meant to be set in the Warcraft world.

Also... Warcraft 2 was awesome, I think it was probably the 3rd best RTS I've ever played behind Myth II and Starcraft. Warcraft 3 is 4th which really sums up how good Blizzard are.

To be honest the only other RTS that are even close to those 4 are Settlers which is really an entirely different type of game.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Vanilla WoW through Burning Crusade is basically just filling in people on what happened in WC 1-3. WotLK is a continuation of the WC story.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He's just so OP. No unit collision and a move that scales damage based on how little HP your opponent has. It's an instant kill under 25% HP late game if you build him with a Lich Bane. He's unstoppable.
Just have to silence or wait for him to jump and he melts. You so have to know how to play him to be able to effectively counter him.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Lol I played to like level 45 or something on WoW and I didn't even know there was meant to be a story in that game, I wasn't expecting one though, it's just meant to be set in the Warcraft world.

Also... Warcraft 2 was awesome, I think it was probably the 3rd best RTS I've ever played behind Myth II and Starcraft. Warcraft 3 is 4th which really sums up how good Blizzard are.

To be honest the only other RTS that are even close to those 4 are Settlers which is really an entirely different type of game.
Myth II is one of my favorite games. I think I still have my cd somewhere.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Myth II is one of my favorite games. I think I still have my cd somewhere.
I still resent Microsoft for buying Bungie and subsequently killing Bungie.net. Though I did have some fun with the fan run servers even after that.

I will stand by it as the single best RTS ever and by far the best multiplayer game I've played. It also had one of the two best mods ever made for a game(WW2, CS is the other).

Just an awesome game. Did you play online?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I log in and see people talking about League, didn't realize people played that on here.

I'm 1700 and wish that Kat was viable, it makes me sad since she's my best champ... :[

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I've been having to jungle a lot lately because people aren't wanting to. Kind of funny because I just started jungling in the last week or so since Hyena Warwick came out.

My best champ is probably Taric. Haven't played him at all since the changes to him, though.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I log in and see people talking about League, didn't realize people played that on here.

I'm 1700 and wish that Kat was viable, it makes me sad since she's my best champ... :[
I play everyday. MercWithTheMouth. My best characters are definitely Pantheon and Vlad, but I also play alot of Kennen, Jarvan, TF, Riven, Kat and Warwick. Basically anyone good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I've been having to jungle a lot lately because people aren't wanting to. Kind of funny because I just started jungling in the last week or so since Hyena Warwick came out.

My best champ is probably Taric. Haven't played him at all since the changes to him, though.
I hate the new jungle. Not enough money or EXP, I'm consistently underlevelled. I hate how easy it is. You can jungle Warwick without Smite now, that's how easy it is. Also, I might have to buy his Hyena skin. It's so sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I am utterly pissed off right now....to the point where I almost am going to punch a hole into the wall.

Ordered a GTX 560 TI

UPS said they dropped it off at my house at 11:45...I left for work at 12.... Saw nothing on the porch so I went to work. Got home looked around an nothing. So I call UPS and basically get told Im an idiot and I need to look in my door where they left it. So Im getting a little mad because I can barely understand the operator. Then they tell me I gotta call Newegg to file a claim...a claim that will take 10 days to complete. Plus I cant call Newegg until tomorrow because their customer service hours are ... 5am - 5pm ... honestly really? 5-5 what kind of customer service hours is that!
an update on this... newegg was supposed to send me a new card overnight,,,that was two days ago and more than likely wont get here til monday...major mad and just want my money back now.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/...person-shooter

Quote:
Now, instead of just looking at boring buildings and inanimate figures, you can fire off a couple of rounds with the new first person shooter version of Google Street View.
morbidly cool. probably great for planning out terrorist attacks.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just finished ordering the parts for my computer build... Here is the breakdown:

Antec LanBoy Air Blue
Asus Crosshair V
AMD FX-8150
16 GB Corsair RAM
AMD Radeon 5970
850w Corsair PSU
1 TB Seagate HDD
Asus Bluray burner

God I can't wait to build this beast!

Old 12-30-2011, 04:45 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got Battlefield 3 for Christmas. Super stoked.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best thing about pc gaming online multiplayer, hacking/cheating/raging, so easy to do it and never get banned
Old 01-17-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Alienware desktop looks like an Xbox 360.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I hate proprietary boxes. My friend got an XPS desktop (or whatever the **** they call their high end gaming desktops) and wanted to upgrade to the i7 series from Core2. Well he was going to have to replace the motherboard...but the only mobo that fits in one of those boxes is one specifically made for that box. So he had to get a new box and pretty much lost the water cooling system he'd had on there.