Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or has the designs of all the android phones become bland?

They all look the same to me. When is somebody gonna come out with a phone where it's all screen? That's what I wanna know.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

They all look the same to me. When is somebody gonna come out with a phone where it's all screen? That's what I wanna know.
A few years from now. Nokia filed for the patent, if I remember correctly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to get the new Droid 4. I'm hoping for it for christmas. I'm still using the Droid 1 and I've just been waiting for a new quality android phone that has a hardware keyboard and 4G. I was real close to buying a Droid 3 a month ago too, thank god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aren't they that already?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, as soon as i decide that i want the iphone and upgrade my damn mac to osx lion, the ******* galaxy nexus comes out the next day. FUCKYOU VERIZON

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am waiting to buy mine from Best Buy... It pisses me off that none currently have them.

UGH
Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm going to call verizon before i go there, i'm getting the galaxy nexus if they have it, iphone if not.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh Best Buy has them... Picking one up in just over an hour. Cant ******* wait!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I just picked mine up from Verizon, cool phone. now does anyone know how to download apps that I paid for from this app store without paying for them again?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I just picked mine up from Verizon, cool phone. now does anyone know how to download apps that I paid for from this app store without paying for them again?
You should just have to log in using the same gmail account you bought them with.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Yeah i figured it out, apparently the gameboy applications I had on my droid x don't work with ice cream sandwich. sad. The battery life is pretty awful, i was playing with it for maybe 30 minutes and it drained 20% of the battery, screen is almost all the way dark...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you can still pop the back case off and replace the battery, right?
Yeah, you can, but it'd be a hassle to have to charge two batteries, I'm going to call verizon and see if they have an extended life battery yet. Cause that would be awesome if my battery would last more than 4 hours.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The battery isnt fully charged out of the box... You should run it dead before fully charging it. Also 4g is always going to be a battery sucker.

I got it and it is orgasmic!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, i always keep two batteries with me, one fully charged as a backup. it's not that bad.
We can do that with our Xs, which is great, but the new 4g phones coming out dont let you pop the batteries out anymore.

Having an external battery charger and 2 fresh batteries in my pocket has been a life saver for me. I'm not happy with the new designs that won't allow us to do this anymore.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The Nexus does... I just got it too.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
The battery isnt fully charged out of the box... You should run it dead before fully charging it. Also 4g is always going to be a battery sucker.

I got it and it is orgasmic!
I'll just connect it to my wifi when possible, that is probably faster anyways.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
We can do that with our Xs, which is great, but the new 4g phones coming out dont let you pop the batteries out anymore.

Having an external battery charger and 2 fresh batteries in my pocket has been a life saver for me. I'm not happy with the new designs that won't allow us to do this anymore.
It's not like it's easy to get out. but you can get the battery out and it's not internal like the droid razr.

edit: sorry for the double post

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll just connect it to my wifi when possible, that is probably faster anyways.
You can just shut off the 4g when your not using it... and 4g is pretty damn fast depending on where you are. Just did a quick speed test and pulled down 10mbs and 3 up
Old 12-15-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

My 4g isn't very strong where ever i go in sioux falls. I also work for my internet provider and get my internet free. I have a 50mb down connection by 10 up. I'm pretty sure my cable internet is much faster than 4g.

I'm almost positive that you guys are probably in a larger market that Sioux Falls, SD.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, i know friends on sprint even, were beating my comcast speeds. but comcast is a pile of crap in denver. i'm lucky to get 10/2.
I have FiOS. No tethered phone is going to keep up with that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
from what i've heard/read, 4g (at least on the LTE network), assuming a strong signal, is typically faster than most people's wifi (a big side benefit for me is being able to dump comcast for internet and just tether to my phone at home).
Max speed is 50x5 (down by up) I think. And that's with over 100 latency average.

My home is 50x5, but actually regularly hits 50x5 instead of averaging like 25x1 or something that LTE does unless you have a perfect signal. I average a latency in the 25-30 range.

So, my home internet is still significantly better than 4G LTE service, but it's kind of nice to have... if you don't mind the 70+ a month for a single service line.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Has anyone played with google music yet? you can store up to 20k songs in the cloud and access it on any android device. I'm uploading my itunes play list now.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

It takes a while to upload, but it basically allows you to have everything on your device...

as long as you don't have a major restriction on your data limit.

You won't notice the difference between the cloud and on the phone, either.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Has anyone played with google music yet? you can store up to 20k songs in the cloud and access it on any android device. I'm uploading my itunes play list now.
I have it and have now gotten rid of my antiquated Zune... Yes I bought a Zune.

Personally I love it. I had it on my last phone (Samsung Fascinate) and it was slow, buggy and just a pain to use. Since I switched to the Nexus its great. No load time between songs, built in equalizer and just all around awesomeness.

As descendency said though if you have a data cap it can be a burden and take up a ton of it. Though Google Music does allow you to download songs from the cloud at any point. So you can download 5-10 albums at home on your wifi connection and never use your data.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, HTC Rezound or iPhone?