Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Quick poll on a first date who opens the car door for the girl?
Depends on the girl. If she seems like she'd buy the sentimentality, then go for it. Others might just laugh at you though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quick poll on a first date who opens the car door for the girl?
If she's into the chivalry stuff...then yes...if not....then let her open her own gtdamn door

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Have yall went out on a date yet?
Not yet, I've got one lined up though. I saw this girl for the first time in a while a few weeks ago and talked with her on FB after. I saw her again and exchanged numbers (a week or so ago), and we've been talking regularly since then.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simple way to figure this out... You should be driving, correct? If she opens the door by the time you get to it, let her. If she is opening her own door (your door) she obviously doesn't care. Otherwise, open it. I usually plan on opening it for her either way, bc that's just the type of guy I am, but I've had chicks who could care less, and if they don't care, I'm not going to go out of my way... Sometimes you just gotta let **** figure it out for itself.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a pretty chivalrous guy, very old fashioned, but my gf just recently reamed me out for not opening the car door for her. So, of course i'm doing it now.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She reamed you out? For that? Really?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it was a jokingly serious kind of conversation, i was just being a little dramatic.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I royally effed up.

Met this girl and had her jocking me. Talked for a few days, went on a date. Had just broke up with her ex of a year and a half day before. Back with him. Talks to me today and essentially lectured me on what I did wrong as far as being to nice and the like. I could have had it had I just done it right. She was a dime.

This one stings.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm a pretty chivalrous guy, very old fashioned, but my gf just recently reamed me out for not opening the car door for her. So, of course i'm doing it now.
Same here but sometimes i forget to open the door cuz i carpool with my sister to school in the mornings and i never open it for her so sometimes i'll forget to do it for non-sibling girls lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bitchesssz be crazy anyways. They want you to be nice, but like the guys that a bit of an ass to them. Open the door and be chilvalrous, they may take it that you are a pushover.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Most girls can and will distinguish chivalry and politeness with being a little *****. It's how you act around your friends, and when you're out together that they form their opinion of you. I've never gotten the 'too nice' from a girl for being polite. It has happened though for being a little too willing to hear them out on their life problems. But, i'm glad i'm on hiatus from the dating scene, i miss the single life sometimes but definitely not that.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My girlfriend of 2 years ended things a couple days ago. Needless to say its been tough for me, especially since all my roommates and friends are home for winter break and I'm here by myself. I've been out of the game too long, not sure what to do.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
My girlfriend of 2 years ended things a couple days ago. Needless to say its been tough for me, especially since all my roommates and friends are home for winter break and I'm here by myself. I've been out of the game too long, not sure what to do.
youll be fine bro, just takes time to get used to it. Alcohol can do two things to the situation, make you extremely sad or let you forget it and have a good time. My advice to you is to lay back with your guy friends to get your morale up, women are an enigma that stresses one out to no end.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serious question here, should I be concerned that I"m 20 and never had a relationship? I have had my one night stands and ish, but I've never had a relationship with a girl at all. There really isn't anyone that stands out to me in these 20 years where Im like, "yes, there's something special there." Or do I just not know what something special is and take it for granted?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
youll be fine bro, just takes time to get used to it. Alcohol can do two things to the situation, make you extremely sad or let you forget it and have a good time. My advice to you is to lay back with your guy friends to get your morale up, women are an enigma that stresses one out to no end.
Alcohol will mess with you if you drink by yourself while sulking. If you're gonna drink do it at a social even or just chillin with close friends.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-10-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever you do Hawk, do not immediately jump into another relationship. My two best friends are notorious for dating girls for long periods of time and then getting right back into another serious relationship a week or two later and it bugs me to no end.
Take some time for yourself and enjoy the single life a bit. Rely on your friends and family during this time and just have some fun.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Serious question here, should I be concerned that I"m 20 and never had a relationship? I have had my one night stands and ish, but I've never had a relationship with a girl at all. There really isn't anyone that stands out to me in these 20 years where Im like, "yes, there's something special there." Or do I just not know what something special is and take it for granted?
Don't worry.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys go about handling getting x mas presents for the gf? Be my first holiday season of having some one.I kind have an idea but not sure exactly what to get. Should it be something more personal or something out of the box ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How do you guys go about handling getting x mas presents for the gf? Be my first holiday season of having some one.I kind have an idea but not sure exactly what to get. Should it be something more personal or something out of the box ?
Here's something that might help:

Female Gift Value = (Monetary Value) / (Function)

So something like flowers or jewelry are high up there while a vacuum or dish soap are not.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How long/serious is it?

The longer the relationship has been, the more personal and meaningful you wanna go with a gift. If she has been your girlfriend for like, a month, buy her a perfume or something.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Metsox,
well we just started dating in Sept .But have been friends since last summer in 2010. So I'm fairly new to the whole gift idea. I do have a necklace in mind but I wanted to get a few more things. Also I'm not sure if I should order them or go to a store.

kalbears13,
Yes I know that much and wouldn't even go there because it would not show nothing to speak.

She into the whole animal thing as well and loves pink or sparkly stuff like that. Also into the peace sing deal so I guess I just have to start looking around and get my butt in gear.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Whatever you do Hawk, do not immediately jump into another relationship. My two best friends are notorious for dating girls for long periods of time and then getting right back into another serious relationship a week or two later and it bugs me to no end.
Take some time for yourself and enjoy the single life a bit. Rely on your friends and family during this time and just have some fun.
Appreciate the advice bro, yeah I wasn't planning on that. Its tough getting adjusting to not having steady action. That's the motivation though.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got this girls number in my one class just now. I told her I will text her if i know of any parties next semester. I was wondering should I text her over break or text her during break? I was thinking about texting her about our take home final but if it is a easy final I dont want to look like a dumbass.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So been talking to this girl a lot lately. She has mentioned dating and talking about how she likes me and spending time with me. I feel the same way and what not and over thanksgiving we hung out a ton, I brought home a buddy from school who wasnt gonna be able to make it back, and so he was always there as well which kinda bummed me out sometimes because I woulda liked to spend some time alone with her.

Well I head back for break tomorrow for christmas and we havent stopped talking. I brought up the idea of takin her to dinner or goin out on a couple dates and what not...and she has kinda been scared about the idea. Shes worried that now its more "official" and that there is more pressure since my buddy isnt there. I know she had a terrible ending to her last relationship so I've made sure to let her know I'm not gonna try to rush her, but id like to spend some time with her. She seems open to try it, but im worried it might be a little awkward. Shes just scared, she doesnt wanna rush into anything and I understand that....but wow.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You're gonna look like an even bigger dumbass when you text her next semester and she forgot who you were. Just text her.