Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-10-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Frylock
Rookie

Frylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Underclassmen That Should Stay in School

I'm really interested in prospects people think should give college another year. I remember a guy named Donovan Warren who was a cornerback for Michigan that I thought jumped the gun a little early. However, after seeing some mock drafts that year withy him going in the second round I dismissed it. Eventually, he went undrafted but signed with the Jets as a rookie free agent. He didn't make the squad and now I think he is out of football. So, the lesson children is plainly this: don't declare for the draft unless your full heart is in it and be ready to pay for play.

Annyway, here are my top 5 guys that can come out this year but I feel wouldn't hurt themsleves by staying an extra year:

RB Kniles Davis- Normally I'd never say a running back should stay an extra year. However, I think Davis would really benefit going into next years draft with a clean bill of health. C.J. Spiller went in the top ten after returning for his seinor year so its been done before

QB Tyler Wilson- If he comes out he won't even be in the top five QB's selected (Luck, Barkley, RG III, Jones, Tannehill). If he stays he'll compete with Tyler Bray in being top QB selected.

WR Stephen Hill- I know he is in an option offense but he only caught 25 balls this year. If he declares he'll get drafted for his triangle numbers and what he does at the combine. I really think he should come back, try and double his numbers (only 4 TD's as well), and come out in 2013.

Xavier Rhodes- Rhodes is a redshirt sophmore so technically he can declare. However, I think he'd be a sure fire first round pick next year instead of a late second this year.

D.J. Fluker- I've actually seen him some mocks as a first round pick. Still, I'm a little concerned about his weight only because Andre Smith balloned up to 360 after he was drafted (is he still with the Bengals?)and even Marcel Dareus was considered top heavy (he seems be doing well for himself however in Buffalo).
Frylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Stephon Gilmore! Dude was so on a milk carton this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top guys would probably be QB Tyler Wilson and WR Alshon Jeffery. Wilson has the tools to be a top 5 pick, but he needs more experience and time for him to grow into the prospect that some think he can be. Jeffery was a top 10 prospect coming into the year, but bad QB play and speed concerns have pushed him into the 11-25 range.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Murray should stay an extra two years.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
My top guys would probably be QB Tyler Wilson and WR Alshon Jeffery. Wilson has the tools to be a top 5 pick, but he needs more experience and time for him to grow into the prospect that some think he can be. Jeffery was a top 10 prospect coming into the year, but bad QB play and speed concerns have pushed him into the 11-25 range.
Bad QB play isn't going away. Connor Shaw will be the starter next year again.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Frylock
Rookie

Frylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrylock is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I have to agree with TACKLE. Jeffery is one of only three wide recievers I see going in the first round (the others being Blackmon and Floyd). Jeffery can cement his status as top ten pick with a good combine and pro day.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Oklahoma QB Landry Jones should stay in school.

Could be the fourth quarterback selected this year but the top overall pick next year.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Graham
Old 12-11-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few guys who have a lot to gain by returning to school:

QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.

DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina

SS Ray-Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

Could be the fourth quarterback selected this year but the top overall pick next year.
Why? Landry Jones is just no a very good quarterback.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Why? Landry Jones is just no a very good quarterback.
I still don't think he is going to be the #1 QB off the board in 2013. He has to fight off guys like Bray, Glennon, & Wilson.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to throw Barkley's name in here, He could very well be the #2 QB this year but Griffin is challenging and the guy could be the #1 next year and you can't discount the fact that USC is bowl eligible next year.

Landry Jones should get out now before he hurts his stock any further and guys like Tyler Wilson gain momentum over him, especially if Barkley stays.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I still don't think he is going to be the #1 QB off the board in 2013. He has to fight off guys like Bray, Glennon, & Wilson.
How much of a hit do you think his stock can take with the deciding factors above I've stated? Keep in mind it's not like he is Jake Locker.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Frylock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
A few guys who have a lot to gain by returning to school:

QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.

DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina

SS Ray-Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL)
I understand Wilson and Fluker of course and I guess i can understand Taylor. But your going to have to explain to me about Jeffery, Worthy, and Armstrong.

Would most people agree with me if you were among the top five at your position in the draft or projected to go in the Top 100 (in other words between the first and mid fourth) then it's worth coming out ?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sometimes I don't understand you when it comes to QB's, Scott.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Sometimes I don't understand you when it comes to QB's, Scott.
Neither do I, but I agree with him here. Landry is, at best, the No. 4 QB this year. He needs another year.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Neither do I, but I agree with him here. Landry is, at best, the No. 4 QB this year. He needs another year.
It does not matter where he goes as long as he is drafted in the 1st. Look at a guy like Ponder who 90% of the people on the forum "knew" he would be a 2nd Rounder.

He needs to come out now before he becomes irrelevant next year. Dude is not Jake Locker by all means in the aspect of being a specimen at the QB position.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I understand Wilson and Fluker of course and I guess i can understand Taylor. But your going to have to explain to me about Jeffery, Worthy, and Armstrong.

Would most people agree with me if you were among the top five at your position in the draft or projected to go in the Top 100 (in other words between the first and mid fourth) then it's worth coming out ?
Jeffery and Worthy came into this draft considered to be top ten locks and could end up in the top ten if they return and play like they should have this year; Jeffery has been out of shape and Worthy is being hurt by a string of minor injuries and a lack of a team need. Ray-Ray Armstrong was considered a first-rounder but is probably a third-rounder now; he takes poor angles to the football and blows coverages way more regularly than he should. None of those three players have raised their stock anywhere near a peak.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Jeffery and Worthy came into this draft considered to be top ten locks and could end up in the top ten if they return and play like they should have this year; Jeffery has been out of shape and Worthy is being hurt by a string of minor injuries and a lack of a team need. Ray-Ray Armstrong was considered a first-rounder but is probably a third-rounder now; he takes poor angles to the football and blows coverages way more regularly than he should. None of those three players have raised their stock anywhere near a peak.
I don't care if he has 5 picks next year he still will not go in the 1st. Might as well come out. Never was or will be an elite prospect.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
No, I don't understand how he thinks Landry Jones is a remotely good QB.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Add Stephon Gilmore! Dude was so on a milk carton this year.
What is it with you and milk cartons?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
What is it with you and milk cartons?
No further questions!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 12-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Wilson is an obvious one for me, if he has another good year in the SEC he'll be highly valued as he has all the tools and mechanics.

Xavier Rhodes should definitely come back as well as he wasn't playing as well to start the year and will be able to distinguish himself more next year on what should be a stacked FSU defense.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Taylor comes to mind. The guy just needs to go back and get stronger and fill out a bit.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones needs to come out now before his stock tanks even more. You always hear in baseball about not trading a guy when his stock is at it's lowest. Well, it's not ideal to do that but it's a hell of a lot better to do it then than it is to keep waiting until he has NO stock at all.

Not sure how Jones is going to be the #1 QB when Blake Bell is going to Tebow his ass even more often next season