Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just caught up in this thread and all i have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Nash and Gortat being worth Bynum?

First of all, this isn't 2005... We don't need a point guard that's double Bynum's age.

I'm sure Nash will be able to keep up with CP3, Rondo, Tyreke Evans, hell even Ricky Rubio?

It doesn't matter if he gives us 8-10 assists a game, our problem at PG in the past was defense and speed. Nash gives us nothing of that.

And Gortat isn't that much worse than Bynum? HUH?! Really?? wtf.

yeah let's sacrifice 1.6 blocks per game while sacraficing roughly about 4 years in age.

Also, please let our management have a plan. We better be making a huge move soon or else, we'd be lucky to make it out of the 2nd round with what we have now.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
He also ****** Houston out of getting Gasol and possibly Nene.
Everyone actively involved in the off-season has gotten ******. He ******* ruined the off-season for me, everything is tainted. Off-seasons in sports are a huge domino effect. Once you **** with one domino, you ruin everything else, and David Stern took a massive dump on the biggest domino of free agency. **** him. **** him up his stupid ass. He better be ******* gone after this **** season.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we were done with this? As much as you want Andrew Bynum to be Dwight Howard he's not. Gortat played at an all star level the second half of last year, if he played for the Lakers you'd be on his nuts instead. And by the time Nash retires Kobe won't be playing at the same level anyway.

It's really not even close actually.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get it. Yeah, Bynum's a good, young athletic center but like...why so much hype and love for a guy who's averaged 10.5 and 7 while having major injury problems and concerns his entire career?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I dont get it. Yeah, Bynum's a good, young athletic center but like...why so much hype and love for a guy who's averaged 10.5 and 7 while having major injury problems and concerns his entire career?
Because I hear he has like long arms and stuff, and he can take two steps without falling over himself. Yeah, that makes him a future superstar for sure. Who cares that both his knees are one mis-step away from spontaneously combusting?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Because I hear he has like long arms and stuff, and he can take two steps without falling over himself. Yeah, that makes him a future superstar for sure. Who cares that both his knees are one mis-step away from spontaneously combusting?
SUPERSTAR.
oh, and I hit enter, the rest of my message should've read "D'Imperio"

and before the laker fans come a running and bashing me, this isn't me rationalizing why the magic should trade dwight to the nets because bropez is better than bynum. I just think bynum is over rated and his injury past and bad knees are a pretty big deal
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I just caught up in this thread and all i have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Nash and Gortat being worth Bynum?

First of all, this isn't 2005... We don't need a point guard that's double Bynum's age.

I'm sure Nash will be able to keep up with CP3, Rondo, Tyreke Evans, hell even Ricky Rubio?

It doesn't matter if he gives us 8-10 assists a game, our problem at PG in the past was defense and speed. Nash gives us nothing of that.

And Gortat isn't that much worse than Bynum? HUH?! Really?? wtf.

yeah let's sacrifice 1.6 blocks per game while sacraficing roughly about 4 years in age.

Also, please let our management have a plan. We better be making a huge move soon or else, we'd be lucky to make it out of the 2nd round with what we have now.
Gortat > Bynum

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SUPERSTAR.

and before the laker fans come a running and bashing me, this isn't me rationalizing why the magic should trade dwight to the nets because bropez is better than bynum. I just think bynum is over rated and his injury past and bad knees are a pretty big deal
Scotty didn't you know Bynum still has potiential after being in the league for 6 years and having no knees. So many teams want to trade for him it's not even funnyz.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought we were done with this? As much as you want Andrew Bynum to be Dwight Howard he's not. Gortat played at an all star level the second half of last year, if he played for the Lakers you'd be on his nuts instead. And by the time Nash retires Kobe won't be playing at the same level anyway.

It's really not even close actually.
I'm seriously confused by these people. Do you not realize how good Nash still is? How good Gortat was with regular playing time? How combustible and obscenely overrated Bynum is?

And no, Nash cannot play defense. But defense sure as **** wasn't your only problem from the point guard position. You telling me that Fisher and Blake are absolutely lethal shooters just like Nash, are clutch just like Nash, and can dish out 10 assists per game like Nash? Give me a ******* break and stop overrating that no kneed fucktard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SUPERSTAR.

But can you throw in a guy like Pau as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
But can you throw in a guy like Pau as well?
oh, no. I already know the lakers have way more to offer. I was making a disclaimer that my thinking Bynum and his value beign over-rated have no connections to my being a nets fan and wanting Howard on the nets.
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Odom trade was extremely shady, the Lakers must have something in mind to follow up otherwise I really don't get it.

Also, Nash is such a baller. Hope the guy gets a shot as a championship. Would be cool to see him come to NY. Knicks would have an easier time affording him than Paul but he'd still be a huge upgrade for them and he's obviously familiar with the system. Plus I'm in NJ so selfishly it'd be nice to get to the Garden and see him play from time to time. Same reason I'd like the Nets to land Howard (provided my Bulls don't, and it seems we have no shot).
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D12 to LA. Book it.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAndre Jordan has signed a 4 year, $43 million offer sheet with Golden State, agent Greg Lawrence tells Y!

Jeremy Lin was claimed off waivers by the Rockets

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Clips are gonna match it anyway.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Scotty didn't you know Bynum still has potiential after being in the league for 6 years and having no knees. So many teams want to trade for him it's not even funnyz.
Still trolling about this?

Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Hornets/Clippers talking trade. Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks according to Broussard.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-11-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: grammar failure
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ at that offer. I guess theyre trying to make sure another deal isnt vetoed.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah I'm not even big on Bledsoe and Aminu, but that's definitely a good return.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Clips are ******* stupid if they gut their team like that for Paul. And **** everything about David Stern and the Hornets. They need to lose Paul to FA in order for this asshole to finally get kicked on his ass out of the league's commissioner office.

And the Clips are getting gang raped in that trade. I'd do all of that except Gordon and still call it fair.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Still trolling about this?

Good for you.
What's your arguement potential?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gortat is a shorter center that doesn't block shots, what good is that?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hornets/Clippers talking trade. Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks according to Broussard.
Even as a Hornets fan (casual) that seems to be asking a lot. Hell, I'd trade CP3 for Kaman, Mo Williams, Aminu, Bledsoe, Trey Thompkins, and 2 1sts. Gordon is a FA after this year and Hornets would risk losing him if he doesn't re-sign and would be AGAIN in the same position.

Clips get CP3 and keep Gordon plus they can match the offer for DeAndre Jordan. Have a team of CP3, Gordon, Caron Butler, Griffin, Jordan

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-11-2011 at 07:04 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Gortat is a shorter center that doesn't block shots, what good is that?
Because you can still play good defense without blocking shots? And Gortat is one inch shorter than Bynum.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Even as a Hornets fan (casual) that seems to be asking a lot. Hell, I'd trade CP3 for Kaman, Mo Williams, Aminu, Bledsoe, Trey Thompkins, and 2 1sts. Gordon is a FA after this year and Hornets would risk losing him if he doesn't re-sign and would be AGAIN in the same position.

Clips get CP3 and keep Gordon plus they can match the offer for DeAndre Jordan. Have a team of CP3, Gordon, Caron Butler, Griffin, Jordan
Gordon would be a a restricted FA. So you would keep him for a year at least.