Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 14, Raiders @ Packers

Great start so far, nice to see everyone stepping up.

I'd love to see Clay get a few sacks this game. Gotta get him at least 10 again for the season.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more touchdown for Rodgers to break Favres record! Hope he does it today.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is unreal

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Saine leave the game?
What's wrong with him now?

I don't even think our offense was that sharp at all, but the turnovers by the D made it pretty easy.

Bad pass, and catch attempt, on the Int in the end zone.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Jennings being carted to the locker room.

And can this defense ever play a consistant game? Yeah you're up but ******* tackle. So soft up the middle.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, starting to feel sick. That doesn't look good for Jennings. Oddly enough, replay's didn't really show anything too bad

judging by his body language though and being carted off...I'm very concerned.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Pickett is now out at well

Sherrod staying in at LT and gets beat for a sack of Rodgers - Yeah this is a great idea...
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah what the hell is that? Newhouse isn't even hurt. Sherrod has looked horrible in this game, so why do they keep bringing him out there at LT...

it's nearly time to get Rodgers out of the game now, to
Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yeah what the hell is that? Newhouse isn't even hurt. Sherrod has looked horrible in this game, so why do they keep bringing him out there at LT...

it's nearly time to get Rodgers out of the game now, to
I'm guessing just for reps. EDS has looked like **** too.

No sacks by our defense either...
Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

EDS flatout blows. Sitton needs to come back fast

goddammit, this game should be GREAT(43-7) but I just can't shake the Jennings injury. All I can think about is that if its a torn ACL...he'll be done for NEXT season as well

please don't let that be the case
Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Grant poops at pass protection.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well, damn near a perfect game

please be OK, Jennings
Old 12-11-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

To no surprise, McCarthy said it was a "knee sprain" and will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Don't know how serious it is. It honestly didn't even look bad, so I hope tomorrow confirms what the replays showed

Saine and Picket had concussions. That's it as far as injuries go
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like you guys have mentioned, we dominated this game but it's overshadowed by the injuries and poor o-line play at times

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that matters now is Jennings.

Rodgers passer rating was only in the 90's today.
He wasn't sharp, and I believe it's clear the weather has an impact on his feel, which is natural. Frostbite sucks.

Jennings is our Jerry Rice. We can't lose him..... I don't care if he misses a few games and comes back strong. But who knows what it is at this point.
Seems like we lose a guy every half.

Don't know what the hell was going on with Newhouse and Sherrod. Newhouse has gotten just owned by good DEs, so maybe they felt Sherrod would be better. Or they know that Clifton and/or Sitton won't be back, and need to get Sherrod some reps when possible before we play good teams.

Nice to see ZOMBO! back out there, and getting a sack.

Even without Jennings, we'd have 4 good ones, plus Finley.
But Jennings always draws the #1 CB's, which help Jordy, Jones, Driver, Cobb get better matchups.

All in all, a 30-point romp, but feels very bad all because of Jennings.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To no surprise, McCarthy said it was a "knee sprain" and will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Don't know how serious it is. It honestly didn't even look bad, so I hope tomorrow confirms what the replays showed

Saine and Picket had concussions. That's it as far as injuries go
Yeah I couldn't see anything in the slow motion replay either. He appeared to be in some serious pain. The most concerning thing to me was his body language. He looked very dejected. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he can be ready to go for the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well these player comments don't really ease my worries...

Jennings suffers knee sprain

Quote:
"It didn’t look very good, so we’ll see what the MRI says tomorrow and hopefully, you know, we got a bye wrapped up, so he really has close to five weeks before the next game, or our playoff game," Rodgers said. "So hopefully we can get him ready for that."

Tight end Jermichael Finley didn't see the injury himself. He doesn't know Jennings' status yet but didn't sound optimistic.

"It's the next man up right now," Finley said. "Last year, I went down at the beginning of the season and Greg stepped up. So this year, it'll be on our receiving corps to step up.

"He's a big-time playmaker on this offense and he's going to be missed. There's going to be a lot of the shoulders of whoever takes his spot."
"hopefully ready for the playoffs" and "he's going to be missed"? Sounds like the players are expecting him to at least miss some time

really hope it's only a sprain. He would have what? 5 weeks(with their bye) to get ready for the playoff game
Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping he can pull a Driver-Denver game and get carted off only to sprint back out at halftime.

Hopefully it isn't serious but luckily we're plush with receiving options.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

More Cobb/Jones or perhaps they bring that Gurley guy up from the PS. Read a Silverstein(I think it was him) piece on Gurley alittle over a month ago about how impressive he has looked in practice

Drive was one of the few who didn't sound too concerned

Quote:
TyDunne Tyler Dunne
Driver sounded more optimistic on 85: “I think he’ll be fine. I haven’t talked to him yet but I think he should be OK.” #packers
Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Let's pray Jennings is okay.

Changing tunes, this pass was way too low..... it's not all Finleys fault.
Didn't give him a chance to reach up high and use his heighth advantage.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/607...-packers12.jpg

Why don't the ***** Journal Sentinel photos post? Bastards... I blame Kane.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

PFT is reporting(although unconfirmed) that it's a torn MCL for Jennings

hope that's not true
Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Let's pray Jennings is okay.

Changing tunes, this pass was way too low..... it's not all Finleys fault.
Didn't give him a chance to reach up high and use his heighth advantage.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/607...-packers12.jpg

Why don't the ***** Journal Sentinel photos post? Bastards... I blame Kane.
That photo was taken after the ball went right through his hands. Could the ball have been better placed? Probably, but I've heard time and time again if you are receiver in the NFL and the ball hits you in the hands you should catch it. Even if he doesn't catch the ball, he should have at least got his hands on it enough to prevent the INT.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
PFT is reporting(although unconfirmed) that it's a torn MCL for Jennings....hope that's not true
How the hell would those guys know even before an MRI is done?
I really hope it's not true.
I know the ACL is the bad CL.... how fast can a guy come back from the MCL?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How the hell would those guys know even before an MRI is done?
I really hope it's not true.
I know the ACL is the bad CL.... how fast can a guy come back from the MCL?
Looks like it depends on the severity of the tear.

Grade I = 1 -2 weeks
Grade II = 3 - 4 weeks
Grade III = 6+ weeks
Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

On a positive note, how about DJ Smith and Francois. Smith got his first career INT and Francois added another pick and a forced fumble (returned for TD by Walden). I've been impressed with how these guys have stepped in. Honestly, I've defended Hawk, but he might have to start looking over his shoulder next offseason. I don't think Hawk has the athleticism to make either of the INTs we've seen from Francois recently.