Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-10-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played resident evil in such a long time.

Last one I played was Code: Veronica for the dreamcast I believe.

They should remake the one with Nemesis....its 3 I believe. Never really got to play it and I don't wanna go back to the blocky graphics though haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VGAs are tonight...I have to work but I may watch a little just to see the new trailers. I dont care about the awards, hopefully we'll get some awesome game trailers, at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
VGAs are tonight...I have to work but I may watch a little just to see the new trailers. I dont care about the awards, hopefully we'll get some awesome game trailers, at least.
I'm totally watching. TV this hilariously bad comes but once a year. Ordered a few pizzas and everything haha. But yeah, I'm mainly watching for the news and trailers. Some pretty big stuff dropped last year. I'll be flicking back and forth between that and the Heisman Ceremony.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might check it out if I can find a stream...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I might check it out if I can find a stream...
Same here.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stream you say?

http://vidya.evilstream.com

It's from 4chan and intended for a 4chan type audience,
so ear that in mind if ou see the chat box.

The Last of Us trailer looked like it was trying very hard to be the Dead Island Trailer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to Gamestop tomorrow to take advantage of a buy 2 get one free offer they have running this weekend. I was thinking about getting Saints Row 3( Hated the first two due to AI issues and horrible physics and gunplay) but I've heard good things about this one, Assassins Creed Revelations( beat the first one sat out the rest) and possibly Fallout New Vegas. I'm looking for some feedback whether these would be some good games to waste time on or perhaps suggestions as to what games would deserve my time over these.

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 12-10-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hot on Naughty Dog...they're one of my favorites. Very cold on zombies. Not really excited for it.

Looked like Juno and a bearded Dylan Mcdermott by the way.

And Alan Wake with a tech 9? meh. Honestly, to my own surprise I've kind of begun to sour on Wake the more time has passed. I'm not that big on the story as much as a lot of people. I think it can be rather cheesy. I still like it, but I dont know how much more of it I want going forward.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing though Skyrim still so whatever I get will be sitting for awhile. If I ever get close to beating it I plan on going town by town killing everyone who can be killed. I've accidentally killed a few business owners messing around then accidentally walking outside triggering a save, does anybody know if they get replaced at sometime or is that business shut down for good? I wiped out the Tavern in Whiterun as well as the potion shop in Riftin.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Whoops..........

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 12-10-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This is a pretty weak show compared to lasts years with the big Mass Effect reveal and the Skyrim trailer. I've already seen the big Metal Gear announcement too...and meh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

woooooooooo my xbox is back!!!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I just packed in a few hours into Batman AC...gotta say..the game is very good looking...and the combat system is pretty cool.

I'm still a little on the fence with it though...I have only just started so it has a lot of time to win me over.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I thought it was an absolutely brilliant game. I loved it. The combat can get repetitive, if you choose to bash every baddie's head in. But it's just a top notch game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It was a heck of a lot better than Arkham Asylum was and a very strong title. I still think both of those games are more than a little bit overhyped though. If you were to take out Batman and have it stand on it's own merits, I'm really not sure it's so critically revered. Maybe it's just because I really don't care about Batman all that much(or comicbook type heroes in general), but I just don't understand the Game of the Year type hype it's getting. The actual gameplay is just so basic and not particularly polished or gratifying either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-12-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I was pretty pleased for the most part but something just wasn't rubbing me the right way.

The combat did get a little repetitive, was getting by mostly with strikes and counters. I'm also not too fond of the dodging controls and I don't think I found a health bar, don't really need it but I like having it anyways.

I'll manage to get in some real good hours in this weekend specially with Wednesday being my last final.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

So today was my first day in 3 weeks with my xbox. I put in a few hours into 3 games. Halo Combat Evolved anniversary edition, Batman Arkham City, BF3. Just a few thoughts and impressions I got in the bit of time I put in into em.

Halo:CE Anniversary Edition: Playing this game brought back so many memories. It looks fantastic in HD now and reminded why I love the Halo franchise. Its a blast to play and I really think the games lost a little something after Halo 2. The fun factor wasn't there as much in games like Reach. I enjoyed the 2 or 3 hours I put in today.

Batman: Arkham City: Like I said earlier the game is fantastic to look at. Very aesthetically pleasing and really captures Gotham imo. This is my first experience with either one of the Batman games and it really isn't disappointing. There are a few minor things that have irked me so far, the combat system is pretty basic and fairly easy to pick up but can get a bit repetitive and boring. I think there may be a little too much going on with the controls as well, seems like most buttons have 2 functions. I'm sure they'll serve some purpose that I haven't picked up on yet but being able to hear what every goon is thinking or saying at all times can get annoying, would rather have a bit more music while moving around. No big deals just minor stuff I noticed. It still has a long time to really win me over which I don't doubt it will.

BF3: I bought the game with a really good idea of what it would be like. But the price was too good and my friends kept pushing me to get it. Its similar to Counter Strike back in the day and CoD. Those games really aren't my cup of tea and I think BF3 will not do much to change that. I won't give up on it yet but I think at the end of the day I may end up trading it in at Gamestop and picking up Skyrim with the credit.

I'm pretty stoked to have my Xbox back now that my school semester is ending and I'll be able to pack in some hours, I got quite a few list of games to go through(nowhere near as big as MOTH's though) and hopefully I don't get disappointed by any of them.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 12-13-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ha. Yeah, I have too many games for my own good and very little time to play them. I was hoping to be done with Castlevania by now, but I'm not even close.

It's a very good game, but again...too long for the gameplay style, imo. I've enjoyed it, but I kind of just want it to end, and I just started disc 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ha. Yeah, I have too many games for my own good and very little time to play them. I was hoping to be done with Castlevania by now, but I'm not even close.

It's a very good game, but again...too long for the gameplay style, imo. I've enjoyed it, but I kind of just want it to end, and I just started disc 2.
My pile of shame is shamefully high at the moment :( I was hoping to get a lot of it done but between work and Skyrim, I haven't played a single game on my pile. Splinter Cell Conviction, Brutal Legend etc will have to wait :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

microsoft is terrible at updating their pages on xbox live. I didn't even realize youtube was out yet because its still under "coming soon" on the apps page. Just clicked on a stupid cartoon looking guy on one of the main windows and it downloaded youtube app for me. Sci-fi channel(I will never say Syfy) app is also out but is a little bit barebones.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It was a heck of a lot better than Arkham Asylum was and a very strong title. I still think both of those games are more than a little bit overhyped though. If you were to take out Batman and have it stand on it's own merits, I'm really not sure it's so critically revered. Maybe it's just because I really don't care about Batman all that much(or comicbook type heroes in general), but I just don't understand the Game of the Year type hype it's getting. The actual gameplay is just so basic and not particularly polished or gratifying either.
I'm curious to hear what games you think have superior gameplay? I thought the variation in gameplay (gliding with boost, combat using special moves and gadgets, stealth rooms, etc) was much more than most games. It is similar to Assassins creed which is a great game, but Batman does everything better from travel to combat.

It seems most other games are either shooters (which is as basic as there is) or rpgs (which also usually have very basic combat). And then there are great games like RDR and LA Noire where the gameplay takes a backseat to everything else and is so shallow.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah not really sure how you can bash Batmans combat when there aren't many other action games out right now that have better fighting mechanics. God of war is universally loved and those are like the easiest combat mechanics ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one makes complected systems anymore for the sole purpose to appeal to a more massive audience. You think little kids and people that don't have patience would want to play a game where, you have to wait, slide/dodge, block and attack at the right time?

They used to have it where you can pick the complex system or the simple button masher. But thats to much work. Even AC isn't that complex, once in a while you have to block but other than that keep tapping attack and aim in a direction/lock on.

Also why RPGs aren't as deep and story driven, there are a few but not as many as before. We have a ton of shooters more than ever before.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I disagree that Batman has better gameplay than Assassin's Creed, first off. The variety of weapons and ways to do things in that game give it a lot more life than "press X a few times and then Y". The gliding is pretty gratifying in Arkham City and really compliments the larger sense of scale in the game. In the end though, that's just something you do to get from place to place and not really a part of the core mechanics.

It's all just very simple. I don't get a great sense of control when playing it, it feels like you're watching things play out as opposed to actually engaging in them. Do you want to kick the guy instead of throwing a punch? Can't do that without triggering an animation you don't have control of. Do you want to grab him? Can't do that either. Blocking? Nope. It's just all very passive. The gadgets are a nice touch in certain situations, but I found myself not needing to use them at all or not finding it worth doing more than once as a "hey that was pretty neat" type of deal.

As far as games that have superior gameplay goes, there's plenty. Look at pretty much all the top flight action games out there today and put Batman below that. Within the past few years(and many more in this console gen), I would put Batman near the bottom of the of the barrel as far combat mechanics go. Really, take your pick of any of them basically. Arkham City does plenty better than those some of those other games do and production values tend to lead to high review scores...but purely from an action standpoint, it's boring. It sort of has to be since they're working within the context of a license and one that isn't allowed to have mechanics as outlandish as some other titles are allowed to have, but it still just doesn't do much for me. To make a Batman game have compelling combat, they certainly would have had to do more with less...I just don't think that they were able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah not really sure how you can bash Batmans combat when there aren't many other action games out right now that have better fighting mechanics. God of war is universally loved and those are like the easiest combat mechanics ever.
Wouldn't say God of War is the "easiest" ever. I'm actually not all that big on God of War(for reasons aside from gameplay), but the mechanics in that game allow you to do some pretty intricate, fun stuff. There's a variety of ways to play and mix up the game too with the weapon and upgrade system. As I said before, God of War has the advantage of working without the restrictions that Batman has to deal with too, so they deserve a break on that...but meh.

Honestly not trying to hate on the game or anything. I get why people like it. I enjoyed it myself, even. As I said before, I think people give a pass to parts of the game that are less than stellar due to the Batman factor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-13-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Look at pretty much all the top flight action games out there today and put Batman below that. "

but you havent named any. Are you talking about Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Call of Duty 1-99, all the exact same shooting mechanics that have been done to death over the last 5 years.

i havent played Dark Souls but thats supposed to be difficult with complex combat so thats one but what else?