Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Griffin or Luck?
Griffin 7 10.14%
Luck 62 89.86%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this is easy.. it's Luck every time. RG3 has a lot of momentum right now, but he isn't in the same league as Andrew Luck.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII vs. Barkley would be a much better question, even though I think that's a relatively easy one too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
RGIII vs. Barkley would be a much better question, even though I think that's a relatively easy one too.
I haven't seen anyone on the "RGIII easily" side of this debate, but I notice you really like him, so I'm assuming you'd take him over Barkley here?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it weird that I think Griffin will have a better on and off field resume(which says a lot) and will look better at the combine, but I'd still take Luck easily?

Weird right? These guys have amazing off the field resumes.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I haven't seen anyone on the "RGIII easily" side of this debate, but I notice you really like him, so I'm assuming you'd take him over Barkley here?
Absolutely. I suppose it isn't as easy for everyone, but based on what I've seen from the two of them, it's a fairly easy decision for me. I really like both of them, but the potential ceiling for Griffin is much higher than Barkley...and their floors are a lot closer than people realize as well. I like Griffin's intangibles a lot better too, although those certainly aren't a problem for Barkley either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

It's hard to envision a guy that has huge upside, a great head on his shoulders, and outstanding work ethic being a failure. Not everyone will hit their max, but I can't see Griffin not being very good, with game breaking potential.

I don't think Barkley has that type of upside, and I don't see anything he does ridiculously well.... I dunno, I wasn't a fan of Sanchez coming out, and I like Barkley a little more.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both guys will be Great in the NFL but I see Luck as a Potential HOF while I see Griffin as a Guy who will be a Pro Bowler almost every year and a All Pro every other year. I Hope both play for the Next 15 Years.
dannyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I think both guys will be Great in the NFL but I see Luck as a Potential HOF while I see Griffin as a Guy who will be a Pro Bowler almost every year and a All Pro every other year. I Hope both play for the Next 15 Years.
A perennial Pro Bowler and All Pro QB sounds like a HoF QB to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck and it isn't even close.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
A perennial Pro Bowler and All Pro QB sounds like a HoF QB to me.
I agree, me too.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is talented, but I don't see him as off the charts in NFL terms. He's a good athlete and throws some nice passes, but he isn't 'off the charts'. Not that a QB needs to be an elite talent to be an elite NFL QB.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think RGIII is being severely underrated as a passer, his ability to throw with pinpoint accuracy short, intermediate and long.

That ability for Griffin IS elite IMO.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Griffin is talented, but I don't see him as off the charts in NFL terms. He's a good athlete and throws some nice passes, but he isn't 'off the charts'. Not that a QB needs to be an elite talent to be an elite NFL QB.
I hope this is just a bad joke. Griffin arguably throws the prettiest deep ball in college football, he has elite athleticism, he's very, very intelligent and a respected leader who works very hard. Basically, he's everything you look for and more. Now, he is a bit short. But that shouldn't hold him back in the NFL imo. There are lots of 6'2" QBs who has done very well in the NFL and since his height is about the only knock on him your statement is 100% false. Griffin is "off the charts" and I would rather have him than Luck. There, I said it. Griffin is extremely accurate and makes very few mistakes - probably the two most important things when assessing a QB prospect. I was down on him before this season, but not any more. I think he'll end up a better player than Luck, which doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be a better traditional QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW I was expecting 85/15 and it's currently 90/10

If the media tries to paint this as a real debate as we go through the offseason I'll put up another poll the month of the draft. Would not be surprised if that one trends to 75/25. Just the nature of the draft

And for soybean - I personally think there's a much better chance Barkley goes above Griffin than Griffin above Luck. And that's pretty much where I fall in terms of opinion of the 3 guys as QBs, too. Luck is the clear #1, Barkley is good but his ceiling is limited imo and Griffin is the new ***** but sometimes the new ***** turns out to be Ryan Leaf
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

No_ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RG3 is definitely the 3rd quarterback to me (unless Tyler Wilson declares). I don't think it is a debate between him and Luck. I'd take Barkley any day over Luck though.
No_ is offline   Reply With Quote