Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Where Is My God Damn Trophy!?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
No, we established this a while ago. You can't lose players off your minor league team just because we didn't add them when they were a September call-up.
Ok I didn't remember reading that. thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty happy finishing 3rd in my first year. A couple more additions and hopefully I can make it closer next year. The trade BF and I made early in the year was pretty much a wash. Martinez has 450 points coming into tonight and Andrus had 440. I gave him Drabek also who I thought would bust and I was correct. He dropped him anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Verlander and Weaver .... wheeeeeee
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't drop Drabek, he's on my minor league team. Also, you traded me a pick which I used on Russel Martin.

But if you like your end that's great.

Here's your trophy Xio:

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I didn't drop Drabek, he's on my minor league team. Also, you traded me a pick which I used on Russel Martin.

But if you like your end that's great.

Here's your trophy Xio:

Well I just thought in the end it was pretty much a wash for this year. Excellent pick with Martin but I drafted Hardy who had 70 more points than him. Like I said I thought it worked out well for both of us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It's ******* beautiful. What does my trophy from last year look like? I forget ...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Is that your pet name for me?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Whoever has the #1 pick is lucky.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm not sure what to do with this league. I'm open to suggestions.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I would not be opposed to starting a new league from scratch. I'm keeping my league going (Year 8). This one is less competitive ... you know, cause I've destroyed you bitches two years in a row.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If we started from scratch, or even if we didn't, I'd like to make some changes. Namely how players are acquired and how to handle league switches.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would say to just make the league changes and not start from scratch, but if you want to go with a major face lift to the teams, then just cut down on keepers a lot for this year, like just a few MLB keepers and like 1 minor league keeper per team.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can we do Roto?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Don't you think that makes the value of closers too inflated? I'd be ok with it if we had auction, but not waiver system. The ability to swoop in on your iphone is a bs way to win fantasy leagues.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't have an iPhone ..
Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm up for anything. I had a good time in the league though as is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I don't have an iPhone ..
I didn't mean you as in "you"

(I meant it as in D-Unit) ;)

Old 12-13-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't mean you as in "you"

(I meant it as in D-Unit) ;)
I'm the guy who has all fantasy sports blocked at work.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-13-2011 at 04:07 AM.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Personally, I would say to just make the league changes and not start from scratch, but if you want to go with a major face lift to the teams, then just cut down on keepers a lot for this year, like just a few MLB keepers and like 1 minor league keeper per team.
I agree. Cut the keepers down from 12... maybe 8 is a nice number. 1 keeper too.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok but if we're going to do that I think we should start over. I hate starting over but I don't like how convoluted the FA system has gotten. I need to do some more research on successul AL-only auction leagues.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I want the new trophy named after me to commemorate my dominance of this ****.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

"The Xio award for most excellent display of cocky douchebagery"

Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
"The Xio award for most excellent display of cocky douchebagery"
Take my name off it and people could confuse it with an award for D-Unit. Needs to be more personalized.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

"non-Hawaiian display of cocky douchebagery"