Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting to 6 teams an option? I'd be willing to step out if that's what you want to do, but I'd play if you want me back. Probably puts the talent pool in a more favorable state.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather keep it at 8 with points. I just don't like how convoluted the FA system has become; I need to simplify it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe how terrible Brian Matusz was last year. Good god.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't cut to 8 teams. I thought the roster construction was fine this year. Just knock down the number of keepers to like 8 or 9.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's already at 8, do you mean less than 8?

Old 12-13-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's already at 8, do you mean less than 8?
I thought it was higher. In that case, keep it at 8.

OR blow up the league!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Take my name off it and people could confuse it with an award for D-Unit. Needs to be more personalized.
Oh please. Seriously??? Are you that blind? Let's have a vote from the guys.

Who acts more cocky when they win (and hell even before they win)? Xio or me?

If I say anything it's usually in a passive way. You love to talk crap any chance you get.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok but if we're going to do that I think we should start over. I hate starting over but I don't like how convoluted the FA system has gotten. I need to do some more research on successul AL-only auction leagues.
Nah, I think if we cut down the keepers from 12 to 8, then the pool gets replenished fine. We could even cut it down further if you want. But starting over is too drastic. We've been preaching this a keeper league since the start and so many decisions have been made because of it already.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh please. Seriously??? Are you that blind? Let's have a vote from the guys.

Who acts more cocky when they win (and hell even before they win)? Xio or me?

If I say anything it's usually in a passive way. You love to talk crap any chance you get.
I wish you understood hyperbole.

It's the most important concept in the world to be able to detect. IN THE WORLD, D!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like everyone in this league. Not sure if Charm is around much anymore, but I'm not interested in replacing anyone.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you guys just want to cut down on the keepers that's fine. I structured by team for more keepers but I don't really care.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wish you understood hyperbole.

It's the most important concept in the world to be able to detect. IN THE WORLD, D!
Not when it comes to you. Whether serious or light, your tone is the same. Makes it hard to figure out what to take out of it.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you guys just want to cut down on the keepers that's fine. I structured by team for more keepers but I don't really care.
I'd be fine with either keeping 12 or going with fewer, I just suggested cutting down instead of starting over. I'd say to just make whatever changes you want to make with input from the rest of the league, and not worry about starting over.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Not when it comes to you. Whether serious or light, your tone is the same. Makes it hard to figure out what to take out of it.
So basically I've done what I intended. Keep you folks off balanced.

******* DEAL WITH IT!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We can cut it down to 8 majors 2 minors, I'm fine with that. Losing Papelbon will net me a decent chunk of cash, and my 9-12 guys are nothing to cry over losing.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just let the minor league guys be on the major league rosters. That's the part that's a *****.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked having seperate minor league rosters. That was sort of the fun for me in this league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just let the minor league guys be on the major league rosters. That's the part that's a *****.
I agree. We just have to have a penalty for guys who use the intended minor league spot on a major league player. The extra spots on the fantasy roster can only be used on minors.

If we do that.... Next question. Are the minors going to be limited to just the guys in the ESPN system?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
If we do that.... Next question. Are the minors going to be limited to just the guys in the ESPN system?
That's the reason I created the separate system in the first place. I don't want to limit the availability of players.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's the reason I created the separate system in the first place. I don't want to limit the availability of players.
Oh alright. Makes sense.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Between Pujols, Darvish and Fielder this year's draft is gonna be funktafied!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Between Pujols, Darvish and Fielder this year's draft is gonna be funktafied!
You forgot Yuniesky Betancourt.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You forgot Yuniesky Betancourt.
Oh my! How could I have forgotton??? You'll be lucky if he reaches you.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Oh my! How could I have forgotton??? You'll be lucky if he reaches you.
I'm taking Octavio Dotel in the first round. Closer insurance for Valverde and Benoit that I already have.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

So, we're going with 8 major leaguers and 2 minor leaguers? I believe I'd have the 2nd pick, then

1) Eric Hosmer
2) Robinson Cano
3) Humber or League
4) Ben Zobrist
5) Andrew Bailey
6) Brett Anderson
7) Jordan Walden
8) if Lawrie needs to be on ML roster, then Lawrie. If not, Ortiz I guess? Tough to give up on Smoak but I didn't like what I saw last year. We'll see.

Minors
1) Mike Montgomery
2) Brett Lawrie

or

1) Mike Montgomery
2) ??? or Raunado (probably drop him though)

All of that is pending, of course.