Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This story is driven by the Nets. They lost out on Nene and now they fear losing Deron if they can't get Howard. The Magic are holding onto Howard for now and thats frustrating the Nets because they don't want to make moves until they get Howard. Well, it looks like they are going to have to because Orlando isn't taking any deal from them unless they get other teams involved and give up a ransom. This one isn't a ransom. This one is just a panic driven story from the Nets side that probably has some truth to it, but far from anything solid that Orlando would actually take.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This story is driven by the Nets. They lost out on Nene and now they fear losing Deron if they can't get Howard. The Magic are holding onto Howard for now and thats frustrating the Nets because they don't want to make moves until they get Howard. Well, it looks like they are going to have to because Orlando isn't taking any deal from them unless they get other teams involved and give up a ransom. This one isn't a ransom. This one is just a panic driven story from the Nets side that probably has some truth to it, but far from anything solid that Orlando would actually take.
I agree with D. The Nets struck out in free agency and gave up Favors and the pick that became Enes Kantor to get D-Will, who may very well leave now that there are no other pieces in Jersey. Looks like they may have been better off keeping Favors and the pick in the first place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at this point I'm thinking it's not gonna happen, we need to build pieces to grab maybe an 8 seed this year and work next year in FA to convince DWill to stay. I wanna grab a guy like Landry and bring back humphries for a year or something and move on from there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I agree with D. The Nets struck out in free agency and gave up Favors and the pick that became Enes Kantor to get D-Will, who may very well leave now that there are no other pieces in Jersey. Looks like they may have been better off keeping Favors and the pick in the first place.
eh, maybe, maybe not. Moving to Brooklyn the Nets needed to make a major splash and major move and that's what we did. And while I like Favors Kantor is well...idk, I'm not a fan of his at all. If we don't make that move, we're just stuck in mediocrity hoping they both develop while now we're in a possible position to have the best players at their respective positions. Again, I don't think it's Dwight or bust to keep D-Will. We'll just have to see how it all plays out. Regardless, we need a god damn PF.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't find a fantasy basketball thread, how does my team look for a 12 team 9 cat league. It is my 1st year doing fantasy basketball

PG D-Will
SG- Eric Gordon
G John Wall
SF Danillo Gallinari
PF Pau Gasol
F Paul Milsap
C Greg Monroe
C Chuck Hayes
Util Jared Dudley
Util Mo Williams
BN AK47
BN Chase Budinger
BN Ricky Rubio

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Pistons are offering 5 years/$40-45 Million to Stuckey and he's not taking it. I'm glad.. but apparently they're seeking Sign & Trade options and Dumars says he won't agree to one.. for whatever reason.

I really hope Stuckey goes somewhere else.. anywhere else

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Wojnawrowski: Magic decided to take Dwight Howard off market, ending talks with Nets and the rest of his NBA suitors for now, league sources tell Y!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo...suck on it NBA. Is Tyson Chandler now the most exciting change?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is going to walk in the summer, I'm glad Mavericks made some room to go after someone this summer.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

******* a. whatever. bring in some average power forwards and let's limp on through this season and see what next offseason or the trade deadline, brings.

Bring Hump back for a year, bring in Carl Landry, roll with this lineup:

Dwill/Farmar
Morrow/Brooks
James/Outlaw
Humphries/Landry
Bropez/Petro
Quote:
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Per Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks.
If they were all New Jersey's 1st rounders, it might not have been that great of a deal. Orlando would have got the increasingly mediocre Lopez and a bunch of mediocre draft picks when the Nets started consistently making the playoffs with Howard and Williams. The only way that would have turned out well is if both Howard and Williams took off after this year, making it potentially the funniest trade in the history of trades. ****, I want to see that happen.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...rn=nba-wp11788

wtf?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, I saw that... I don't know what to make of it. Not sure if it'll make him better or worse.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We got a fantasy basketball league on this forum that is open to all.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...42#post2788942

Anyone interested, just post in that thread.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I've always thought of Kendrick as a ZBO (Zach Randolph) Jr. Except now he looks like Bruce Bowen.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nets Insider

@NYDNInterNets Stefan Bondy
Here's another option that I'm sure Nets fans don't want to hear, but has to be brought up if it becomes clear they can't land Howard. ...

@NYDNInterNets Stefan Bondy
They trade Deron Williams.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, I saw that... I don't know what to make of it. Not sure if it'll make him better or worse.
...I have to admit I don't quite get that.

I can't really think of a player in Basketball who was actually better when fatter as opposed to skinnier. I mean, the physical aspects of basketball benefit mobility more than strength, right? And less girth allows for greater stamina usually, right?

...so how exactly would this be bad? Does it look like he lost 32 pounds of pure muscle?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

We'll see when he's on the block during his first game. if they can push him out then he'll be wishing he had the added bulk. I hope it was all fat...and frankly it looks like he was on the crack diet.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-14-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
...I have to admit I don't quite get that.

I can't really think of a player in Basketball who was actually better when fatter as opposed to skinnier. I mean, the physical aspects of basketball benefit mobility more than strength, right? And less girth allows for greater stamina usually, right?

...so how exactly would this be bad? Does it look like he lost 32 pounds of pure muscle?
Strength is a huge benefit when you're a center. He has to be inside and be pounding it out. Being too small can make it easier for him to get pushed around.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt want Gerald Wallace in a trade anyway.

Otis Smith said they're still open to exploring trades, though. Seems like Lakers or bust, really. And they dont want to part with Bynum and Gasol.

As of right now, I think Dwight will stay. But I'm okay with whatever, I just want a resolution.

And the Nuggets are after Earl Clark, dammit. Otis you bastard, sign em up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny 1st rounder for Paul and two 1st rounders.

Done deal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a large chance that pick is going to be number 1. But they gotta do whatever it takes to keep blake griffin.

Kind of sucks cause I really liked Gordon, but Chris Paul is a different animal.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CP3 to Griffen will be fun to watch

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny 1st rounder for Paul and two 1st rounders.

Done deal.
@ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN sources: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle. Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minnesota pick to Hornets

Thrilled to see Paul to the Clippers rather than the Lakers. But sad at the same time because that might mean Dwight to the Lakers.... :(