Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
losing to Michigan every year in the '90s. Cooper won a lot of games and actually got us a Rose Bowl, but he could not freakin' beat Michigan. Most teams would take going to the Rose, Citrus, or Sugar Bowl every year though as their "most depressing era."
My point exactly, people always act like it was a successful era, but really it was just enough every year to keep from getting canned.
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post


This did it for me SMH
People still believe this wasn't PI ay? hahaha I thought most people were over that **** by now.
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northampton, PA
Posts: 10,004
Reputation: 2630287
Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Penn State - Right now.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Land Down Under
Posts: 4,849
Reputation: 2665188
RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Besides Rich Rod.....

Armanti Edwards and Dennis Dixon...ugh, that kind of sucked.

2004-2010 sucked for one reason.

By hey, we beat Tebow in a bowl game, that's got to count for something.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 8-1-8 SFV
Posts: 4,547
Reputation: 429666
BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default



Paul....Hackett
__________________
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
People still believe this wasn't PI ay? hahaha I thought most people were over that **** by now.
I have absolutely no dog in this fight, but that 100% was not pass interference.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 1,292
Reputation: 9872
dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default



He did get Suh to come here though.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,661
Reputation: 1846834
phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

As a Pitt fan...

Probably today.

The last 13 months in general. 4 coaches in 13 months. Wow.
__________________
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I have absolutely no dog in this fight, but that 100% was not pass interference.
Og god here we go... Having debated this many times... go back and watch the replay. Sharpe clearly hooks Gamble with his right hand before the ball reaches Gamble.

Regardless of how many times people want to claim conspiracy theory or bad call because Terry Porter signaled holding before motioning for PI, the guy gave the wrong signal but the call was made to the letter of the rule.

The fact is that if Miami had stopped them on the ensuing 4 downs they would have won but they didn't, and thus it really doesn't matter.
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,098
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Og god here we go... Having debated this many times... go back and watch the replay. Sharpe clearly hooks Gamble with his right hand before the ball reaches Gamble.

Regardless of how many times people want to claim conspiracy theory or bad call because Terry Porter signaled holding before motioning for PI, the guy gave the wrong signal but the call was made to the letter of the rule.

The fact is that if Miami had stopped them on the ensuing 4 downs they would have won but they didn't, and thus it really doesn't matter.
Referee magazine said it was one of the greatest ref calls of all time. No kidding.

Also, if it had been officiated properly, the game wouldn't have made it to overtime anyways as OSU would have run out the clock on a first down that was called incomplete late in regulation.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Og god here we go... Having debated this many times... go back and watch the replay. Sharpe clearly hooks Gamble with his right hand before the ball reaches Gamble.

Regardless of how many times people want to claim conspiracy theory or bad call because Terry Porter signaled holding before motioning for PI, the guy gave the wrong signal but the call was made to the letter of the rule.

The fact is that if Miami had stopped them on the ensuing 4 downs they would have won but they didn't, and thus it really doesn't matter.
Like I said I don't have a dog in this fight and really don't want to go back and forth debating with you. IMO no other referee would EVER have made that call. I can possibly see holding, but again no other ref would make that call in that situation. Everything was so incidental, and Gamble never really was "interfered" with. The hand that supposedly hooked Gamble was invisible to that ref anyways. From my viewpoint Gamble had a great shot at the ball, Sharpe broke it up, and Miami should have won.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Like I said I don't have a dog in this fight and really don't want to go back and forth debating with you. IMO no other referee would EVER have made that call. I can possibly see holding, but again no other ref would make that call in that situation.
Are you INSANE? We see worse PI calls EVERY week at all levels.

Quote:
Everything was so incidental, and Gamble never really was "interfered" with. The hand that supposedly hooked Gamble was invisible to that ref anyways.
So you were standing over the refs shoulder and knew what he saw? Or is this some magic bullet theory? CLEARLY HE COULDN'T SEE IT. IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY

Quote:
From my viewpoint Gamble had a great shot at the ball, Sharpe broke it up, and Miami should have won.
Would you be speaking of your viewpoint standing over the refs shoulder or where you watching it on TV like everyone else?

It doesn't matter that Gamble had a shot at the ball, in fact thats what makes it PI. If it was 10 feet over his head Sharpe could have tackled the **** out of him.

The fact is that Sharpe hooked his hip, refs look for certain things when your playing the receiver and one of the most clear ways to call it is if the defender hooks the receiver. It doesn't matter if Gamble could have gotten it anyways or if YOU claim the ref couldn't see it, the fact is that the call was made right, the game played out after the call and Ohio State won.
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,779
Reputation: 303889
keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default



/discussion. can we get over this. people who know about refereeing have said that in hindsight the call was correct. can we not discuss this for the 1000th time since I've been on this board? we have established that it is not in the nature of miami fans to admit the call was right and vice versa with Ohio State fans.
__________________
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post


/discussion. can we get over this. people who know about refereeing have said that in hindsight the call was correct. can we not discuss this for the 1000th time since I've been on this board?
Thank you haha I have a friend who is a raging Miami fan who brings it up at least 3 times a season... never admits that it was the right call... that bastard
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Are you INSANE? We see worse PI calls EVERY week at all levels.



So you were standing over the refs shoulder and knew what he saw? Or is this some magic bullet theory? CLEARLY HE COULDN'T SEE IT. IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY



Would you be speaking of your viewpoint standing over the refs shoulder or where you watching it on TV like everyone else?

It doesn't matter that Gamble had a shot at the ball, in fact thats what makes it PI. If it was 10 feet over his head Sharpe could have tackled the **** out of him.

The fact is that Sharpe hooked his hip, refs look for certain things when your playing the receiver and one of the most clear ways to call it is if the defender hooks the receiver. It doesn't matter if Gamble could have gotten it anyways or if YOU claim the ref couldn't see it, the fact is that the call was made right, the game played out after the call and Ohio State won.
Dial the homer back bro and chill TFO. My point was that it was the deciding play in the national championship game. Most referees wouldn't call a ticky-tack (by any measure) pass interference penalty on that play. Yes we worse calls on a regular basis, but considering the nature of the play it's a downright ridiculous call to make.

It was my mistake on the flag, I thought the line judge threw it, but it was the back judge so I guess that point is moot. However, Sharpe got his head around, was playing the ball and Gamble straight up alligator armed the pass. The play was so incidental.

If this happened to OSU you'd be here arguing until you were blue in the face that this was a terrible call. It's the same thing with being a fan of the Pats and having the "Tuck Rule" situation happen, yes it was a fumble. The game turned out the way it did, but don't disparage Miami fans because YES they got screwed. Be happy about it and move on.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
/discussion. can we get over this. people who know about refereeing have said that in hindsight the call was correct. can we not discuss this for the 1000th time since I've been on this board? we have established that it is not in the nature of miami fans to admit the call was right and vice versa with Ohio State fans.
Ok I'm done, I don't really care enough. I guess we'll believe what we want to believe. It's really a matter of opinion. If that gets called then there should be about 4x the amount of calls in football. There is some basis for a call, but it shouldn't have been made.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Anger in the face of being wrong, thats original...

So your point is that because it was the last play in a MAJOR game, the rules shouldnt be called to the rule, the way it should be all season? Okay, good point bro.

Your assuming im saying this because im a fan of OSU, that im a homer because it was the right call? Another great point.

Logic and rules be damned! Miami clearly should have won
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,737
Reputation: 2531212
killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Every year is IU's most depressing year. In football anyway.
__________________

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Anger in the face of being wrong, thats original...

So your point is that because it was the last play in a MAJOR game, the rules shouldnt be called to the rule, the way it should be all season? Okay, good point bro.

Your assuming im saying this because im a fan of OSU, that im a homer because it was the right call? Another great point.

Logic and rules be damned! Miami clearly should have won
No, your entire point is that there was contact on a fade route inside 5 yards. If you think that is pass interference I'd like to show you every fade route in the past 10 years. Sharpe played him perfectly, he bumped him and allowed him to release to the outside. While the ball was in the air Gamble tried to cut across Sharpe who hadn't flipped his hips yet, contact was drawn which was incidental, and eventually Gamble got himself into a good enough position to make a play on the ball, he didn't make it.

Like any rule pass interference is admittedly vague. Since it is vague there are notable exemptions in situations that need to be taken into account. There is going to be contact with the ball in the air within 5 yards of the goal line on a fade route. A corner can't play off coverage because he's opening himself up to the slant, but at the same time the ball is almost immediately in the air. Referees need to consider the nature of the rule, because written rules aren't perfect. It's the same reason why Tom Brady fumbled even though his arm was going forward. Sharpe played that about as well as he could have in that situation, and there was contact that was pretty much unavoidable considering the nature of the play. In the end just let them play. Gamble had a chance at a ball that he probably should have had, but he couldn't come up with it. Let that be the end of it, there isn't a need to over ref a situation that didn't need it.

It was the national championship, and they threw a flag on contact that happens every time teams run that play. Miami fans should be upset, because they were in a sense the exemption to the unwritten rule. If fades were called the way that one is, why not just give teams 7 points every time they're within 10 yards because there is no way to not get a flag.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-15-2011 at 12:57 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Your just being ridiculous now. Whatever you want to say, sharpe hooked gambles hip. Yes, PI is vague but certain things will get it called every time and hooking is one of them.

Furthermore the best way to defend the back corner fade is to reroute the receiver at the LOS causing him to start further outside than he wants giving the QB a smaller window to throw into and the receiver less room to work with, then positioning yourself in between the receiver and the ball then timing your jump to get your hand in between the receivers and break it up. Sharpe played it less than perfect, was on the wrong side of the receicer and drew the PI with a hook
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,782
Reputation: 180000
Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Sorry stupid phone cut me off...

With Sharpes positioning, if Gamble had caught the ball and Sharpe tried to break it up he would have been playing through the body of the receiver, another PI call
__________________

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Your just being ridiculous now. Whatever you want to say, sharpe hooked gambles hip. Yes, PI is vague but certain things will get it called every time and hooking is one of them.

Furthermore the best way to defend the back corner fade is to reroute the receiver at the LOS causing him to start further outside than he wants giving the QB a smaller window to throw into and the receiver less room to work with, then positioning yourself in between the receiver and the ball then timing your jump to get your hand in between the receivers and break it up. Sharpe played it less than perfect, was on the wrong side of the receicer and drew the PI with a hook


watch from 1:45

Watch how the play starts, Sharpe did exactly that, Gamble releases to the outside, and tries to cut across and get inside positioning because the QB had to throw it sooner than he wanted to. The thing is when Gamble tried to cut across he used his left arm to club Sharpe's shoulder. This made him lose his positioning, in a sense there was contact initiated by Gamble.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,098
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post


watch from 1:45

Watch how the play starts, Sharpe did exactly that, Gamble releases to the outside, and tries to cut across and get inside positioning because the QB had to throw it sooner than he wanted to. The thing is when Gamble tried to cut across he used his left arm to club Sharpe's shoulder. This made him lose his positioning, in a sense there was contact initiated by Gamble.
I'll take an association of professional referees position over yours.

I.e. you are wrong.

In the age before coaches' challenges and referee reviews were included within the NCAA rules, the call was subsequently validated by the National Association of Sports Officials,[13] and was also selected by Referee Magazine as one of the "Best 18 Calls of All Time."[14]
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,394
Reputation: 2073969
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'll take an association of professional referees position over yours.

I.e. you are wrong.

In the age before coaches' challenges and referee reviews were included within the NCAA rules, the call was subsequently validated by the National Association of Sports Officials,[13] and was also selected by Referee Magazine as one of the "Best 18 Calls of All Time."[14]
Not that I don't love a reference from wikipedia about a magazine that you had never heard of before you needed it to support your argument, but the call is still questionable. If you look at the calls in that magazine they're all big time situations, which significantly narrows down the playing field. It's like how there are 100 schools in the Bloomberg Business Week top 100, but only 117 apply. You can say you have a top 100 business school in the country if your school ranks at 75, but really you're 75/117 and half the people ranking your school may have thought it sucked. If you look at the way the sampling was taken they ask about certain plays in particular stating: "In addition to being verifiably correct, the calls were selected based on prominence, difficulty, the stage on which they were made and their impact." meaning even if 40% of the refs polled thought they made the wrong call it still could have possibly made it into the magazine.

Not to mention that these are the same guys who defend the tuck rule and the Calvin Johnson play. They defend their own. It can be used as a piece of evidence to your argument, but it's in no way an end all to the debate.

The crux of the argument is that the interference occurred before the ball got there. That picture posted above isn't accurate because it shows a screenshot immediately after Gamble's blatant club to Sharpe. Before the ball got there Gamble had no route to the ball so with Sharpe on his inside hip he pushed Sharpe's shoulder and secured inside positioning. Sharpe, being unwilling to give up his positioning, stopped his momentum and held fast against Gamble. Any contact past that point was from a result of the club, and for the most part wasn't unreasonable. Sharpe made an effort to get his head around and play the ball. Gamble had a clear shot at it and didn't make the play. Given the nature of the play (National Championship-officials generally call less penalties towards the end of close games), the situation (fade route- officials are generally more lenient with contact), and the fact that Gamble wasn't really an innocent bystander they should have just let the play be.

Honestly most non-Miami/OSU fans are relatively split on this issue, and given the situation that it occurred in there probably shouldn't have been a flag since it's so questionable to begin with. I think the way the play turned out should have been acceptable to everyone. Nobody was completely innocent, yet Gamble had a shot at the catch, but didn't make it. Let the players decide the game on the field.

I can't believe I've spent this much time defending Miami as a BC fan. It's a little sickening to be honest.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

hi, my school invented the ******* sport, and we've never made a BCS game. Stop your complaining.
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.