Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-18-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Tyron is a stud, every play that I saw he displayed good spacing with his feet and usage of his hands to keep defenders walled off. Also did a nice job of shedding lineman and getting up to the second layer of the defense. He completely destroyed one of the LB on a cutback the the right side. I am very excited to see how much he improves with a full year of work in the offseason.
At first the rumors of him moving to left were floating I figured no way right now, but after watching him play he's the LT of the future and one of our best picks in a long time. The guy just turned 21 weeks ago, we could have that position locked down for 13 more years of elite play. He's so powerful and athletic but his great footwork always puts him in prime position.

He's taken his lumps this year but at 21 years old the way he's handled himself I'm excited about his future on the left. Free has gotten better but he just looks like a natural RT, I am extremely happy in hindsight we screwed up massively the year prior to give us a chance to get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think you guys win the division. It's just asking too much to beat the Cowboys twice this year without a defense.

At the end of the day, considering our offenses are about equal, I trust Rob Ryan over Perry Fewell on defense and it's not even close.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still think you guys win the division. It's just asking too much to beat the Cowboys twice this year without a defense.

At the end of the day, considering our offenses are about equal, I trust Rob Ryan over Perry Fewell on defense and it's not even close.
The division may not come down to that game. I think the Giants beat the Skins and Jets, and I have no confidence that we can beat the eagles. That game is about a big a wild card as you can get in the NFL.

If it comes down to New Year's Day, I think it will be another 4th quarter game, and of course that means anything can happen.

Eli just murders us though, so I really can't expect us to pull out the W in the Meadowlands. It will most likely be a dog fight.

This team is on the right track, but they are a few pieces away. We need to hit on an interior OL in free agency, and bolster the defense significantly in the draft. Rob Ryan's poor performances have probably taken him out of top head coaching positions for other teams, so he is probably going to stick around. I don't know if I like that or not, but with some better tools hopefully the defense improves.

Right now, the Giants look more like a playoff team than the Cowboys, but in the NFL things change faster than you can blink. It should be fun to watch at least..
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Week 17 should be exciting, right? It's basically going to be an extra playoff game for the Cowboys and Giants.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The division may not come down to that game. I think the Giants beat the Skins and Jets, and I have no confidence that we can beat the eagles. That game is about a big a wild card as you can get in the NFL.

If it comes down to New Year's Day, I think it will be another 4th quarter game, and of course that means anything can happen.

Eli just murders us though, so I really can't expect us to pull out the W in the Meadowlands. It will most likely be a dog fight.

This team is on the right track, but they are a few pieces away. We need to hit on an interior OL in free agency, and bolster the defense significantly in the draft. Rob Ryan's poor performances have probably taken him out of top head coaching positions for other teams, so he is probably going to stick around. I don't know if I like that or not, but with some better tools hopefully the defense improves.

Right now, the Giants look more like a playoff team than the Cowboys, but in the NFL things change faster than you can blink. It should be fun to watch at least..
Who has said this other than D-Unit? I haven't thought or read that Ryan would be considered for head coaching jobs after this season.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be nice to see the Giants lose today.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an unexpected early Christmas present from the Redskins. Elijah throwing picks all over the field.

First place all alone. yessssssssssirrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Would be nice to see the Giants lose today.
What pisses me about the Giants this year is they could easily be 3-10 right now just as easy as we could be 10-3.

For as beyond unlucky and dumb we have been in losses, the GMen has pulled rabbits out of their hat all year long. Like every win they cam back when trailing?

But looks like no miracles today. 3rd INT of the day by the Redskins. I expect Shanny to run the ball the rest of the way and take it out of Sexy Rexy's hand.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Who has said this other than D-Unit? I haven't thought or read that Ryan would be considered for head coaching jobs after this season.
A lot of people. He was/is expected to be a hot candidate of sorts. And when asked about the opportunity to be the head guy, he says he's more than ready for it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-18-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

REFs trying everything in their power to get the GMen back in the game. My god what two horrid calls.

Always count on Pittsburgh and GMen to get calls from REFs.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
A lot of people. He was/is expected to be a hot candidate of sorts. And when asked about the opportunity to be the head guy, he says he's more than ready for it.
Yea I think this job could have propelled him for interviews easily, his job this year will pump the brakes on that. Which is fine, I liked the hire, still do, give him an off-season here, another draft on defense for some play-makers, and give our D some stability. I really don't like hiring a coordinator, then trying to fire him right away.

Also, anyone know what the next tie breaker is if we beat the Giants in the 2nd game but lose to Philly? So we'd both be 9-7, and split the head to head. I don't think Philly is a cake walk but I also see us losing 1 of the next two games.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wouldnt say that. Rob's a rather prestigious dude with tons of fire and of a great pedigree. His chance will come and it could certainly still happen this next year for sure. There are going to be a bunch of openings and he's been on the waiting list for a while.

edit...and we'd win the division still, if we lose to the Eagles and beat the Giants.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-18-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

He may get his interviews but it'll just be like Jason Garett when he was interviewed. Obviously I don't know but IMO he's not head coach material at this point. He's never, at any point even had an elite defense and has showed up to this point he's a pretty solid coordinator.

If he did get a job it'd be due to the family tree, I like the guy but you've got to show way more consistency as a DC(as would any coordinator on any side of the ball) to be given that type of opportunity.

Alot of us were in disagreement with Jason Garret being a Head Coach and rightfully so, but you couldn't deny where our offense was consistently ranked in the league and the type of yardage we produced week in and out. Rob I'm willing to give a pass for the lack of talent on that side and the lack of an off-season which all the players say communication is terrible.

To me, he hasn't ever shown anything at any point to say he's a Head Coaching candidate. His lack of 2nd half adjustments is a glaring knock on him and even more concerning for a Head Coach.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont necessarily believe he's a great candidate, either. And I know he's had overrated defenses for years...but, it's more of a paying his dues type thing. He's been in the league for 17-18 years or something like that. He has the fiery demeanor that a lot of organizations covet. His brother is seeing good success in NY. His name has been one on the rise...he still has as good as shot as anyone, really. A great season out of our defense would have sealed the deal probably, but his name should still be included in many coaching searches, regardless.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bowen...<3.

Dude has been manhandling people this year. Every week, you hear opposing coaches praising the guy, or expressing their worry of the matchup. I dont know how many hurries he has, but he's gotta be up there, to go along with his 6 sacks. He's worth that contract he got.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-18-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love me some Redskins. We need to handle our business next week and hope for a Jets win.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea I think this job could have propelled him for interviews easily, his job this year will pump the brakes on that. Which is fine, I liked the hire, still do, give him an off-season here, another draft on defense for some play-makers, and give our D some stability. I really don't like hiring a coordinator, then trying to fire him right away.

Also, anyone know what the next tie breaker is if we beat the Giants in the 2nd game but lose to Philly? So we'd both be 9-7, and split the head to head. I don't think Philly is a cake walk but I also see us losing 1 of the next two games.
The second tiebreaker is division record. This loss by the Giants was key, because the 3rd tiebreaker was record versus common opponents, which they had on us. If we'd have lost to the Eagles next week and the Giants won both the Skins and Jets games, I think we'd have been SOL because in that scenario, even if we beat the Giants in week 17, we'd have the same division record but they'd have a better record against common opponents. Now, with a win against the Giants, we'll have a better division record than them and we're on to the playoffs.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I haven't kept up with the media as much as previous years so I didn't realize that he was on teams radar.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if the Iggles beat us next week, are they still in it?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So if the Iggles beat us next week, are they still in it?
Yes.

Cleveland and the Raiders kind of ruined my 4 o'clock games. Unreal.

Other then the GMen, only Detroit has been luckier this year.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles clobbered the Jets on Sunday and still have an outside shot at the NFC East title. They would need to win out, have the Cowboys lose out, and the Giants lose to the Jets. Per DMN...Damn we need to win this game!!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The Eagles clobbered the Jets on Sunday and still have an outside shot at the NFC East title. They would need to win out, have the Cowboys lose out, and the Giants lose to the Jets. Per DMN...Damn we need to win this game!!!
The other issue is that Atl will go 10-6 likely.

Detroit has SD and Green Bay. I smell 10-6 also.

So NFC East won't have a wild card.

That is why today's Detroit game was big. Cardinals too. Both have tie breaker with us unless 3 way.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Only 3 realistic scenarios we get to playoffs IMHO

1) We win both.
2) We lose to Philly and we beat GMen.
3) We beat Philly but lose to GMen and GMen lose to the Jets.

All the other options are almost dead for us when you look at schedule and then the other 6th seeds.

We lose tie breakers to Detroit and ARI and would be for some type of three game tie so that our Conference Record at 9-7 (7-5 Conf.) would win out over ATL/CHI/ARI/SEA/DET.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for everybody:

The Giants/Jets game is at 1 oclock. Ours is a 4. If the Giants beat the Jets, do you rest the starters because the philly game is meaningless?

I don't know what I would do..
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rest the injured & vets....Ware/Rat/Jenkins/Lee/etc, hope for a win and they get out of the game healthy.

Is what I'd do.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote