Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-18-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so confused on what's going on right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you will know next year.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can keep up to 3 players with these restrictions:
  • The sum of the cost of those players cannot exceed $125 combined (Total Draft Budget is $200).
  • The sum of the cost of your keepers will be deducted from your draft budget next year.
  • Once a player is keep 2 years, he will automatically go back into the draft pool. It doesn't matter if is traded. For example, if Blake Griffin is kept once and then is traded, the new owner can only keep him once before he goes back into the draft pool. If he is kept twice and is traded, then the new owner only gets him until the end of the season. This is to ensure the draft pool is refrehsed every 3 years. It also means teams will have to consider whether they want to "clear cap space" for that draft and limit their keepers or not.
OK, so these are the rules for the league.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-19-2011 at 01:33 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can dig it.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm nitpicking but doesn't the first rule make the second rule irrelevant?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah, I can't think of a reason why we need #2.

I think at the time I was writing them up I was overthinking the situation where a guy could trade for a player that would make keeping 2 players worth over the total budget. Like having 2 players on the team that cost $125 each to get.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

Your powers of deduction impress me.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Alright so as long as I get LeBron for $50, Dwight for $45, and Rose for $30, I should be good for this and next year.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha u guys just invited a dude that spent $200 on Pujols this year in D's Fantasy Baseball draft, u ready for this????
Old 12-19-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Haha u guys just invited a dude that spent $200 on Pujols this year in D's Fantasy Baseball draft, u ready for this????
Whatever you spend on a keeper this year will be deducted from your budget next year. ...and if you spend over $125 on a player, then he'll go back into the draft pool next year. So you can't get away with what you did in this league!

I should rename these rules to the "Yoda Rules".

You can keep up to 3 players with these restrictions:
  • The sum of the cost of those players cannot exceed $125 combined (Total Draft Budget is $200).
  • The sum of the cost of your keepers will be deducted from your draft budget next year.
  • Once a player is keep 2 years, he will automatically go back into the draft pool. It doesn't matter if is traded. For example, if Blake Griffin is kept once and then is traded, the new owner can only keep him once before he goes back into the draft pool. If he is kept twice and is traded, then the new owner only gets him until the end of the season. This is to ensure the draft pool is refrehsed every 3 years. It also means teams will have to consider whether they want to "clear cap space" for that draft and limit their keepers or not.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Whatever you spend on a keeper this year will be deducted from your budget next year. ...and if you spend over $125 on a player, then he'll go back into the draft pool next year. So you can't get away with what you did in this league!

I should rename these rules to the "Yoda Rules".
I'd feel so special then....
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the rules
Old 12-19-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i like the rules
Make sure you show up for the draft because you didn't last year.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Make sure you show up for the draft because you didn't last year.
11 eastern is a bit late...ill be there for the early stages
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
11 eastern is a bit late...ill be there for the early stages
That's cool. The good thing about an auction draft is that it can end early if you want. All depends on how you spend your money.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

No one else gets rules named after them! IN ALL OF UR FACES MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I want too many players this year.. still not sure how I want to build my team though.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so quick explain to me the money thing is each player worth a certain amount? This is my first league using this money thing

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
so quick explain to me the money thing is each player worth a certain amount? This is my first league using this money thing
Each team has $200 to spend. There's a draft order but that order is used to determine who nominates a player.

So say I have the #1 Pick and I nominate Blake Griffin.. Everyone that wants him would bid on him.. Whoever wants to spend the most money on him gets him. It's pretty simple.. and it goes pretty fast too.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Ahhh for newbies you're gonna LoVE this drafting method. Basically you have $200 to spend on building your team. So you can get any players you want if you're willing to spend and you have the money.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Somebody get a hold of dirty thirty and tell him to join or we aren't having a draft today
Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Somebody get a hold of dirty thirty and tell him to join or we aren't having a draft today
Wasn't he already in the league?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It says he's in the league.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I be in it pweeze
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It says he's in the league.
His team is, but for some reason he was deleted as an owner..