Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark View Post
I have no love for Matt Cassel but if you honestly think Orton played better today than any game Cassel has had as a Chief I have to seriously question your ability to not be biased against Cassel. Orton played just OK. He forced multiple balls into coverage and was flat out terrible in the red zone. We scored 19 points against a terrible defense with 6 trips into the red zone.

There is no chance Pioli is going to cut ties with Cassel to try and ride someone like Orton who stinks of the same mediocrity that Cassel has. Cassel will be the Chiefs starting QB in 2012. I am not saying I like it but that is how it is going to play out.
Orton can do one important thing that Cassel cannot (or will not) do, and that is go through his progressions. He's more confident with the ball in his hands and he goes through his reads before making a move. Cassel shits himself if his first read is covered. He isn't a starting caliber QB, whereas Orton is borderline.

No one is saying we want Orton to be the long term answer at QB, we're saying he is better than Cassel. And he is.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think if we already had Orton and we were picking up Cassel off of waivers we would find reasons to like Cassel. There is virtually no difference in them. Yes, Cassel gets happy feet under pressure. Orton likes to have 3INT games on horrible throws out of nowhere. I think we agree about matt cassel in general, but i guess on Kyle orton we will just have to disagree.
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The grass is always greener on the other side" runs rampant.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I will believe in Cassel no matter his faults" runs rampant too.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Orton knows how to control and huddle and not ***** after every possession in the face of his HC.

Good team win.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, is there any Chiefs fan that believes in Cassel anymore. There might be some left but I don't know them.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nepg is the only one. He makes endless excuses for him all day long. You'll get used to it.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw when did the NFL impliment the rule that it's ok for OT's to grab Tamba by the neck and hold?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
btw when did the NFL impliment the rule that it's ok for OT's to grab Tamba by the neck and hold?
At some point between Week 2 and 3, I believe. Though I'm pretty sure it happened all last year, too.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say that Brandon Carr needs to get paid and needs to get paid right now...
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Carr and Bowe. They both need to be re-signed before the end of the year, but I'm not sure either will be.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not necessarily complaining, but it is annoying that Barry Richardson finally showed up to play Sunday. His entire issue is mental, but I'm already past waiting for him to put games together like that consistently.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He never will. That is the problem.

Oh, and the fact that he is just flat out awful.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He never will. That is the problem.

Oh, and the fact that he is just flat out awful.
"Flat-out awful"... Not when he's focused like he was Sunday. When he's focused, he's as good as any RT in the NFL... And that's what's always been frustrating (partly because that's what keeps the coaches from yanking him). I'm done playing his game, but he's obviously talented. He's got the size, athleticism, et al. to be a top RT in the NFL, but his head has been ****. I hate saying this, especially about people I don't know personally, but the guy seems extremely weak-minded.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

I don't know why there is doubt about the Chiefs locking up Bowe and Carr. Pioli hasn't let a good young player leave in free agency yet.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark View Post
I don't know why there is doubt about the Chiefs locking up Bowe and Carr. Pioli hasn't let a good young player leave in free agency yet.
He doesn't like negotiating during the season because it can cause a huge distraction. There are a few cases where they can get it done quick, but Carr & Bowe are delicate situations. Carr because they just paid Flowers and Carr has been just as good as Flowers this year. Bowe because he's the best player on the team and they really just want to F-tag him so they can take their time getting the contract right. I'm sure Bowe's agent and Bowe already know he's getting the F-tag...100% sure they've had conversations about it.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
"Flat-out awful"... Not when he's focused like he was Sunday. When he's focused, he's as good as any RT in the NFL... And that's what's always been frustrating (partly because that's what keeps the coaches from yanking him).
WOW...

He had some nice games last year but he was never even close to being one of the better RT's in the NFL.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Barry Richardson is the worst starting RT in the NFL. When he pulls his head out of his ass he's still one of the worst RTs in the NFL. That is it, period.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
WOW...

He had some nice games last year but he was never even close to being one of the better RT's in the NFL.
I felt that he was or could easily be yup there with anyone.

Granted, of course, those moments when he's got his head in the game are few and far between and hasn't been getting better.