Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-20-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Put Culter on my misses bc i thought he would be very good but he's very stupid with decisions, he's in between.
Yeah. I don't get this.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last years draft

Hit: Cam Newton
I was a big Newton fan all last season and was one of the few posters that was saying he was worth a #1 pick. Newton has displayed the raw talent he has and now with the NFL coaching, he is just starting to become the "supastar" he is able to be.

Miss: Aldon Smith
I thought Smith was one of the reaches of the 1st round, but looking back I clearly missed here. Smith has translated to the 3-4 OLB position with ease already have has double digit sack #'s already.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

off the top of my head...

misses (thought they were gonna be good): colt brennan, reggie bush (according to my expectations), taylor mays, matt leinart, chad jackson, brady quinn, ahmad brooks, kai parham, tashard choice, shonn greene

misses (thought they were gonna be bad): matt stafford, clay matthews (not that i thought he was gonna be bad, just not this good)

I'm sure there are a ton more, but i gotta go take a dump.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
off the top of my head...

misses (thought they were gonna be good): ahmad brooks
Pat yourself on the back a little. He's started every game for the NFL's #1 defense.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get a lot better at scouting every year go by, so I don't really count my opinions before 2007 or so (16 y/o).

2003: Didn't like Carson Palmer; though Byron Leftwich was easily the best prospect. Liked Rex Grossman and Jimmy Kennedy. Loved Brandon Lloyd, couldn't understand why he fell so far. Loved Andre Johnson. Thought McGahee was worth a first round pick. Like Eugene Wilson and Andre Woolfolk (I consider Wilson a hit)

2004: Hated Robert Gallery as an OT, Michael Clayton and Kenechi Udeze. Liked all three QB's; ranked them Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers (which is probably the correct ranking to this day, certainly in terms of SB's). LOVED Vince Wilfork. I liked Kevin Jones and Greg Jones as a HB. Thought Will Poole and Joey Thomas would be starting CB's in the league. Wasn't crazy about Tommie Harris.

2005: Considered BMW the best prospect in the draft. Thought Troy Williamson was terrible. Hated Alex Smith, but at this point, he's better than I expected he would be. Thought Kyle Orton was the top QB in the draft and worth a top 10 pick, with Aaron Rodgers only worth a 10-20 pick. Thought Cadillac Williams was the best RB in the draft. Hated Cedric Benson (Not sure if that's a hit or a miss). Liked Shawne Merriman, but didn't really understand the DeMarcus Ware love. Hated Pacman Jones, in part because he was a scumbag (though, he was a much better CB than I thought). Thought Antrel Rolle was a safety. Thought Derrick Johnson was worth a top 5 pick. Thought Justin Miller was worth a first rounder as a CB/KR prospect. LOVED Ernest Shazor. Liked Jammal Brown. Hated David Pollack and Erasmus James.

2006: Loved Bush and Leinart and ranked them #1 and #3, with Mario Williams in between. Liked Vince Young more than Cutler, but I liked both. Hated Tye Hill, Kelly Jennings and Jason Allen. Didn't understand why A.J. Hawk and Vernon Davis were taken so high, but I loved Michael Huff. Big DeAngelo Williams fan. Liked Brandon Marshall as a second round prospect. Though Max Jean-Gilles was a steal.

2007: Thought JaMarcus Russell was over-drafted though I thought he could be okay in a good situation. Thought Brady Quinn was easily the top overall QB, with Trent Edwards and Russell fighting for second. Top 5 prospects were: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Quinn, Darrelle Revis and Amobi Okoye, in that order. Didn't see Jamaal Anderson as a good enough pass rusher to warrant a high pick. Thought Marshawn Lynch was a second round back (I stand by that, though he's awesome when in beast mode). Loved Reggie Nelson, gave him a top 10 grade. Loved Robert Meachem and Greg Olsen. Thought Lamarr Woodley was a stud.

2008: Going by memory, top 5 prospects were: Darren McFadden, Chris Long, Ryan Clady, Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis. So, pretty good. I also liked pretty much every skill position player that turned into a good player. Thought Terrell Thomas was awesome. I disliked Malcolm Kelly and Limas Sweed and hated James Hardy. Thought Josh Morgan, Earl Bennett and Andre Caldwell were nice sleepers. I did love Devin Thomas though. Other guys I liked that suck: Vernon Gholston, Leodis McKelvin, Antoine Cason, Brian Brohm. Rated Matt Ryan in the low 20's (usually where I rank QB's that everyone else likes and I don't, but I keep them in that area to hedge my bets in case I'm missing something).

2009: Thought Stafford was the best QB prospect I ever watched. Had Jason Smith as my #2 prospect with Sanchez #3 (both disappointing). Wasn't sure about Orakpo as an OLB. Liked Crabtree, Nicks, Britt, and Maclin in that order. HATED Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers and Aaron Maybin. Though Malcolm Jenkins could stick at CB. Thought Vontae Davis was a top five pick.

2010: Hated Clausen, liked Bradford. Actually, looking at the first round, nothing stands out as much different from mybig board....thought Rolando McClain, Anthony Davis and Derrick Morgan were overrated. Despised Tebow as a prospect. Loved Kyle Wilson. Loved Gronkowski. Hated Brandon Spikes.

2011: Here's my big board. Looks like I overrated Johnny Patrick. Completely forgot Marcel Dareus, he would have been top 10, probably just ahead of Ponder. Ranked Gabbert to hedge my bets, but I really disliked him. Swear to God, I had DeMarco Murray at #33.

1. Julio Jones
2. Prince Amukamara
3. Cam Newton
4. Nick Fairley
5. A.J. Green
6. Patrick Peterson
7. Christian Ponder
8. Von Miller (as a 4-3 OLB)
9. Aldon Smith
10. Robert Quinn
11. Derrek Sherrod
12. Mike Pouncey
13. Jake Locker
14. Ryan Kerrigan
15. Kyle Rudolph
16. Stephen Paea
17. Johnny Patrick
18. Cameron Jordan
19. Jimmy Smith
20. J.J. Watt
21. Tyron Smith
22. Gabe Carimi
23. Corey Liuget
24. Ryan Mallett
25. Taiwan Jones
26. Mark Ingram
27. Brandon Harris
28. Muhammad Wilkerson
29. Blaine Gabbert
30. Adrian Clayborn
31. Terrell McClain
32. Phil Taylor
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ernest Shazor...now there's a name I haven't seen in a LONG time.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and before anyone asks, no, I do not expect anyone to read all that. But it was fun for me to go back and look at past drafts, so I decided to post it.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Thought he was a top 10 prospect. Not sure why.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Last years draft

Hit: Cam Newton
I was a big Newton fan all last season and was one of the few posters that was saying he was worth a #1 pick. Newton has displayed the raw talent he has and now with the NFL coaching, he is just starting to become the "supastar" he is able to be.

Miss: Aldon Smith
I thought Smith was one of the reaches of the 1st round, but looking back I clearly missed here. Smith has translated to the 3-4 OLB position with ease already have has double digit sack #'s already.
These were my top two hits and misses from this past draft I would say.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like everyone loved Ernest Shazor and Darnell Bing.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Didn't like Bing. Did love Ko Simpson.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I feel like everyone loved Ernest Shazor and Darnell Bing.
Nah, not me.

However, I will always hold a candle for Dwayne Slay.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

My two biggest, most memorable misses were Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington. Though Leftwich is still one of my favorite college players to this day.

My most recent hits (besides no brainers like Megatron and AD) are Mario "workout warrior" Williams and Matt Leinart. I knew Mario was/would be a beast and thought Lineart was terrible with a noodle arm who excelled only because of his absolutely stacked team. I could throw Matt Ryan in too. He really impressed me his senior year playing on an above average team at best.

On a side note, I loved Aldon Smith before the draft. Thought he moved like a basketball player... so smooth. Figured if he went to a 3-4 team it would be a pretty seamless transition. So glad he went to my Niners.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
What the hell happened to that guy? He was a five-star recruit and then a monster at Michigan and everybody thought that he would be a second round pick when he declared. Then he went undrafted and only one team even gave him a shot (the Cardinals cut him).

The only thing I could find in google was that he signed with the Orlando Predators, but then never reported. Neither the team nor the agent knew where he was and they wound up putting an APB out on him. Then the team waived him.

I'm guessing he went undrafted because teams figured out he that he was a flake?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well.....lets see...

I'll just go back to 2005...don't feel like going all way the back to 1998. my first draft.

MISS-Alex Smith-figured Smith was athletic and smart enough to be a successful NFL QB very quickly.

MISS-Cedric Benson-Big fan of Cedric Benson would have taken him ahead of Cadillac.

MISS-Troy Williamson-Loved his speed, too bad I didn't realize he couldn't catch. Whoops

MISS-Mike Williams-liked Braylon a bit more, but thought Mike would be a serviceable red zone target at the worst

Hit-Demarcus Ware-Loved this guy, best pass rusher in the league today

Hit-Shawn Merriman-Loved his intensity, shame the injuries derailed his career

Hit-Derrick Johnson-Took him awhile to become an elite player but I think he is there right now

Hit-David Pollack-Didn't really understand the Pollack hype, but if he wouldn't have gotten hurt he might have proved me wrong.

Miss-Erasmus James-Thought he would be an explosive pass rusher

Miss-Matt Coke Zero Jones-Felt that he would eventually develop into a good player with his size and speed

Miss-Aaron Rodgers-Might be my biggest draft miss ever, felt that he was too mechanical and he had the Tedford pedigree working against him

Hit-Heath Miller-Loved the pick at the time

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only followed the last three drafts, and only last year did I follow it really closely. So that being said here's my list (could be off in a couple years as players might blossom/bust late).

Hits
-Andy Dalton: I didn't think he'd be a stud but I definitely thought he could be one of the better QBs in the league and arguably the best QB in that draft class.
-Casey Matthews: I adamantly bashed Matthews as nothing more than a backup and special teamer, and I haven't been impressed at all by him this year. It could change as he grows as a player but for now...

Misses
-Cam Newton: I thought he would really struggle to throw at the NFL level, and I thought he floated his passes too much and would be intercepted in tighter coverage situations (which is sort of true). But he's obviously shown that he can be a good passer at the NFL level so I was clearly wrong.
-Von Miller: I thought he was a one dimensional speed pass rusher, and thought he was a bad pick for my Broncos. Before he got the cast on he was a stud against the run too and was really good at shedding blocks/bull rushing too. Glad to be wrong here.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HITS

1. Jon Beason: I remember being ecstatic when he was still on the board and the Giants were on the clock. Wanted him desperately and we ended up taking Aaron Ross. Just writing that makes me that much angrier. Words can not describe my hatred for Aaron Ross.

2. Cam Newton: Thought Cam had all the tools and size to be a very good starting quarterback at this level but didn't think he'd be this good and this early as well but I was on the Newton bandwagon.

3. Alex Smith: Didn't see the infatuation with him. Always did and still do think that he was a product of the Urban Meyer system. Just never saw anything special in the kid and still don't.

4. Brian Orakpo: Thought it was absolute highway robbery that he fell as far as he did. For sure had him penciled to Buffalo when he fell as far as he did when they took Aaron Maybin. Just didn't see the downside with this guy.

5. Ray Rice: I remember having Ray Rice pegged to the Seahawks at the end of the 1st round in my mock draft and saying I thought he would be the best running back in his class. Loved him from the start. Remember calling him "MJD light".

MISSES

1. Joey Harrington: Man, did I love this kid coming out of school. Thought he had it all and that giant billboard of him in NYC didn't help either.

2. Robert Gallery: Was incredibly pissed when the Giants didn't end up getting him. I thought for sure that, if we took him, he'd be our LT for a decade.

3. Teyo Johnson: Remember him? One of the first guys to go from college basketball player to professional football player and also played a couple of seasons of football at Stanford as well. I thought he was going to be an absolute beast at the next level at tight end for Oakland. Never happened.

4. Vladimir Ducasse: I know he is raw but man, I thought this guy was going to turn into a mauler for the Jets. I couldn't have been more wrong. He's not close to sniffing the field for them and it wouldn't shock me at all if he isn't on the team next year.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my, this is going to take a while.

Hits

Haloti Ngata - I thought he would be good, but not this good.
Antonio Comartie - He's still my favorite CB prospect ever
DeAngelo Williams - Loved him. Disappointed by his pro career so far, actually.
Marcedes Lewis - I thought he'd be the next big thing at the TE position after Tony Gonzalez
Maurice Jones Drew - I loved both the UCLA guys that year. I thought MJD would be a stud.
Misses
Vince Young - Needs no explanation.
Michael Huff - I thought he was the next Ed Reed.
Tye Hill - Sad panda.
Jimmy Williams - I loved him.

Hits

Ryan Kalil - Quite liked him.
Lamar Woodley - I was a big Woodley fan, wanted him on the Ravens
Marshawn Lynch - Obviously Adrian Peterson is the best RB prospect I've ever seen, but I loved Lynch as well.
Misses
Aaron Ross - I thought he was going to be a good one.
Jamaal Anderson - I loved the versatility along the defensive line, but he was oh so slow.

Hits

John Stewart - Still one of my favorite RB prospects.
Brandon Flowers - Was my #2 CB in the draft behind Mike Jenkins.
Desean Jackson - One of the most electrifying college players I've ever seen.
Misses
Felix Jones - I thought he'd be much, much better then Darren McFadden.
Quentin Groves - Another guy I wanted to have on the Ravens quite badly.

Bit of Both
Mike Jenkins - I wanted him so badly on the Ravens.

Hits

Clay Mathews - Was #1 on my Ravens wishlist that year. Even drafted him in the Forum Mock.
Mike Oher - He was my #1 OT throughout the entire draft process.
Brandon Pettigrew - Loved that he was a complete TE.
Misses
Sean Smith - Was another one of my favorite players in the draft. Wouldn't have had a problem with him to the Ravens in Round 1. I had a massive fit when Ozzie drafted Kruger over him in Round 2.
Phil Loadholt - I thought he'd be a good one.

Hits -

Dez Bryant - He was my #3 player in the entire draft.
Sean Weatherspoon - My #2 choice after Dez for the Ravens. Boo Falcons.
Rob Gronkowski - He was another guy I would have loved in the first round. I was a huge fan.

Misses -
CJ Spiller - One of my favorite RB prospects since I started scouting. Showing a little this year, but I expected big things.
Jerry Hughes - This one speaks for itself.
Ryan Mathews - I thought he was overdrafted by nearly a full round.

There are probably many more, but those are the first that came to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Bit of Both
Mike Jenkins - I wanted him so badly on the Ravens.
Mike Jenkins is actually having a really good year, but he's been hurt and only has 1 pick so people don't notice. Next year is his contract year, and I expect a big year from him if healthy.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Mike Jenkins is actually having a really good year, but he's been hurt and only has 1 pick so people don't notice. Next year is his contract year, and I expect a big year from him if healthy.
There's a difference between expecting a big year from someone and actually getting that big year right now.

Mike Jenkins has been awful for the past two years. There is little reason to expect him to be an elite CB at any point in the future.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
There's a difference between expecting a big year from someone and actually getting that big year right now.

Mike Jenkins has been awful for the past two years. There is little reason to expect him to be an elite CB at any point in the future.
Actually, your completely wrong. He made the pro-bowl in 2009. He had a bad year last season, but he has rebounded well this year when healthy. I think he gets labelled wrongfully because the rest of the cowboys secondary is awful. Jenkins is having a good year and it should continue into the future if he stays healthy. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noteworthy Hits:
JaMarcus Russell (Bust) - Duh
Jarvis Moss (Bust) - 56.5 KEI, uggh.
Derrick Harvey (Bust) - Just didn't like him as an athlete
Johnathon Stewart (Stud) - Starting to put it together if healthy
Aaron Maybin (Bust) - Poor speed/quickness ratio.

Noteworthy Misses:
Cam Newton (Bust) - Yeah, I've already taken my heat for this one.
James Hardy (Stud) - 6'6" 215 lbs receiver that runs a 4.45? Can't lose right?
Brian Robiskie (Stud) - Kid really disappointed me.
Larry English (Stud) - Hey, 69.5 KEI...just sayin...
Limas Sweed (Stud) - Another big/fast receiver with excellent college production.

Edit: I DID like Clay Matthews a lot after his pro day. But no, I didn't think he was gonna be this good.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Last edited by ellsy82 : 12-28-2011 at 10:13 PM.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored, so I'll go a little bit more in depth. (Starting in 2006, when I joined/really started to get into the draft)

Hits:
Vernon Davis (Thought he was an absolute stud)
D'Brick (Thought he'd be a top flight pass blocker)
Elvis Dumervil (Big, big fan, didn't care that he wasn't tall, a natural)
Matt Leinart (Never saw him being decent)
MJD (Thanks for making me a believer Keak)
Ko Simpson (Despite Scar being in love with him, I was not a fan)
DeAngelo Williams (I'm calling it a hit because he's good, but it's probably more a both. I thought he'd be a top 5 back.)

Miss:
Michael Huff (though'd he be an elite safety)
Ernie Sims
Laurence Maroney (Wanted him badly, thought he'd be a monster in our old ZBS)
Jimmy Williams (I can't tell you how happy I was when we made that trade)
Darnell Bing (Whoops.)

Hits:
Calvin Johnson (Easy)
LaRon Landry (Wanted him to fall to 8 so damn bad. So upset when the Skins picked him.)
Adrian Peterson (Knew he'd be an absolute monster)
Lawrence Timmons (Loved that man as a prospect)
Sabby Piscatelli (Never understood why Bucs fans loved that pick)
Michael Bush (Had confidence in him being a good back, even after injury)
Brady Quinn (Hated)
Anthony Gonzalez (Hated)
Jon Beason
Dwayne Bowe

Miss:
Amobi Okoye (Thought he would be a great 43 UT)
Brandon Merriweather
Alan Branch
Eric Weddle
Chris Houston
Lorenzo Booker

Hits:
Chris Long (Took him a bit, but I was an enormous fan)
Darren McFadden (Thought he was just a tick below AD)
DeSean Jackson
Jamaal Charles
Curtis Lofton
Jermichael Finley
DRC
Aquib Talib

Misses:
Matt Ryan (it took a lot of toonster convincing for me to finally come around to: "He won't be awful")
Glenn Dorsey (expected dominance)
Dennis Dixon (thought he'd actually be starter material)
Keith Rivers (Loved)
Jerome Simpson (Loved)
Leodis McKelvin
Chilo Rachal
Dexter Jackson

Hits:
Matthew Stafford
Brian Cushing
Vontae Davis
William Moore
Shon Greene (Never liked)
Shady McCoy
Brian Orakpo

Misses:

Michael Crabtree (Man crush)
Knowshon Moreno (Had him behind McCoy at least!)
Malcolm Jenkins (I blame this one on Jimmy Williams)
Clay Matthews
Ziggy Hood
Phil Loadholt
Michael Johnson (Thought he'd be elite)
Lawrence Sidbury (Thought he'd be a really nice pass rusher)

Hits:
Joe Haden
JPP
Sean Weatherspoon
Dez Bryant
Jermaine Gresham
Jimmy Graham
Aaron Hernandez
Eric Decker

Misses:
Brandon Graham
CJ Spiller (Starting to turn it around?)
Dexter McCluster
Sergio Kindle
Rennie Curran
Carlos Dunlap
Kyle Wilson

2011 (Early Indications):

Hits:
Von Miller
AJ Green
Tyron Smith
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Patrick Peterson

Miss:
Cam Newton: Had no problems with anything (motion, arm, running ability, offense he came out of, etc.) But I apparently really underestimated his intelligence. Listening to him speak/watching Gruden's QB camp, I thought he was a complete moron who wouldn't be able to deal with an NFL playbook.

Andy Dalton: Good backup, nothing more.

Adrian Clayborn: Cripple.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

Hits:
Shon Greene (Never liked)
...a 1,000 yard rusher who was picked in the third round? I'm not saying he's great, but...
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
...a 1,000 yard rusher who was picked in the third round? I'm not saying he's great, but...

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a stretch I just don't ever watch him and think, "He's a good RB".

But also on my misses, add Dorin Dickerson in whatever draft he was in. I was such a big fan of that guy.