Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Wish List

Going through the season, we, as Seahawks fans, are frequently thinking, "Man, I wish we had a quarterback who will make plays."

Or, "I wish we had some 4.3 speed on our offense."

Or, "I wish we had a good corner."

Etc.

Which prospects are you specifically looking at and thinking, "That guy, we could use." ?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck
Trent Richardson
That true Sophomore corner from LSU (Matthews?)

I am sure that this list will go to include many more players but off the top of my head those are the only 3 that I really, really, want this early in the season. If I could think of a good pass rusher I would include them...but Quinton Couple hasn't produced at all this year at DE so yeah, scratch him off my wish list.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still looking for some offensive speed. Corner, not so much anymore. We'd take one if somebody was just looking too ripe not to pick if we were on the board, but our new guys have done alright this year.

Some names that interest me, but not for any particular round - value would be nice, but players I think might be able to find a place on the team:

Ryan Tannehill, Melvin Ingram, Jeff Demps, Devon Still, T.Y. Hilton.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to see a homerun threat in the backfield to spell Lynch. Another pass rusher and a QB that doesnt throw off his back foot every single play. Also better health.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I'm just going to be happy when I don't have to watch Tarvaris Jackson hold the offense back every week.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Would love to see a homerun threat in the backfield to spell Lynch. Another pass rusher and a QB that doesnt throw off his back foot every single play. Also better health.
What do you think of Demps, then? Admittedly, the first thing that you think of is his ridiculous times, but I actually think he's got a pretty good build and has some pretty good vision, too. The fact that he wasn't a "workhorse" in college doesn't bother me at all, because that's not what I'd expect him to be in the NFL. I think he'd go great as a reliever for Marshawn. Maybe even put him in the slot occasionally and run sweeps and screens.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Rainey slightly better than Demps actually. Really depends on what you want really. If you want a guy to run the ball some 10-20 carries, Rainey is better. If you want a more Dexter Mccluster type, Demps is better.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the TJack hate...he's been playing better and the Seahawks can win with him in there. Not having 3 of your starting offensive linemen hurts any QB. He's the QB of the next 1-2 years IMO and I'm fine with that.

And as for updating:

RG3
Matt Barkley
Jarvis Jones (LEO candidate)
and a RB to take some of the pressure off of Lynch.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

Its just his inconsistency and mental mistakes that annoys the hell out of me. He looks awful and is lucky not to get multiple intentional grounding penalties in the first half and then goes 15-19 and 176 yards in the 2nd half. Must be the skittles.

Also, his play in the 4th Quarter of some close games have been awful. Washington, Cincy, Atlanta were all games that was close in the 4th quarter and T-Jack gives the game away with poor play and/or clock management. He makes Ryan Tannehill look like Tom Brady in those games.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wish list is simple.

Any of the following:
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin II
Matt Barkley
Peyton Manning

Please, April Santa Claus...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

My immediate reaction to Peyton Manning is, "NOOOO!"

But... Man. You always want a guy that feels like "your" QB, but if he's got three or four more good years... just thinking about how close this team could be to being really good. And you know our receiver play would really jump with him there. He'd get good production out of Sidney Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller. Realistically, though, I think Indy's going to try and keep him. 70-30 chance, I'd say. They've got to want him to finish his career there, they just know drafting Luck is the best thing for them long-term.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
My immediate reaction to Peyton Manning is, "NOOOO!"

But... Man. You always want a guy that feels like "your" QB, but if he's got three or four more good years... just thinking about how close this team could be to being really good. And you know our receiver play would really jump with him there. He'd get good production out of Sidney Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller. Realistically, though, I think Indy's going to try and keep him. 70-30 chance, I'd say. They've got to want him to finish his career there, they just know drafting Luck is the best thing for them long-term.
This reaction clearly has nothing to do with football so I take it you've lost a lot of money betting against Manning or something and have a personal hatred toward him.

I too am not sure that Manning will leave the Colts, even if they draft Luck, but IF they do, and we can't move up for a young franchise guy, I'd DEFINITELY aggressively pursue him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This reaction clearly has nothing to do with football
Obviously. That's my team spirit feeling conflicted by the opportunities afforded by free agency. I'm sure Peyton would grow on me.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Marcel Reece might be a nice addition. He'd be kinda like getting (healthy) Leonard Weaver back.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

They committed 2 years to M-Rob. Doubt they would want another fullback. And please say no to Alex Smith.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
They committed 2 years to M-Rob. Doubt they would want another fullback. And please say no to Alex Smith.
Ah, I didn't know they re-signed him. Well, he's not bad.