12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 757 Virginia
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Some thoughts on Barkley's decision:
* From a draft position and financial perspective it was a mistake. It will be very difficult for Barkley to have a better season than he just had. Just look at his stats and the way USC closed out their season. The fact that some were even debating whether Barkley was a better prospect than Andrew Luck, which is ludicrous, speaks volumes about how his stock plateaued.
* Let's say for arguments sake that Barkley would have been the #5 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. If he goes #1 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft it will net him an extra $2.5 million. However, if he slips to #10 overall it will cost him $7.5 million. Also, Barkley is wasting a year of earning potential and it's not like football players get to play for decades (unless you are Brett Favre).
* Barkley's game is ripe to be picked apart and overanalyzed. People are going to point out his lack of top physical tools and say he is a product of all the talent around him (best set of wideouts in the country, etc). Could be a Matt Leinart situation.
* Barkley isn't going to have the buzz a year from now. A was a big reason why Mark Sanchez was selected as early as he was. Sanchez struck while the iron was hot, Barkley did not.
* I know Robert Griffin III wants to return to school, but this is going to be too good of an opportunity to pass up in my opinion. Landry Jones may have to re-think his decision as well. This could also be huge for Ryan Tannehill.
* Fans of the Redskins, Dolphins, Browns and Seahawks should be very concerned.
All I have to say is Barkley better not slip in performance, because this will only help Murray's case especially with both being measured around 6'1"-6'2"ish
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts