Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would your word be for Theismann here? http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/e...P11_hot_topics
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That he is an idiot who just continues to prove that...he's an idiot

Whatever, I hope the fickle media has jumped ship and has now latched on to some other team to slurp. They get paid to make kneejerk reactions to get viewers/hits, that's all this is by Theismann
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody receive their share(s) yet? Just got mine today...looks really nice. Keeping it in the envelope in came in until I get a frame to put it in. Hoping to get a packers themed one from their shop or somewhere
Old 12-23-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Anybody receive their share(s) yet? Just got mine today...looks really nice. Keeping it in the envelope in came in until I get a frame to put it in. Hoping to get a packers themed one from their shop or somewhere
Mine just showed up today!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Mine just showed up today!
got mine today as well!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Nice!

was lookin at frames from this place. Click on the ad at the top about Packers frames

globalrecognition.com

as well as this

http://www.giveashare.com/frames-for...FYvDKgodnx5hkw
Old 12-25-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Nice!

was lookin at frames from this place. Click on the ad at the top about Packers frames

globalrecognition.com

as well as this

http://www.giveashare.com/frames-for...FYvDKgodnx5hkw
I like the 2nd link one's but do they come with glass?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it were up to me, these guys would not suit up next week vs Detroit:
  • Rodgers
  • Nelson
  • Finley
  • Matthews
  • Woodson
  • Tramon
  • Raji
  • Burnett

I'd also like to rest Pickett another week.... just freshen his legs up. We need the big fella in the playoffs as teams will run on us as much as possible.
Also might need to rest big Howard.

Not sure who that leaves left to play other than Jarius and CJ and #96. Call up some scrubs.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers, Kuhn, Jennings, Wells, Raji, Matthews, Woodson are the Packers' Pro Bowlers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Rodgers, Kuhn, Jennings, Wells, Raji, Matthews, Woodson are the Packers' Pro Bowlers
I really wanted Jordy to make the PB hes been our big play WR all year, And jus helped me win the championship in my fantasy football league.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jordy seems to have deserved it ahead of Jennings this year.
If I had to make a choice between which of them earned it, I'd for sure say Nelson did.

But hopefully both will be busy for that week anyway.... with the Super Bowl.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I Love this.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Going into the playoffs in a couple weeks is ne1 else worried that our Def really doesnt look as good as last years. I know we got a lot of turnovers but we give up huge passing yrds and teams have been runing the ball on us of lately. And we hav no pass rush besides Matthews.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Going into the playoffs in a couple weeks is ne1 else worried that our Def really doesnt look as good as last years. I know we got a lot of turnovers but we give up huge passing yrds and teams have been runing the ball on us of lately. And we hav no pass rush besides Matthews.
It is a problem but i think as long as we arent giving up tons of points its not much of a problem. People blamed the defense for the KC loss but asking Rodgers to score more than 17 points shouldnt be an issue.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jerry Hughes, (6-2, 255 pounds) is stuck at the #3 spot at DE for the Colts, behind even Tyler Brayton and Jamaal Anderson.

He was a guy that in the 2009 NFL Draft, Ted Thompson did like and was prepared to select him with the pick in the 20's.

The reason I think I know this is because both Rick Gosselin and Bob McGinn predicted the picks and a source of Goose here in the DFW area (TCU country) expected Jerry to become a Packer in that 2010 Draft, to match up with Clay Matthews.

Of course, nobody expected Bryan Bulaga to fall out of the top-ten and be there at pick #23 for the Packers, who knew they had some aging OT's who needed to be replaced very soon. Bulaga to the Packers was a match made in heaven. He fit what they look for on the OL to a 'T'.

Now, 2 years later, Hughes has not done anything as a hand-on-the-ground DE for the Colts, languishing behind a couple of just guys, including Anderson who washed out of Atlanta.

What would it take for Packers to obtain Hughes from the Colts now?
Old 12-31-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Jerry Hughes, (6-2, 255 pounds) is stuck at the #3 spot at DE for the Colts, behind even Tyler Brayton and Jamaal Anderson.

He was a guy that in the 2009 NFL Draft, Ted Thompson did like and was prepared to select him with the pick in the 20's.

The reason I think I know this is because both Rick Gosselin and Bob McGinn predicted the picks and a source of Goose here in the DFW area (TCU country) expected Jerry to become a Packer in that 2010 Draft, to match up with Clay Matthews.

Of course, nobody expected Bryan Bulaga to fall out of the top-ten and be there at pick #23 for the Packers, who knew they had some aging OT's who needed to be replaced very soon. Bulaga to the Packers was a match made in heaven. He fit what they look for on the OL to a 'T'.

Now, 2 years later, Hughes has not done anything as a hand-on-the-ground DE for the Colts, languishing behind a couple of just guys, including Anderson who washed out of Atlanta.

What would it take for Packers to obtain Hughes from the Colts now?
Jerry Hughes is an interesting player that i think would be able to do a decent job for us but i doubt that would ever happen.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I don't want to face the Giants, but I think Atlanta does match up well with them.
Good RB, good TE, 3 good WRs, and a clutch QB.....

This part isn't good though:
Quote:
The Packers have finished the regular season dead last in total defense.

This is only the third time ever Green Bay has done so.

The 1956 team ranked 12th of 12 teams. The 1983 team ranked 28th of 28 teams. And now the 2011 team ranks 32nd of 32 teams. The Packers surrendered 411.6 yards per game this season -- slightly worst than the New England Patriots (411.1). Of course, both teams are No. 1 seeds the postseason. Turnovers have helped both units. Green Bay set a team record with 31 interceptions. The Patriots had 23 picks.

Opposing quarterbacks have feasted on the Packers most of this season, a problem that could catch up with them in the postseason. In the divisional round, Green Bay will face either Eli Manning (4,933 yards, 29 touchdowns), Matt Ryan (4,177, 29) or Matthew Stafford (5,038, 41)
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Polians out in Indy, maybe they cut their losses with Hughes and TT can pick him up off the scrap heap. I'd still rather go there with the 1st rounder this year, but if Hughes could be picked up for cheap he'd be worth the gamble at this point.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
With the Polians out in Indy, maybe they cut their losses with Hughes and TT can pick him up off the scrap heap. I'd still rather go there with the 1st rounder this year, but if Hughes could be picked up for cheap he'd be worth the gamble at this point.
If Hughes had served 2 years abroad for some Mormon missionary thing, I'd still have him ranked #1 for 34 OLB's right now.

I really really want Jerry Hughes, and I worry that a new GM will make it harder to get Hughes.

I'm still gonna contact Teddy on this one.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Great write-up about the MVP Debate between Rodgers and the record-setting, red-hot Brees:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012...ric-precedent/
Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
If Hughes had served 2 years abroad for some Mormon missionary thing, I'd still have him ranked #1 for 34 OLB's right now.

I really really want Jerry Hughes, and I worry that a new GM will make it harder to get Hughes.

I'm still gonna contact Teddy on this one.
If anything I'd think a new GM is more likely to let go of guys he didn't pick. My concern with Hughes is that he hasn't shown anything. I know he was highly regarded coming out and didn't get drafted into the best situation for his skillset, but you'd think by now he'd have shown flashes of something. From what I see Indy fans saying that hasn't been the case.

I'd be willing to take a shot on him as long as the cost was low. Worst case he's at least as good as the UDFAs we have there now.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Said it a million times during the draft and I will say it again....Jerry Hughes is massively overrated. Guy just disappears in any film you watch of him. There is a reason he is on the bench and it is not that the guys in front of him a super stars or good players, it is because he is not that good. Hand down or stand up. He does have speed and a good motor but he really is not overly physical and not as willing to stick his nose in there. He wants to burn past the guy and if not, he is out of the play. He made some Mountain West OT's look foolish and slow but that hasn't and wont happen in NFL
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

I don't know what it will take J-Mike to lose this man crush on him. All draft you were all over him and now have 2 years of really being as big of a bust a Neil (still early though) you are still all over him. It is not like they have not gave him opportunities to suceed as a 1st round pick, he has just hasn't wanted to show anything on the field to get out there.

Maybe I am being too hard on him but I have not seen anything in college or NFL from him that gives me any sign of being successful. He just isn't physical enough.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Scott Wells was a surprise DNP today. He was in attendance but did not participate. Hopefully just precautionary as that would be difficult to overcome.