Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'm from Canada. We have 903867896798748967489679 awesome beers.
Canadian Beer is inferior!

With that said I would have to agree Philly, Cali, OR, CO would get screwed over in these trades. My area only has I would put it at five beers that would even be worthy of sending to people without full shame. I guess once I get a little better at home brewing I could send some of my stuff but I would need to get a few more batches under my belt.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
That's more like it.
Shut it liver spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you have two awesome beers, and a bunch of stuff that's basically heavy weight budweiser.

oh yes, i went there.
I thought we were friends.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm close to dogfish.

Also I'm pretty sure this idea is illegal. Don't you need licenses to transfer booze over state lines?
This depends on your state. It is 100% legal to ship beer via parcel service in certain amounts in most states. PA is one of the few that it is a big no no.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
This depends on your state. It is 100% legal to ship beer via parcel service in certain amounts in most states. PA is one of the few that it is a big no no.
PA is the worst state IN THE WORLD!
I can remember my first day living in this ****** state...
I get to the gas station and decide, I think I'm going to pick myself up a 6-pack
Looked around at the coolers... couldn't find the beer...
Asked the clerk where the beer was... and learned the horrible truth about this state

Thank God I live next to two distributors though. Total coincidence. I swear.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i'm trying to say that the us is better at drinking than canada.

are those even still fighting words? i outdrank the town of inuvik, and most of toronto, but i'm not sure if that even counts anymore.

that said, i don't know of any real canuck micros. even whistler just had us beers.
I will drink your damn country under the table sir.

There are some stellar Canadian microbrews around. Mill Street, Boews, Kawartha Lakes, Creemore, and of course the greatest, Steam Whistle, are all just excellent.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

There are some stellar Canadian microbrews around. Mill Street, Boews, Kawartha Lakes, Creemore, and of course the greatest, Steam Whistle, are all just excellent.
You forgot Unibroue

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Stone Double IPA looks amazing. Why oh why does it have to be retired. I need it in my life this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm close to dogfish.

Also I'm pretty sure this idea is illegal. Don't you need licenses to transfer booze over state lines?
I recommend you stop being such a puss y.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
anyone still have, now that i'm thinking about it, any of the vertical epics?
I have them all saved up starting from 9/9/09 until now. I'm not going to drink them until next year. I wanted to get the ones I missed but they are to expensive.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I recommend you stop being such a puss y.
I knew you would support my genius. It's why we are E-drink buddies.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think i have 3 in my closet still, but i haven't seen the others around.
I have since 07. So that's 5.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unibroue (which gives me a head ache for some reason) and Dieu Du Ciel are noticeably missing here.

But that list barely even comes close to Michigan without even going deep into their selection... Bells & Founders...BAM! Just those two beats the entire subcountry of Canada. And Michigan isn't even close to the best state for breweries.

I had this year's Stone Vertical Epic the other day. It was pretty "meh". Most beers have been for me lately, though. I might drink one of my bottles of Boulevard BBQ for Christmas.

And I have friends who have beer shipped all the time. They also travel for work and always load up on $200-300 worth of beer that they pack in a wine box or a bag full of socks and check. These people are good friends for what they do (and it's not illegal).

It's not illegal to ship a small quantity of beer, it's illegal for a distributor to distribute beer in an area they aren't licensed. Pretty sure on this - correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
had a glass of st. bernardus xmas ale, it was pretty sweet/tasty.

Had some a few weeks ago, loved it. On par with the abt 12.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone had this yet this year?

I'll have one of those magnums with Christmas Dinner.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well I know in NJ it was illegal for us to ship wine in the mail to someone out of state. I used to work at a liquor store and we weren't allowed to do it but I don't think anyone would care if you were shipping a bottle of beer to someone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-22-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anyone had this yet this year?
Yes, it is wonderful. I love Anchor brews.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i've heard good things about hard cider. anyone try strongbow or woodchuck? have an opinion on whats better?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
so i've heard good things about hard cider. anyone try strongbow or woodchuck? have an opinion on whats better?
Strongbow is meh. I have lots of friends who drink it, but I've never really warmed up to the taste myself.
Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a big cider guy myself. When I was in Ireland though, Magners was the cider of choice and I would have it every now and then. Girls loved it. I suppose it was okay as a change of pace, but I would only drink it when already tanked.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also not a cider person but like Rob S just said Magners and Woodchuck seem to be the most popular.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-23-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I can have a bit of cider but it's not really something I go for. Give McKenzie's a shot if it's in your area.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see woodchuck everywhere around my parts. i'll keep an eye out for mckenzie's.

i wanna be a beer connoisseur but there's just so many different beers out there. idk where to start. sweetwater is the local brewery that most people in atlanta like but i really did not like it. with that said, i had yuengling as my first draft beer and it was delicious.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been awhile since I've had either. But I remember Strongbow being a bit heavier than Woodchuck and them being in about the same class as far as taste goes.

I prefer Magners or Fox Barrel. Crispin is really good, too.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
PA is the worst state IN THE WORLD!
I can remember my first day living in this ****** state...
I get to the gas station and decide, I think I'm going to pick myself up a 6-pack
Looked around at the coolers... couldn't find the beer...
Asked the clerk where the beer was... and learned the horrible truth about this state

Thank God I live next to two distributors though. Total coincidence. I swear.
That's the only bad thing about PA!! You shut your mouth!!! If you live in a small ass town, you'll have 3489344593072832 beer stores in that town alone!