Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Meyer is gonna win and win big here, we were very lucky to be able to follow up Tressel with someone like that.
I just like watching good football and I loved those Meyer-led Florida teams. Watching Meyer basically convert Percy to a RB, I always thought to myself, why the f**k didn't Jeff Tedford convert Desean Jackson to a hybrid role like that? Those sort of talents don't grow on trees, but Meyer seems to extract so much more from his playmakers. Those were crazy talented teams in Florida, but Meyer had a part in Florida's success.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to watching Ohio St. football.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Most people are probably comparing the crimes committed by both football programs, which is where some of the confusion stems. Besides the actual violations surrounding Bush and Mayo, one of the biggest problems that the NCAA had issue with was that SC effectively had no compliance department to point to when the allegations took place. SC's compliance department supposedly consisted of one person. Does anyone know how many employees most major sports universities dedicate to athetic department compliance?
I could be completely off base but I think I remember reading something about 10 being the minimum... take it for what its worth :P

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talked to some people from Ohio State, so take this from a grain of salt, but some buzz about a conspiracy theory as to why Gene Smith didn't do a self imposed bowl ban is that he gets approx. 1 million dollar bonus for the football team playing in a bowl game. Due to some other incidents in non-revenue sports, he was almost fired before this whole fiasco with Tressel, but stayed on. He is figuring he will be fired after this season anyway, so he didn't self-impose a bowl ban to get his bonus and let the next guy miss the bonus.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Talked to some people from Ohio State, so take this from a grain of salt, but some buzz about a conspiracy theory as to why Gene Smith didn't do a self imposed bowl ban is that he gets approx. 1 million dollar bonus for the football team playing in a bowl game. Due to some other incidents in non-revenue sports, he was almost fired before this whole fiasco with Tressel, but stayed on. He is figuring he will be fired after this season anyway, so he didn't self-impose a bowl ban to get his bonus and let the next guy miss the bonus.
I wish I could say I would be surprised by that. But honestly, it makes complete sense.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
At least this would be a logical explanation for it. Not that I'm happy about... the bastard

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I could be completely off base but I think I remember reading something about 10 being the minimum... take it for what its worth :P
If I were an Ohio St. fan, I would point to the compliance dept. of Ohio St. vs. SC, which on an institutional level, Ohio St. probably did. That is probably why Ohio St. was able to isolate the violation to one coach. SC could not argue that there was no evidence of LOIC if it's true that they only had 1 employee dedicated to compliance. This isn't a small issue that should be lost in discussions by talking heads.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote