Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-20-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
His freshman year we used him more as a deep threat and then this year we almost never had him run a route more than 10-15 yards. He has great hands and like you said is still learning the position but his upside is that of a 1st round pick. He'll be able to play in any offensive system in the NFL. He's going to test much faster at the Combine than everyone believes also. Yes rumor is right now he's leaning towards staying but he is older than your average JR so I'm not convinced just yet. Teams are going to fall in love with him in interviews as well.
It's still hard for me to buy that a guy who generated less than 10(I did the work on it earlier, think it was 7) receptions all year of 20+ yards going in that range. There's some scheme things, you're absolutely right...but still. A guy like Sanu should be able to generate more big plays, both down the field and after the catch.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing wrong with not being a real downfield receiver. How many possession receivers in the history of the league would be worth top 10 picks, let alone first round picks? The list would be really really long. Sanu is more like one of those guys, not a true deep threat but a guy who creates big plays after the catch instead of downfield.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's still hard for me to buy that a guy who generated less than 10(I did the work on it earlier, think it was 7) receptions all year of 20+ yards going in that range. There's some scheme things, you're absolutely right...but still. A guy like Sanu should be able to generate more big plays, both down the field and after the catch.
I understand exactly where you're coming from but just from watching him for 3 years I know he'll be able to more of a deep threat if it's asked of him. All we threw to him this year was short slants, curls, and quick out patterns. I understand it's hard to see because it's definitely not on tape but I feel confident from watching he'll be an above average WR at the next level. I'm usualyy pretty spot on with the Rutgers players since I watch them so often.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
If he's as big as listed, he could develop enough into a contested catch WR down the field - at least enough to keep defenders honest. But yeah, he'll likely never be a guy who you'll design a gameplan around sending him deep.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
If he's as big as listed, he could develop enough into a contested catch WR down the field - at least enough to keep defenders honest. But yeah, he'll likely never be a guy who you'll design a gameplan around sending him deep.
I've seen him do a bit of that. As GF mentioned already, Rutgers doesn't throw the ball down the field a whole ton, so it's tough to evaluate and project it...but I have seen him use his body to block out guys and out muscle them for the ball. There's nothing wrong with being a catch and run guy, but the concerning thing with Sanu is that he's not able to bust those into big gains with regularity at the college level. He SHOULD be able to do that with his strength and quickness.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top ten with comparisons...

1. Michael Floyd: A lot of T.O. in his game.
2. Justin Blackmon: Big boy Greg Jennings.
3. Kendall Wright: Smitty jr.
4. Dwight Jones: Amani Toomer (remember him?)
5. Mohamed Sanu: Marques Colston
6. Alshon Jeffrey: Jon Baldwin
7. Jarius Wright: Deon Branch
8. DeVier Posey: James Jones
9. Tommy Streeter: Chris Henry
10. Marvin McNutt: Malcolm Floyd

Next dozen or so in no particular order yet.

Marvin Jones
Ken Dorsey
Gerrel Robinson
Jarrett Boykin
Brian Quick
Nick Toon
A.J. Jenkins
Ty Hilton
Juron Criner
B.J. Cunningham
Rueben Randle
Jordan White
Lance Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Top ten with comparisons...

1. Michael Floyd: A lot of T.O. in his game.
2. Justin Blackmon: Big boy Greg Jennings.
3. Kendall Wright: Smitty jr.
4. Dwight Jones: Amani Toomer (remember him?)
5. Mohamed Sanu: Marques Colston
6. Alshon Jeffrey: Jon Baldwin
7. Jarius Wright: Deon Branch
8. DeVier Posey: James Jones
9. Tommy Streeter: Chris Henry
10. Marvin McNutt: Malcolm Floyd

Next dozen or so in no particular order yet.

Marvin Jones
Ken Dorsey
Gerrel Robinson
Jarrett Boykin
Brian Quick
Nick Toon
A.J. Jenkins
Ty Hilton
Juron Criner
B.J. Cunningham
Rueben Randle
Jordan White
Lance Lewis
Where is Pat Edwards?
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a random question. Where is Ryan Broyles draft stock at?

I would be shocked if he went undrafted.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anybody give me the status of WR Kashif Moore of UCONN. This guy has some crazy film, but I don't see him on any WR rankings.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Just a random question. Where is Ryan Broyles draft stock at?

I would be shocked if he went undrafted.
If the draft were to occur today, I'm willing to bet the 3rd round. I think he'll be pushed down a little bit as other guys rise up a bit though. Should be a steal for someone looking to round out an offense with a slot type guy though...and it's not out of the question for some team to be in love with the production and take him a bit higher.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-23-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think of the rankings for potential 1st round WRs.

1. Justin Blackmon [Hakeem Nicks] Top 10

Probably will go top 5 and has incredible hands and polish, but not a Calvin Johnson, A.J Green type prospects.

2. Michael Floyd [Larry Fitzgerald] Top 15

Huge body and good hands a reliable producer. If Floyd can put his DUIs behind him he could go top 10.

3. Kendall Wright [Steve Smith, Panthers] Top 20

Does not have dominant size, but has dominant speed and can be a consistent deep threat.

4. Alshon Jeffery [Plaxico Burress] Top 25

I have questions about his conditioning and short area speed, but he is hug and catches the ball well.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright is the best WR in this draft.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
Kendall Wright is the best WR in this draft.
Well this just isn't true. I like him as much as the next guy, but I still have him ranked solidly behind Blackmon, Floyd and I'm assuming Alshon once the latter shows he isn't a fatass in the offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
with the 6th overall pick in the 2012 draft. The Jaguars select Wr. Ok State. Justin Blackmon.
Meh. One pick off. How has Floyd looked opposite Larry thus far
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote