Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Salary cap question.

Hey. I have a question in regards to this.

what does the players contract entail? Just to play for the team and attend practices and whatnot?

Do players get extra money for the random things that they do for the team? For instance Tiki Barber used to host a NY Giants TV show made for kids. Did he get paid extra for that?

Is there anything stopping a team from offering a player a contract for $4 million a year, but then giving him a lot of side work and paying him for that as well (but not having it count against the cap)?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Generally players are obligated to certain functions in their contracts that they do not get paid for, it's just part of the generally understood contract and obligation as part of the team (or so Charlie Frye told me when he signed his rookie contract...name dropping? you bet).

In terms of Tiki's show, that sounds something entirely different.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Generally players are obligated to certain functions in their contracts that they do not get paid for, it's just part of the generally understood contract and obligation as part of the team (or so Charlie Frye told me when he signed his rookie contract...name dropping? you bet).

In terms of Tiki's show, that sounds something entirely different.
Is dropping Charlie Frye's name really name dropping?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Is dropping Charlie Frye's name really name dropping?
How many NFL quarterbacks do you have in your cell phone?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None but I'm also not so pretentious that I feel the need to make myself feel better by saying I have the cell number of Charlie Frye on an internet forum either. So congrats on your friendship with Charlie Frye, hey maybe your new buddy can get you some good tickets to a game.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
None but I'm also not so pretentious that I feel the need to make myself feel better by saying I have the cell number of Charlie Frye on an internet forum either. So congrats on your friendship with Charlie Frye, hey maybe your new buddy can get you some good tickets to a game.
Do you know what pretentious means? I don't think that this means that I am of an upper or elite status.

I brought it up cause it was germaine to the subject. I feel quite fine about myself either way, but I still think it's pretty cool. If you don't that's fine, but I don't think acting like a dick makes you any cooler either.

As for the tickets he got me some nice suite seats his rookie season. No dice last year and I'm moving so...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Bearsfan... Bigdawg, again just drop it. Were here to discuss football so stop with the personal attacks on people.

Bearsfan51, how did you meet Charlie Fyre?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Thanks Bearsfan... Bigdawg, again just drop it. Were here to discuss football so stop with the personal attacks on people.

Bearsfan51, how did you meet Charlie Fyre?
Grew up down the street from me. We're the same age and played football together. Known him pretty much my whole life.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you know what pretentious means? I don't think that this means that I am of an upper or elite status.

I brought it up cause it was germaine to the subject. I feel quite fine about myself either way, but I still think it's pretty cool. If you don't that's fine, but I don't think acting like a dick makes you any cooler either.

As for the tickets he got me some nice suite seats his rookie season. No dice last year and I'm moving so...
Pretentious- 1 : characterized by pretension : as a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature
2 : making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : AMBITIOUS

So now that the meaning of the word has been established, yes I feel that you were in that comment being pretentious. Of course when I made my remark about name dropping, I was merely insinuating that Charlie Frye is not exactly an elite NFL player so as it is not exactly a big name to drop. Not to mention the intent of my remark was to be comical and sarcastic, but apparently that eluded you and for that I apologize.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I understand what you're saying, which is why I responded with my question. I would say that knowing any NFL QB, elite status or not, is pretty cool. If you were buddies with Kyle Boller wouldn't that be cool? Boller certainly hasn't done anything in the NFL more than Charlie.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Grew up down the street from me. We're the same age and played football together. Known him pretty much my whole life.
Did you ever play "doctor"? Tell the truth, I'll know if you're lying!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, which is why I responded with my question. I would say that knowing any NFL QB, elite status or not, is pretty cool. If you were buddies with Kyle Boller wouldn't that be cool? Boller certainly hasn't done anything in the NFL more than Charlie.
Indeed, the fact that you have a friendship with Charlie Frye is excellent, in fact kudos are in store. And yes it would be an honor and pleasure to be friends with Kyle Boller, especially when he was dating Tara Reid. Alas the only contact with Kyle has been a few conversations at training camp his 1st and 2nd seasons, and I must say he is quite respectful in the fact that he referred to me as sir since I am a couple years his senior.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Did you ever play "doctor"? Tell the truth, I'll know if you're lying!
No but I liked his younger sister, who is dating a total dweeb now. I miss the word dweeb by the way.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No but I liked his younger sister, who is dating a total dweeb now. I miss the word dweeb by the way.
Yeah dweeb really fell off the map in terms of vocabulary and deserves another shot at the mainstream.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-06-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Is the guy at least loaded?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eight. teen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
eight. teen.
Stalker.

Ten Tacos.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

You have eight teens on your cell phone? Creepy.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we all here trying to show off or something? Hell, my girlfriend's dad is one of Jim Irsay's best friends, owner of the Colts. I've gone with her to watch games in his suite before, where I met him and obscure actors like the "hunky" gardener on Desperate Housewives.

Does anyone really care? No...so let's focus on the topic at hand, instead.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My dads uncles fathers sisters sons uncles gardeners plumbers sons brother-in-laws favorite quarterback is Peyton Manning.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
Are we all here trying to show off or something? Hell, my girlfriend's dad is one of Jim Irsay's best friends, owner of the Colts. I've gone with her to watch games in his suite before, where I met him and obscure actors like the "hunky" gardener on Desperate Housewives.

Bad news... because I just had sex with the daughter of one of Jim Irsay's best friends...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post

For once I really cared but with your blatant denial of allowing people to care has sent my spirits plummeting into the depths of the unknown, Why are you so cruel?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: