Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-24-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default < Official Playoff Discussion Thread >

**** YEAH. We're in, folks.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so stoked! Looks like we'll have either the Cowboys or G-men in the first game too...either a very winnable game.

Stafford better get the pro bowl nod over Eli now.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see the Saints beat the Falcons. The Cowboys/Giants would pretty much be a free pass to the divisional round. I would also love to play the 49ers if the Saints could somehow manage to get the bye and we lose to the Packers.

Stafford really looks like he's comfortable. The team was clicking and looked good against a team that was on a little hot streak. Hopefully Green Bay will win and lock things up. They have to be the best matchup for us possible in Week 17. They won't be looking to injure us(except maybe Suh) and hopefully we'll play against Matt Flynn, get the win, and keep momentum while playing an easier team in the playoffs.

This really is momentous. Nothing else can take away that we are a legitimate team. Nobody can deny how well the Lions have played this year and 10-5 instead of limping into the playoffs is another huge accomplishment. I'm proud of the team. They really are earning their place this year and not just hoping it got handed to them.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, a Saints win over the Falcons would only mean it'll come down to the final week to determine Detroit's seed. Even if ATL loses to NO, it doesn't secure the Lions the 5th seed as ATL holds the tie-breaker.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may be the best thread on this site ever created.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Old 12-25-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may just be the rum talking, but...I love you guys.

GO LIONS!!!

Seriously, I can't friggin wait for the playoffs.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it great and just think, next year will be even better. This team is just on the verge of greatness with a lot more to come in the future no matter how the playoffs play out.
Remember, 1st year teams in the playoffs have a hard time sometimes as they simply aren't used to the upgraded quality of play. It can take a season to learn to win in the playoffs so I'll try to keep my cool either way it goes.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it was just the fact that I had just watched Tebow, but Stafford's throws against San Diego were really special and he was really on target. He was throwing darts all game. As Stafford goes, so goes our team. If he can get into that kind of a rhythm again then we should do some damage. I want to supplant and surpass Atlanta as "that good young team with a top QB" in people's minds.

We do have a perfect storybook setting lined up for us now. Week 17 win against a resting Green Bay on the road to build confidence and prepare us for a divisional game rematch. Then hopefully someone beats the Saints and we can beat San Fran and have Schwartz slap Harbaugh's back.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys thoughts on the Wildcard game?
Who/where do you want to play, and who not?

We will either play NYG, Dallas, Atlanta, or you guys for our first playoff game on January 15th.
I don't want to see the Giants or you guys. I'll take Dallas or Atlanta.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lions vs. NFC East winner is much preferable. Detroit would win that game.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Lions vs. NFC East winner is much preferable. Detroit would win that game.
Would you rather go to the Giants or Cowboys?

Your finish in Dallas was all-time great this year.
I really want to see a rematch of that.... plus it would mean Dallas won that division and then next year on the schedule the Packers come here to play Dallas instead of at NY again.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'd probably rather face Dallas, if only because the game would be in a dome.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saturday night 8 PM in the Super Dome. Get your popcorn ready.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Saints 45, Lions 31
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

Home:

St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Away:

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Philadelphia Eagles

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Holy ****, we're going to the playoffs next year too. NFC West and AFC South? Awesome!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

Home:

St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Away:

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Philadelphia Eagles

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Holy ****, we're going to the playoffs next year too. NFC West and AFC South? Awesome!
Na, it's Super Bowl all the way.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Predictions:

New Orleans 34, Detroit 27
Stafford passes for more yards than Brees
Sproles kickoff or punt returned for a touchdown
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Let's Go Lions!!!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Best opening drive of the season!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Dropped interceptions, failure to get off the field on third down, atrocious tackling of running backs + a few bad officiating mistakes = Doomed

EDIT: Forgot to add an absent pass rush
Old 01-07-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

We will never win with this defense. For all the talk about the D-line, they haven't gotten much pressure on Brees all night. The linebackers are atrocious, the secondary is even worse. The thing that surprises me most is that no one seems to be able to tackle at all...Schwartz is a defensive coach, I expect changes.

We can't waste any more Stafford to Calvin years.

Pa-the-tic.
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Congrats on a good season.