Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-24-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some switch must have gotten flipped at halftime. Did I see that McCourty had an INT???
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching the gamecast right now, looks like Ridley has gotten a majority of the runs. How has he looked?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Some switch must have gotten flipped at halftime. Did I see that McCourty had an INT???
It was on a Moore underthrow, but he actually made some nice plays on the ball today. Of course, that came with getting burned badly twice early...but yeah, better than usual effort for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm watching the gamecast right now, looks like Ridley has gotten a majority of the runs. How has he looked?
Good and bad, mostly good. He's made things happen, but there were a few shades of Maroney near the goal line that he was lucky to have go his way. He was stuffed a few times as well. But he still might be our best runningback right now haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It didn't really matter, but Ridley really needed to stay in at the end there. Rookie mistake.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-24-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know anything on the Mankins injury?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched the game yet since I've just finished unpacking my presents. Good haul this year too... But from what I can see McCourty was a disaster once again and the OL was a mess. How the hell did we win this game? Can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.

Anyways, merry Christmas guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCourty was hot and cold.
Some plays he showed glimpses of last year.
Other times, he reminded that last year is in the past.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had like 3 PDs and an INT. And still managed to get burned badly 2-3 times.

So, he's improved.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24 points to the Dolphins when most of them came very quickly and the offense didn't do **** until the second half... not too bad.

The Dolphins are playing well right now. I think everyone is going to over-analyze that win and nitpick it. The Fins only scored 7 points in the second half.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Not sure there's much room for over analysis when they kicked our asses for the first thirty minutes. We got bailed out by mistakes from a mediocre team for the second straight week. Taking anything from it, we stayed tough mentally...but aside from that it was a horror show. We came out completely flat on both sides of the ball, the coaching decisions we made in the first half worked horribly, and Brady looked awful for a good portion of the game. We absolutely can't play like that against good teams...and Miami beating a few other crappy teams doesn't tell me that they're worth trumpeting the virtues of.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-24-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

This team still manages to get a few mistakes per game that the offense blow open.

I know they play poorly, but they still make critical plays.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Possible playoff games (best to worst):
Texans
Titans
Raiders
Bengals
Jets

I really feel most of those should be an automatic win. The Jets have the hardest road of all teams (3 of the 32 possible situations get them in and the most likely 16 [ie, Denver winning] give them only 1 chance to get it... win and basically have everyone else lose).

The Bengals are by far most likely second round matchup. So Andy Dalton should prepare to become the greatest playoff QB ever (his first two games will be against the sorry Texans and the awful Patriots D)
Old 12-25-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merry Christmas guys!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the Pats struggling a bit against the Dolphins. They flipped a switch and won the game. I'd like to see them put a solid effort together all-around against the Bills so they have good energy going into the BYE, but everything with this team is about showing up for the playoffs. They absolutely have to show up there. With this team, games in the regular season are fairly meaningless.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"It's probably not even legal for me to say it right now, so I won't. I'm not even going to censor it. Too many bleeps. But just know, we needed to come out and play better."

From BB, awesome. exactly what we wanna hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately it seems like none of the defensive tackle/defensive end prospects are going to be good enough fits for Bill Belichick's taste. Brandon Thompson seems like the most likely first-round option because of his brute strength and ability to command double teams but Thompson also struggles to disengage while occupied by two blockers. Fletcher Cox has brute strength and versatility between 4-3 and 3-4 fronts but does not play with an effective pad level and is easily knocked off balance; Cox is dominated by double-teams. Jerel Worthy projects as a 4-3 defensive tackle who can anchor against the run and flashes elite quickness off the line of scrimmage but would most likely end up filling Albert Haynesworth's projected role with the team; is a rotational player worth a first-round pick? Devon Still is disruptive against the pass and can knife into the backfield but has serious medical concerns after tearing his ACL and MCL in 2007 and breaking his ankle in 2008; Still does not play with leverage against the run and only gave consistent effort in a "contract" year. Dontari Poe is a small-school prospect who has massive size but is very raw and his height prevents him from anchoring as well as expected from a man his size; Poe disappeared during a number of games this season. Does anyone else think New England is going to put off drafting a top five-technique prospect for another year?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
"It's probably not even legal for me to say it right now, so I won't. I'm not even going to censor it. Too many bleeps. But just know, we needed to come out and play better."

From BB, awesome. exactly what we wanna hear
Yeah, and that is why I think struggling against Miami was a good thing in the long-run. They still won, but now they should be motivated to improve in areas.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Not the best news, not the worst news. Mankins should be back for the playoffs, hopefully the sprained MCL wont hinder his play any at that point.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Not the best news, not the worst news. Mankins should be back for the playoffs, hopefully the sprained MCL wont hinder his play any at that point.
Yeah shut him down this week and then have the bye. Buffalo aren't great up front anyway with Kyle Williams missing and Dareus still kinda hurting so hopefully he won't be too missed

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

lol. ESPN Boston has some of the dumbest writers on the block.

"Mayo missed 2 weeks and Spikes missed like 7..."

That's because MCL sprains come in 3 grades: 1, 2, and 3. If it were 3 - Mankins (and every other NFL player) would be on IR right now. If it were grade 2, he'd probably be IR'd as well because the best case scenario for return would probably be the Super Bowl week.

A reasonable grade 1 sprain can take a week to fully heal as long as you stay off of it and treat it properly. NE doesn't need to win this game to be in good position. Just a bye is helpful. The home field advantage stuff is just icing on the cake, worst case scenario.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

L.Polite signed. We finally have a true FB.
Lawfirm and Ridley behind him makes me smile.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

2011 Pro Bowlers

* Tom Brady
* Wes Welker
* Rob Gronkowski
* Logan Mankins
* Brian Waters
* Andre Carter
* Vince Wilfork
* Matthew Slater

Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

No Hernandez? Last time I checked he was second for AFC TEs.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

A. Gates made it over him :(