Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
No Hernandez? Last time I checked he was second for AFC TEs.
Fan voting is only 1/3 or else Tim Tebow would be a QB on the roster.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else really looking forward to this game against Buffalo. The problem the last few weeks has been with starting fast but you know Brady will still have his last performance against Buffalo(worst of the year) fresh in his mind and will look to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Teams have been really focusing in on Gronk recently and it's left Welker and Hernandez particularly more open than normal but I'd love to see Brady get the ball to Gronk more now going into the playoffs, especially in the redzone. We're going to be playing better defenses than Miami and Buffalo in the playoffs and I want the redzone offense to be firing on all cylinders going in

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
lol. ESPN Boston has some of the dumbest writers on the block.

"Mayo missed 2 weeks and Spikes missed like 7..."

That's because MCL sprains come in 3 grades: 1, 2, and 3. If it were 3 - Mankins (and every other NFL player) would be on IR right now. If it were grade 2, he'd probably be IR'd as well because the best case scenario for return would probably be the Super Bowl week.

A reasonable grade 1 sprain can take a week to fully heal as long as you stay off of it and treat it properly. NE doesn't need to win this game to be in good position. Just a bye is helpful. The home field advantage stuff is just icing on the cake, worst case scenario.
Well, if Pittsburgh is the #1 seed, that might be an advantage for the Pats with how they've performed, historically, in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy to me that this team is fighting for (and likely to clinch) the number 1 seed in the AFC. With a D that gives up yards hand over fist to scrubs like Orvlovsky and VY, and Brady looking like he is sleeping through sections of games at a time, the Patriots are looking like they'll have homefield throughout.

Now we just have to hope they can show up for the playoff games this year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
It's crazy to me that this team is fighting for (and likely to clinch) the number 1 seed in the AFC. With a D that gives up yards hand over fist to scrubs like Orvlovsky and VY, and Brady looking like he is sleeping through sections of games at a time, the Patriots are looking like they'll have homefield throughout.

Now we just have to hope they can show up for the playoff games this year.
I say this very carefully and with lots of trepidation, the Patriots are one of only about 3 or 4 teams who can win a game in one quarter. If the offense hits its stride and the defense makes one or two stops the Pats can realistically have a 21 point swing in one quarter. Look at the Miami game. At 17-0 at the half most teams are dead and buried. Then 27 unanswered points.

They can't afford to play like this in the playoffs though. They need fast starts on offense to make teams chase the game and they need to close teams out. If we are up 10 in the third quarter we need to score another TD to put the game to rest because I don't trust this defense in any quarter let alone the 4th.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping we don't have to host the Ravens again. They have everything necessary to trounce us once again. I'm over the "let's get our revenge" thing . . . let's not face them, instead.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's face the Bengals, followed by the Broncos in the AFC championship :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Let's face the Bengals, followed by the Broncos in the AFC championship :)
That, my friend, is a path I'd like to travel.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care who they play as long as they win. I hate the idea of rooting for "favorable" match-ups.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be a party pooper! Of course we don't mind the match-up as long the outcome is in our favor.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is totally weird. This team could be 13-3 and when you look at the 3 losses, you could attribute at least 1 and maybe 2 of them to the offense, yet the defense is the suspect side of the ball.

(@Buffalo was definitely a day Brady would like to have back and the Pittsburgh game was one where the offense was never in sync. You could even argue that the NYG game was won [or at least could have been] except a dumb penalty by Sergio Brown)
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this Brady shoulder thing something the media is blowing out of proportion?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Don't be a party pooper! Of course we don't mind the match-up as long the outcome is in our favor.
Hey...who doesn't love a good poop party???

:|
Old 12-30-2011, 05:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Is this Brady shoulder thing something the media is blowing out of proportion?
Well, according to the lengthy medical report released by the Patriots...

edit: if you don't get that, feel free to review these.

Last edited by descendency : 12-30-2011 at 05:54 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody else get the feeling that the Jets are going to somehow find a way to sneak into the playoffs this week? It would be quite typical of them to pull it off.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

With the Bengals playing the Ravens it's possible. But my money is on the Dolphins winning against the Jets anyway.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They better not. Go Broncos (for Wildcard)

Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
They better not. Go Broncos (for Wildcard)
The Broncos can't be the wildcard.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

ooo anyone but the Broncos is all that matters

Old 01-01-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Does anybody else get the feeling that the Jets are going to somehow find a way to sneak into the playoffs this week? It would be quite typical of them to pull it off.
I said that a while back and everybody kind of dismissed it, but it looks like it well could be happening. My money is on them beating Miami(although I'm certainly not rooting for them to do so) and then the Bengals, Titans, and Broncos losing. Under that scenario, they get in along with Oakland.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Great to see both Spikes and Chung back in the active lineup today. Nice to get them some playing time then the week off next week because no matter who we face in two weeks they can run the ball well and those two guys are two of the more important run defenders

Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting against Spikes playing. Fletcher has looked good against everyone aside from Denver. He might not be the clogger that Spikes is, but he's shown up and made some plays in the backfield. He's not a liability in coverage like Spikes is either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm rooting against Spikes playing. Fletcher has looked good against everyone aside from Denver. He might not be the clogger that Spikes is, but he's shown up and made some plays in the backfield. He's not a liability in coverage like Spikes is either.
Hey as long as Tracey White doesn't see the field in the playoffs except for special teams I'm happy

Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk why all the hate on Spikes, he's looked very good when he was healthy this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I actually have to give it to White a little bit; he hasn't embarrassed himself in coverage. I hold my breath every time he's out there, but he hasn't been god awful aside from some mistakes early. I'll take that from a 5th string guy. I sure as **** hope he doesn't play defensive snaps anymore either, but yeah. Certainly wasn't as bad as Slater was at safety. Watching him try to tackle guys head on was pretty rough.

It will be legitimately good to see Chung out there. I just wish we could have gotten him back earlier. It's always a bit nerve racking trying to work a guy back into the lineup one week before the playoffs. A bye week doesn't help either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau