Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
does anyone think they will change the playoff seeding format after this year? I really hope they do because I'm pissed the bulls are getting shafted...
Bulls will get the #2 seed, the Cavs are falling apart.

By the way, the #5 seed will still have home court advantage, so in reality they are the #4 seed. It's not that big of a deal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
does anyone think they will change the playoff seeding format after this year? I really hope they do because I'm pissed the bulls are getting shafted...
They just changed them before the start of this season.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really...everything I've heard analysts and commentators say is that the heat would still get home court...is it cuz the Bulls would have the better record?

and your prolly right we will pass the Cavs easily because our remaining schedule is a cakewalk
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They just changed them before the start of this season.
yea well i meant so that horrible teams in horrible divisions dont get seeded ahead of better teams with better records
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea well i meant so that horrible teams in horrible divisions dont get seeded ahead of better teams with better records
Yeah. I agree to a certain extent. I like to see a team get rewarded for winning the division, and some divisions are more competitive causing lower records but the team is still just as good.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Yeah. I agree to a certain extent. I like to see a team get rewarded for winning the division, and some divisions are more competitive causing lower records but the team is still just as good.
yea i agree...but it just seems that in the last couple years that its been more of all the teams in a division suck and just the best of the worst wins it
Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the Cavs are making a HELL of a comeback.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

and just like the the Bulls are in their rightful position :D
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who thinks Monta Ellis can be a starter next year if Baron Davis was to be traded?

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and just like the the Bulls are in their rightful position :D
Your welcome. BTW, to answer ur question before, the Heat would get the 4 seed, but the Cavs would still get home court. However, I think the seedings should go by record all the way throught, not just the top 4 cuz the division winners are guarateed at least a top 4 seed.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Your welcome. BTW, to answer ur question before, the Heat would get the 4 seed, but the Cavs would still get home court. However, I think the seedings should go by record all the way throught, not just the top 4 cuz the division winners are guarateed at least a top 4 seed.
I haven't seen the remaining schedules, but the Heat have the tiebreaker over the Raptors and are only one game behind.

If the Cavs get the 5 spot I'm really hoping for the Raptors cause I don't see us beating the Heat.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I haven't seen the remaining schedules, but the Heat have the tiebreaker over the Raptors and are only one game behind.

If the Cavs get the 5 spot I'm really hoping for the Raptors cause I don't see us beating the Heat.
The Heat have a very favorable schedule coming down the stretch, there hardest one is at Orlando the last game of the season. We have 2 games against the Bobcats I know.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
The Heat have a very favorable schedule coming down the stretch, there hardest one is at Orlando the last game of the season. We have 2 games against the Bobcats I know.
K good. Get the 3rd seed. I'm pretty sure we can take the Raptors with homecourt advantage.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping that the standings stay the way they are in the East. If Toronto faces the Wizards they will beat them pretty handely IMO with the injury problems they have (Butler, Arenas). It should be interesting to see how some of the Toronto players do in the playoffs considering most of them have little or no playoff experience.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we're the #2 seed for today. Although it may not be for long. The Cavs have the lowly/injured Wizards tomorrow night and I can't remember who we play. Oh, we play New Jersey at home I believe.

God I want that #2 seed. Because we'd avoid playing Detroit until the Conference Finals (assuming we take care of bussiness in the first two rounds). Thank you Miami for the win tonight, but now we gotta take care of New Jersey tomorrow, and a Wiz win would be nice too! :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

yea we play the nets. It would be great if we can keep that number 2 seed. I dont like how the flu is spreading within our team, but i guess its better to be sick now than later in the playoffs. Too bad for the Wiz, in thinking that their entire season was wasted. Oh well, lets hope we can beat the nets tonight...we are 0-2 i think and we need to win.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I'm really hoping that the standings stay the way they are in the East. If Toronto faces the Wizards they will beat them pretty handely IMO with the injury problems they have (Butler, Arenas). It should be interesting to see how some of the Toronto players do in the playoffs considering most of them have little or no playoff experience.
Playing the Raptors is our best case scenario, nothing against the Raptors but with their youth I'd rather play them than the Bulls or Heat or Pistons or Cavs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Playing the Raptors is our best case scenario, nothing against the Raptors but with their youth I'd rather play them than the Bulls or Heat or Pistons or Cavs.
I don't blame you for wanting to play the Raptors but I just can't see the Warriors beating any of the teams you mentioned.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I don't blame you for wanting to play the Raptors but I just can't see the Warriors beating any of the teams you mentioned.
We by far are the worst team in the playoffs without Arenas and Butler and we will lose to the Raptors for sure, but it won't be as ugly as it would be to some of the other teams.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
We by far are the worst team in the playoffs without Arenas and Butler and we will lose to the Raptors for sure, but it won't be as ugly as it would be to some of the other teams.
I think it would be pretty bad. Bosh would be a matchup nightmare and your guard scoring would no longer offset his scoring.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If Blatche can come back he can somewhat handle Bosh.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

As I called it, Hasheem Thabeet is declaring, he is nowhere near ready but he will be a lottery pick because of potential, right now I think Hibbert as a slight advantage of being drafted before him, depends on who's drafting, you want to win right now go with Hibbert, you wanna wait 3 years for a potential stud take Thabeet. Kind of like the Morrison vs. Rudy G argument.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

This is kinda off-topic, but Ghetto do you know if there's any protection on the pick involved in the Al Harringon trade between the Hawks and Pacers?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
This is kinda off-topic, but Ghetto do you know if there's any protection on the pick involved in the Al Harringon trade between the Hawks and Pacers?
Top 10 Protected this year, top 8 next year, then unprotected so the damn Pacers are cutting it close, they better keep winning, that would be my dream as the Hawks get a top 3 pick and the Pacers pick ranged 10-15.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
There is. The Pacers get their 1st rounder back if it's in the top 10 I believe.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote