Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 17: 49ers at Rams

Week 17:
Sunday, January 1, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (12-3)
at
St. Louis Rams (2-13)

Time: 10:00 am pst

Must win. We all know what's at stake. Going 13-3 and getting a first round bye would cap an amazing regular season. Of course, if we beat their ass, they may end up getting this

which is kind of funny considering this

Will miss the game with a bum ankle.

Or they could trade the pick and be remembered as the team that passed on Luck. Have fun with that.

This game just scares me. It should be a rout, something like 26-0. Pure guess. But it will probably be much closer this time. Something like 24-0.

A thousand words.

1 more sack and he sets the rookie record. Badass. I want this record.

So, ummmm, none of this?
Curious timing to cut Braylon. Must be some locker room drama or something distraction related to cut him at this point. Also, I didn't use a game picture because I'm not sure he ever played in a game.

Dear Brett Swain ...

... I hope you don't suck
Sincerely,
Everyone.

Whatever. Just win this ******* game convincingly.

Standings:

1. San Francisco 49ers (12-3)
2. Arizona Cardinals (7-8)
2. Seattle Seahawks (7-8)
4. St. Louis Rams (2-13)

Special Note:

Special Note II: My latest creation

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that there is excitement that Patrick Willis looks ready to go. I don't want him to play. Win without him, give him this + two more weeks before he has to play. Can never be too safe. Look at the problems guys like LaMarr Woodley have had trying to play on these hammies.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, maybe they give Willis a couple series to knock off any potential rust he may have. It's a potential double-edged sword but if he plays in this game, I think it's cause he's healthy. If he has lingering issues, I just don't see them risking it. Besides, who wouldn't mind a little more of Larry Grant beating the crap out of his old team? My prediction: 30-6 Niners.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 12-30-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game has me kind of nervous. I'll be watching at home of course. We haven't lost a game every time I've watched the game at home. In the three losses I was away from my house. I was going to go out to a bar or something, but since something important is on the line for this game I'm staying glued to my seat. 49ers should roll though regardless of my superstitious attitude. It would be nice to close out the season with our best record since 1997.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's hoping that Gore and Willis aren't needed until that playoff game!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant has done well filling in for Willis, but the difference between the two really showed up last week. Risking Willis being out there for the playoffs isn't worth it if there are any questions about reinjury.

And something has to be done to get Gore on track. I suggest PCP.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell just let CK start this game. I'm sure he would put up more numbers then Smith ha.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This game has me kind of nervous. I'll be watching at home of course. We haven't lost a game every time I've watched the game at home. In the three losses I was away from my house. I was going to go out to a bar or something, but since something important is on the line for this game I'm staying glued to my seat. 49ers should roll though regardless of my superstitious attitude. It would be nice to close out the season with our best record since 1997.
Seriously??? If so, come playoff time, you better stay the hell home or the rest of us will come get you if the Niners lose. LOL.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers have already missed a field goal. Great opening drive.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

And now Rams are in scoring range.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Wow you're going to let Kellen Celemens run for a eighteen yard touchdown?

So much for this run defense. God I'm ashamed. 49ers are going to lose against the Rams.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MELTDOWN?? NOW??? wow.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Not surprising. This team's offense is God awful.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex saved us there....we should just forcefeed Crabtree, he's the only guy I have faith in getting open.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Spagnuola. LOL.

Crabtree came to play!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Crabtree is taking over, just give him the ball he's our only legit receiver right now.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

We might be in the clear now (don't want to jinx it).
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Panthers aren't doing any favors for us. And Willis looks rusty.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think of what the margin of victory would be like for the Niners if the offence could execute?

First in giveaways, takeaways, turnover margin and starting field position should result in an assload of points.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon.....stop looking at the clock and play freakin ball, smdh
Old 01-01-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Finally. The number two seed is clinched. But this was a terrible win. The 49ers almost allowed the Rams to beat them. This is one of the worst 13-3 teams I've ever seen I hate to say, maybe worse than the 2008 Titans and the 2001 Bears. God-awful quarterback play will get you roasted in the playoffs like what happened to those teams. Alex Smith needs to be let go and the franchise needs to get someone else in either a trade or draft another quarterback. Smith's performances this season won't get it done in the long run. Just a disgrace. Not sold on Kaepernick either. Don't have time for a project. Get Matt Flynn in here or draft another quarterback in the later rounds with the opportunity to start.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Well guys, we got the bye, not the greatest ending but what a SEASON. Great defense, solid QB play, solid running game, this team is looking pretty well-rounded. There is just SO MUCH to build on, I expect the Offense to improve by quite a bit next year, and hopefully in the playoffs. WR needs to be a priority though.

The two things that concern me most are the WRs and Frank Gore. Gore looks slow out there, especially compared to Hunter. If all we have is VD and Crabtree, we are screwed. The rams were just doubling those two and knew that no one else could get open.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Well guys, we got the bye, not the greatest ending but what a SEASON. Great defense, solid QB play, solid running game, this team is looking pretty well-rounded. There is just SO MUCH to build on, I expect the Offense to improve by quite a bit next year, and hopefully in the playoffs. WR needs to be a priority though.

The two things that concern me most are the WRs and Frank Gore. Gore looks slow out there, especially compared to Hunter. If all we have is VD and Crabtree, we are screwed. The rams were just doubling those two and knew that no one else could get open.
Just stop it.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Just stop it.

lol, stop being emo. Alex has had a very solid season, and you know it. I know you hate him and you personal bias gets in the way, but deep down you know it and so do most fans. I'm not gonna argue about Alex with an overly emotional fan though, it's a waste of time. This season has been too much fun, with too many positives including solid QB play. Have fun celebrating (or whining) about being 13-3!!! CONGRATS.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post

We'll, considering we were without the services of Ginn and Williams, I'm not overly concerned. Both will be back for the first playoff game so its a moot point. Defense could have played better but we rested to some guys in the second half and it almost bite us in the ass. But we won and that's all that really matters at this point.

The team is what it is. We are the Falcons from last year, but with a better defense. We're a ball-control offense that needs to play mistake-free to win. Considering where we were this time last year, I'll take that in a heartbeat. But this team is just in the beggining stages. Im egaer to see what Baalke has in store this off-season for improvements. I don't think ppl understand just how remarkable a turnaround this year was. We had ZERO prep time to install our sytems and get our players familar with the little intricate details of both schemes. Obviously it was a little easier defensively, sticking with the 3-4 but offensively, the switch to the WCO is not something to be taken lightly. We were basically learning on the fly. Imagine how we'll look with a complete off-season to install the entire playbook. To tweak certain elements in the offense to fit our personel better. To add players who fit the scheme better, now that we have actually game-film of our offense and defense and where we need to see improvement. We're just getting started. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, I'm VERY excited about the future. Im going to love sitting back and watching Baalke and Harbaugh develop this team into a yearly contender. Stop and smell the roses ppl.....
Closed Thread