Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading some of the quotes on Twitter from JT's presser. Shout out to TimBo, calling him most unselfish player he ever played with. Attributes learning "so much" from Zach. I miss those guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is a classic example of why I hate being a fan of this team. Yet again we are god awful but we don't suck enough to put ourselves in a position to get a high enough draft pick to matter. We get a decent prospect (in theory, that is unless we go all Dolphin with it and blow the selection with another Ted Ginn) but we're once again not bad enough to get an elite player. I don't have faith in our front office to pull off a trade to move up so we're giong to be stuck with another dismal year of QB play next season. I'm really starting to hate this team and the constant mediocrity. I'd rather us be epically bad and get that Andrew Luck/Matt Stafford/Cam Newton type of QB prospect instead of always picking 8-14 and looking for another veteran retread in the off-season who'll win us just enough games to make sure that we don't get that prospect the following year. Rinse and repeat...again. 12 years of this crap. I was hoping this year was going to change things, but I forgot that this is the Miami Dolphins, and that's how we roll.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be quite in interesting offseason boys and girls. Time to sit back and watch it unfold. Now that we will have the 8th or 9th pick, we NEED to trade up to the 2nd spot so we can grab the great RG3. I dont care what we give up, its time to be aggressive on getting ourselves a franchise QB and I think Ireland and Ross will try their damnest to do that.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems every Dolphins fan wants Jeff Fisher since it appears Gruden and Cowher have both already said no thanks and refused to interview. Hearing Fisher has interview tomorrow morning. How does everyone here feel about him?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be a good hire and could bring some much needed stability to this franchise. He's experienced, knows what he's doing and is a winner. Sign me up! The only down fall if we do land Fisher is Nolan will likely be gone and the defense will switch to a 4-3. But other then that, he fits the bill of what we are looking for and need. Ross will throw the money at him so no problem with that its just how well Ross and Ireland can sell Fisher to the Dolphins.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

I think Fisher would be an excellent hire, but to me the key to this offseason is landing the QB. In my mind, I think Ross's plan involves one of 2 guys. Either Luck or Manning. Since I don't see Indy trading the #1, I think they are going to target Manning. I can see the Colts letting him go and he is just the type of box office, frontline star this team needs. (Obviously, health permitting). I would pursue that avenue. Fisher, Manning, resign Soliai and a solid draft with some help on the OL, a pass rusher and some depth, and this team is a division champ next yr. (and we can give a big FU to the Jets)...
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Looks very doubtful that Fisher will be coming here. Looks like he will be named the Rams HC by early next week. So there you have it...Ross has struck out again.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without a quality QB in place or the ability to draft one I'm not at all surprised we haven't been able to lure a good coach for this team. Until we fix that position we're going to be stuck picking from the lists of co-ordinators around the league.

Mike Mularky is supposed to be interviewing for the position which I would be a fan of. I realize his stint here as OC didn't go over well but he didn't have a lot to work with on that team. I think we have better pieces in place now instead of asking him to resurrect Daunte Culpepper. Mularkey can get the running game going and with Bush and Thomas as well as some good run blocking he can accent the strength of our offence if he gets the job.

Joe Philbin, Green Bay's OC has also been contacted. I wouldn't be opposed to that either as it might give us a leg up in aquiring Matt Flynn.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

From what I've been reading, it looks like Fisher to St. Louis isnt a done deal like I thought. Its "supposedly" a 50/50 of where he lands and "suposedly" the Dolphins are gonna make one last final push to get him to come here. This team NEEDS a experienced coach like Fisher, please football Gods be on our side this time.

But if the football Gods want to tease us once again the Dolphins are going to be interviewing Mike Zimmer later this week and that is the guy I want. I cant believe I havent thought of that before. Either him or Pete Carmichael would be a good backup option.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

And now it looks like we're the favorites for Fisher again. Supposedly making his decision today. Glad Mularkey to the Jags happened so we definitely won't be getting him if Fisher picks the Rams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Many reports coming out that we got Fisher.

In other news, Sparano to the Jets as offensive coordinator. Many already speculating that he could be looking to sign Henne to push Sanchez, Colombo to replace Hunter at RT, and Ronnie Brown to replace LT when he retires. Classic.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha he did the same thing with bringing ex-Cowboys here so I'm not shocked.

Fisher is still torn between us and St. Louis apparently. Fisher and RG3 lets GOOOOOOOOOO.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Rumors going around that Ross as upped his offer over the last few days and is offering Fisher atleast 8 million per year along with the title of Executive Vice President.

So if this is true I dunno what the hell is taking Fisher so long to accept this offer.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

This ******* Jeff Fisher drama is getting on my last never. Hurry up and make up your mind damn it.

On a side note, I will be working quite often and I hate digging through twitter and the rest of the junk when I get home to see what all went on with the whole Jeff Fisher thing while I was away. And frankly I get bored of it. So if I could to my fellow Dolphins fans, message my number to you and text me updates of whats all going on?

Last edited by Da-Phins : 01-12-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

yea, i'm really sick of this too. Being someone that isn't exactly enamored with Fisher in the first place, the waiting game he's putting both teams through is really annoying. If I were in charge, I would have already moved on as its clear he isn't exactly enamored with either job. I'll let you know if/when I see if he makes a decision.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Thanks bro. Here's hoping for some good news later.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Soooo....Mike Zimmer now?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

And now we're down to Mike McCoy, Joe Philbin, and Todd Bowles, in that order supposedly. McCoy has experience with Moore, Philbin could bring the Packers with him (Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Donald Driver, and Matt Flynn all FAs). Not saying I want all of them but just saying. Sounds to many that Bowles is really being re-interviewed in order to convince him to stay on as AHC/DC and that both McCoy and Philbin are willing to agree to that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Meh, not excited about any of those three. All I see is another 2-4 years of being a mediocre team at best. Ross really screwed up letting Fisher get away.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I'm not thrilled with any of those options either. I'm slightly in favor of Philbin but I would rather get Pete Carmichael but that looks like a pipe dream. This team continues to spin their tires and we'll have another 3 years of the same old thing until we move on to the next head coach to repeat the cycle again. I think that as long as Ross is in charge this is what we'll be faced with.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Sounds an awful lot like we're getting McCoy. I feel the same way I did about Penn State picking Bill O'Brien. After all the guys that were supposedly rumored, you ended up with him? That being said, I'll get behind whoever our coach ends up being because I'm a homer and that's what I do haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Joe Philbin hired as our new coach. I like this a lot more than hiring McCoy. The fact he comes from a winning organization and can try to instill that same culture here is a positive. I'm also happy that he's developed a good offence and has some pieces in place already to do the same here. I think this means we are likely look at an athletic TE in the draft, I can't remember the time that we had a TE that can serve as an offensive weapon. Coby Fleener in the 2nd round would be amazing! Fasano is not that guy. After working with Finley in Green Bay I'd like to hope that we would catch up with the rest of the league and realize that the position plays a much more important part of the offence than it used to. Hopefully this move also puts us in a good position to bring in Matt Flynn.

Philbin + Flynn + Reiff + Fleener = a vastly improved offence.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

So Joe Philbin it is. Been hearing alot of positive things about him but we'll see how he does. His character reminds me of Tony Dungy.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Happy we got Philbin given the final three options. Just saw a rumor saying he will struggle to put together a quality coaching staff because he's only ever been in Green Bay and its unlikely they will let him take too many of their coaches. Kinda hoping Tampa passes on Sherman now so he can be our OC, he's got lots of connections and could recommend some people. Winston Moss not getting the Oakland job could also be a benefit in case this Cincinnati coach we are interviewing doesn't work out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

We tendered Murtha and Merling, Murtha at the 2nd round level and Merling at the original round. Both are expected to sign their tenders immediately. Ryan Baker and Lex Hilliard weren't tendered.

@BenVolinPBP Both signed their contracts. Murtha will make $1.927 mil, Merling gets $1.26 mil. Lex Hilliard and Ryan Baker not offered RFA tenders

sig by BoneKrusher