Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-30-2011, 05:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Not really. Arenas is 3rd in the NFL in punt return average, Colquitt is a top 10 punter and Succop came one kick shy of breaking the franchise record for kicks made in a row.

Our coverage units need help, but our ST's has actually won us games too (see SD season opener in 2010 and Vikings game this season).
Colquitt is a great punter. Succop is a very good kicker. Hoffman has little to do with what they do on a game to game basis.

He does, however, have everything to do with making sure we're in the right position with the correct personnel on every punt or kickoff. It's also his job to make sure our coverage teams don't blow.

In that regard he is an average ST coach. At best. We can do better.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how you can fire Muir. It sounded like a big clusterf*ck in terms of play calling. I don't think you can overlook the impact that JC's injury had on our offense as well. I mean, everyone in the NFL has injuries, but that's a major, major drop off when you have to hand the ball off to jackie battle and Thomas Jones..after haley was fired, on a short week we beat and dominated the packers. That game had excellant playcalling. Also, I think Muir did have an offensive line with Barry Richardson, and still had the number one rushing attack this year. Your two biggest playmakers on offense go down in a matter of four weeks, I don't think someone should get fired due to that and the playcalling junk.

And the reason people have destroyed our defense is because we have Sabby Piscatelli as our safety(I know we switched to langsford, but he got roasted by Moore in the raiders game as well), Eric Berry wouldn't have allowed that **** to happen.

Granted, these things added up to those loses and blowouts. But I'm so tired of all these changes at the coaching staff level, it can't be good for our players. I thought we wanted to be like the steelers or something, they never fire guys.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of ST...Succop just got PAID
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Succop is a good kicker. He deserved a long term deal.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Succop is a good kicker. He deserved a long term deal.
Speaking of extensions, what are the chances of Resigning D-Bo and Carr?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If I had to guess, I'd say franchise Bowe and re-sign Carr.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's been the plan all along. Hopefully Bowe doesn't take offense to it.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think that's been the plan all along. Hopefully Bowe doesn't take offense to it.
he seems like a player that would let a contract issue get in the way of his performance on the field. i would question his ability to keep focused on the game when he feels he's being slighted by the front office. i dont really have any hard evidence to make this a true statement. just moreso a gut feeling.

on the other hand, the Chiefs will have plenty of money to spend. if they felt it necessary, they should be able to sign ANYONE they believe could help get this team back to the playoffs.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have felt since last year after his break out season that Bowe's contract extension could get ugly.

I love me some Bowe but would not be shocked if this ends up being a hassle.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs signed LB Brandon Siler to a 1 year extension
Old 12-31-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Chiefs signed LB Brandon Siler to a 1 year extension
Not a surprise. They wanted to see what he could do and he was hurt in the preseason.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Goodbye Bill Muir. Just an awful job calling the game today. Awful. We need a legitimate OC.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Romeo officially locked up the job today IMO.He was 2 blocked FG's away from going 3-0 and winning divison
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

tbh I'm not sure he was in danger of not getting the job, but Muir absolutely needs to go.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
tbh I'm not sure he was in danger of not getting the job, but Muir absolutely needs to go.
true but if there was any doubt it's officially gone
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I realize a lot was Muir but am I the only one who thinks the offense was never the same after Bowe got hurt?200+yards total O before and not even 100 after
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Chiefs!!!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Thanks Chiefs!!!
Hey, you're welcome buddy!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, you're welcome buddy!
Not only do you help us get into the playoffs, but you also may have hammered the final nail in the Tebow myth!!!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The passing game is pretty pathetic considering they've actually had good protection the last three games and the receivers they have to work with. This team just slid by the 200 point mark today. With the weapons they have, this team should be hitting 350 with ease.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching this team, it's very easy to see that the offensive line needs to be our priority with our first round pick. With Luck and RG3 becoming a pipe dream, it makes complete sense.
Lilja played really today and is decent. I honestly think he'll be the starter next year. I think we need to draft a Jonathan Martin or Zebrie Sanders to replace Richardson (who was beaten like a rag doll today).
Replacing Weigmann with Hudson is going to be a HUGE upgrade as Hudson is 15 lbs heavier and can consistently block bigger DT's/NT's. I would be okay with this line next year.

LT-Albert
LG-Lilja/draft a backup for depth
C-Hudson
RG-Asamoah
RT-Martin or Sanders

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The line was actually pretty solid today and has been the last 3 games. They just don't utilize the weapons they have very well. But, yeah...they need someone who is consistent at RT and they need TE depth to keep one in to block in certain situations. They've lacked that this year. Lilja has really struggled at LG this year. Really thought he'd be fine over there. I think that's the biggest surprise.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

just saw that last year the Chiefs defense ranked 14th overall and 11th in scoring.This year? 11th overall and 12th in scoring....mow just imagine Eric Berry back there and not Piscatelli
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
just saw that last year the Chiefs defense ranked 14th overall and 11th in scoring.This year? 11th overall and 12th in scoring....mow just imagine Eric Berry back there and not Piscatelli
Not to mention the offense didn't put the defense in too many bad spots last year, but that certainly was not the case this year.

This is one of the better teams in the NFL with a good playcaller, a solid off-season, and a healthy Cassel, Charles, Moeaki, and Berry.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just stop already. Cassel is going to hurt this team more than help them. So will Orton.

Get ready for another long year Chiefs fans.