Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Idk why all the hate on Spikes, he's looked very good when he was healthy this year.
He's been out there, that's for sure. Wouldn't say he's been good though. Decent, but I like some of the things Fletcher is able to do athletically a lot more than what Spikes has shown.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Spikes when he's blitzing. That dude's a stud missile.
With Carter out, we need pressure from anywhere we can get it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a lot more impressed with Fletcher as a pass rusher. He did some real nice things in that area last week, with Moore making a great play to get out of a huge stop for loss of yardage.

Spikes doesn't have the closing speed to be a factor there, Fletcher does.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehhh I've been much more impressed with Spikes than with Fletcher. Spikes might be slower, but he's much more of a force when taking on blockers and filling gaps. Also I don't think Tebow scores that first td against us if that were spikes wrapping him up. Idk Fletcher hasn't made any real standout plays the way I think Spikes has (which isn't much either tbh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chung's a hammer!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Cool special teams guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chung back in?!?! YAYAYAYAY.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhhh here we go again. We seriously are not going to stand a chance in the playoffs with our defense playing like it is. Were going to need Brady to score every single drive.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******** call leading to a TD.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We got screwed a bit there, but the worst play on that drive far and away was Stevie Johnson toasting McCourty with all of like 2 feet between him. He got behind him like it was nothing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm telling you guys, pay attention to Fletcher. He's doing things.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

This pass defense is worse than Washington U...
Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We've been burned in both man and zone so far. Just pathetic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I want to cry right now haha. There's just no hope for this defense.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Alright, let's thank Miami for being so painfully mediocre, but good at the right times.

The real season starts in two weeks. It's put up or shut up(better yet, hire a defensive coordinator) this year for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of the "FU" points at the end of this game.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Go Bengals and Broncos.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good chance if we wanna win the Superbowl we're gonna have to beat Pittsburgh, Baltimore and then GB/NO or SF. That's not easy. If our offense clicks though I don't think Pitt can keep up, Baltimore can't and then the SB against either GB or NO would be awesome for any lover of offense.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ehhh I've been much more impressed with Spikes than with Fletcher. Spikes might be slower, but he's much more of a force when taking on blockers and filling gaps. Also I don't think Tebow scores that first td against us if that were spikes wrapping him up. Idk Fletcher hasn't made any real standout plays the way I think Spikes has (which isn't much either tbh).
The one that Ninkovich failed to make?

Fletcher makes standout plays every game. He's usually a guy that guesses the snap count and shoots an open gap every game.

Dane Fletcher is awesome for us.

Spikes needs to stay healthy though. He's the best 2 down linebacker we have on this team.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We got screwed a bit there, but the worst play on that drive far and away was Stevie Johnson toasting McCourty with all of like 2 feet between him. He got behind him like it was nothing.
The worst play was where McCourty seemed to not even get off the ball when it was snapped. Had Fitzpatrick put the ball with a touch more air in it, it was a TD, easy.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know why the DB's play so far off the receivers? Is that scheme or lack of confidence? Looking to the future, I'm thinking an elite safety would go a long way in helping this defense, although it doesn't appear that guy is in this draft; maybe FA...

Interestingly the Packers ended up statistically with a worse defense than we did; both are also far 'ahead' in worse pass defense. The Pats - rightly so, for the most part - get hammered for their porous defense, but rarely do I hear the same level of criticism against the Packers. That said, if (a huge if) they make it to the SB, I fear the outcome against the Saints or Packers.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The one that Ninkovich failed to make?

Fletcher makes standout plays every game. He's usually a guy that guesses the snap count and shoots an open gap every game.

Dane Fletcher is awesome for us.

Spikes needs to stay healthy though. He's the best 2 down linebacker we have on this team.
Haha opps yeah that one. disregard that part of my comment.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Anyone know why the DB's play so far off the receivers? Is that scheme or lack of confidence? Looking to the future, I'm thinking an elite safety would go a long way in helping this defense, although it doesn't appear that guy is in this draft; maybe FA...

Interestingly the Packers ended up statistically with a worse defense than we did; both are also far 'ahead' in worse pass defense. The Pats - rightly so, for the most part - get hammered for their porous defense, but rarely do I hear the same level of criticism against the Packers. That said, if (a huge if) they make it to the SB, I fear the outcome against the Saints or Packers.
Its a defensive philosophy. They are playing for field goals. They essentially let teams get into the red area and then tighten up a bit as the field has been shortened (less area to cover).

The thinking is Brady and Co. will score more if they contain the opponent to FGs. It works often for them, but not my preferred philosophy... But I guess we are the AFC top seed so I shouldn't question it too much. Ultimately it might work out against higher octane offenses but we'll see.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Both the Patriots and Jets at home this week. :D
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Anyone know why the DB's play so far off the receivers? Is that scheme or lack of confidence?
Trying to rely less on the crap at safety and because the current DBs are just not playing that well in press.