Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

Default Bengals Mock draft - Including compensation pick

Ok, let me know what you think of my picks. Don't know if we will pick two small school guys, but I've heard good things about both. The Jordan Palmer pick might be a stretch, but how cool would that be for Carson. :)

1. (18) Chris Houston CB Arkansas
2. (50) - Eric Weddle S Utah
No 3rd Round pick
4. (117) Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
5. (155) Michael Allan TE Whitworth
6. (192) Keith Jackson DT Arkansas
7. (228) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
7. (253) Jay Richardson DE Ohio State
Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

i love the first 2 picks, id pefer deshawn wynn somewhere in the 2nd day. Also, alot of people have already said, including Carson, that they wont be taking Jordan Palmer.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, I would rather see Wynn or Booker at 4. I think even the Bengals said he would not draft JP. So how about replacing that pick with the QB from ML's alma mater - Idaho St whos name escapes me.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

The QB for Idaho State is Matt Gutierrez (transfer from Michigan).
Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Wynn or Booker... Good for both this year and next (I doubt Perry comes back in '08).

Love the 1st two picks.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first two picks are the best. Give us Wynn in 4. I like him more than Booker
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Remember, Booker is the guy whose apartment Nicholson broke into. Not that that really menas anything but for me, Booker is to small. I like Wynn more even tho he's never done much of anything.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
Remember, Booker is the guy whose apartment Nicholson broke into. Not that that really menas anything but for me, Booker is to small. I like Wynn more even tho he's never done much of anything.
Booker actually wrote a letter to the judge to lessen Nicholsons sentence so it appears they have made up.

I do like Wynn more as well.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I would think that if we were able to trade down maybe with NE at 24, we could pick up their 3rd rd choice. At 24, I think we could still get a Houston or Michael Griffin. In the 2nd rd, of course depending on who we get in rd 1, I would also go DB be it Safety or CB. In Rd 3, A big DT, LB or even I may think about offense and get a O-lineman or a TE. The rest is just BPA in my mind. I do like DeOssie; smart, fast and good character. Michael Allen is a good TE choice for late in the draft also.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my dream bengals draft

1-Lawrence Timmons
I know its a reach, and i used to hate him. But the more i watch and read about him, i just know that he will be a star and if the bengals dont take him, they will regret it
2. Josh Wilson or Fred Bennet
Wilson has great speed and bennet has great upside and comes from a school that has produced good corners of late (Sheldon Brown, JJ, and Robinson)
4.Josh Gattis

late rounders- doug datish, lorenzo booker, chris henry, david patterson, Yamon Figurs, Jon abbate

^those are just guys i like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

For today.....tomorrow it will all change.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

I think 18 could be early for Puz. And I dont like Zabransky.
But the rest would be amazing. I really like the Wendling and Celek picks
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

we need to avoid players with bad character, so ill say no to wright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

Wright left USC becuase of a rape accusation (later dropped, but they did find some drugs). So no way we take him, just can't afford the bad press.

Did anyone see ESPN and the NFL Network had their "On the Clock" special on the Bengals the last couple days. They both said we will take an OL. ESPN said in the 2nd and NFL Network said the 4th. Don't know about that.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyBucks View Post
Wright left USC becuase of a rape accusation (later dropped, but they did find some drugs). So no way we take him, just can't afford the bad press.

Did anyone see ESPN and the NFL Network had their "On the Clock" special on the Bengals the last couple days. They both said we will take an OL. ESPN said in the 2nd and NFL Network said the 4th. Don't know about that.
Various drfat sites also have us taking OL, usually Ben Grubbs..hilarious, these guys are so out of touch with teams. ML has pretty much stated that day 1 will be defensive picks.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I would put our present O-line in the top 5 in the NFL and we are going to draft another???They are crazy. Defense!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

LOL I talk to other teams fans and say how while losing Steinbach hurts it's very easy to overcome... They then say it hurts because we have to spend a high draft pick in order to find his replacement oblivious to the fact that we have Andrews and Whitworth who are more than adequate.

If Levi stays healthy the offense will surpass the '05 level and I wouldn't doubt Carson taking home the MVP.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:06 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

Quote:
I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.
Yea, I saw that as well. But I know from past years, it seems like they use the site as a "smokescreen" on what their true draft plans are. Like you said, I hope it's true.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I don't think that rules out taking a LB at all. Two years ago we thought we were 'set' for many years but Odell's idiocy and Pollack's injury took care of that. Like the Whitworth pick last year, you can never have enough good players at one position. Landon is signed for one year only at this point I think and Odell cannot be counted on at this point. Taking that into account you have Brooks who is unproven, Miller who just started getting on the filed but has been injured, Johnson who has been steady but injury prone as well and then converted guys like Jeanty and Henderson. If EVERYTHING falls into place that could be a great group, but it also may not.

I believe the basic draft plan will be BPA on defense for sure in rounds one and two - after that probably just BPA but with a defensive leaning so to speak.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I think they absolutely must get a CB in the first 2 rds.