Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston Justice. I thought he was garbage and would never make it as a starting OT in the league despite being viewed by most as a top 15 talent.

I was also one of those who liked Andre Woodson. :/
Old 01-02-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what the people who are disappointed by DeAngelo were expecting. He's been excellent every year up until this one, where he started the season poor but finished strong. Dude has a career YPC over 5 and yea, some of that is busting long runs but no one hated on Chris Johnson for that

It wasn't until this year that I thought Stewart surpassed him and some of that may just be the offensive scheme changing

As a big fan of him in the draft he hasn't disappointed me at all as a Panther.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Dorin Dickerson. I ******* loved that guy. I suppose I can cut myself some slack on that after hitting big on Jermichael and Aaron Hernandez.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hits:
OLB- C.Barwin: Thought he'd look good in NE. Looks like I was right
RB- J.Charles: Loved him in TX. Though, his breakout season was better than I ever imagined. Hopefully he recovers fully
ILB- D.Johnson: This one is a mix. I thought he'd be a stud @ OLB.
RB- B.Jacobs: For a 4th rdr, Giants all time rush TD leader
RB- A.Peterson: He's here only bc of the R.Bush vs AD debates. I thought they were ridiculous. I thought AD was going talked about as the greatest ever and thought R.Bush would be what he was this year. No brainer.

Misses:
QB- Akili Smith: Thought he was going to be what McNabb turned into to
QB- B.Quinn: smh
QB- M.Stafford: "How's a 50% college compl percentage going to translate to NFL? It won't"
OLB/DE- V.Gholston: Yea, I thought he'd save the Pats pass rush probs
WR- S.Holmes: "Overrated won't do ****"
WR- C.Jackson: "Stud!!!"

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't really keep track of such things, so it's hard to remember. But I did say that Maroney would be a bust. I thought he was scared of contact and wouldn't fight for tough yards. His rookie year made me look way off, but he came back to where I had him quickly enough. I got a lot of flak for that when I posted it, but I seem to have been right.

As for misses, I do recall that I thought Lavelle Hawkins would be a better pro than Desean Jackson. Heh. Also, I thought the Titans did well when they landed Andre Woolfolk!
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll try to dig through my memory:

I loved Maroney coming out of Minnesota(still think he could play in a better system for RBs)

I LOVED Rashaan Slaaam coming out of Colorado, thought he could be the next Barry Sanders, oops.

I hated Matt Ryan, oops.

I didn't like run DMC at all (actually preferred Peyton Hillis, which in hind sight isn't that bad of an idea)

OHHHHHHH Everette Brown, that kid looked like he was going to be a top shelf speed rusher in the NFL. I knew he was inconsistent with effort, but I thought he'd really try when he got paid, especially after getting 'snubbed' out of the first round.

Offensive lineman, someone like Chris Williams, I think that was his name. I thought he was going to be a stud RT.

I liked Sam Baker which went from good, to bad, to awful.

I hated Brady Quinn, bingo

I liked Shady McCoy,bingo

Last year I loved DeMarco Murray and was kicking and screaming for him to go to the Falcons. Before the injury, that was a major bingo.

So many more I'm sure but that's enough for now.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ericzedwards
Rookie

ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.

I loved Brady Quinn so damn much that I'm still not ready to admit he couldn't be good if ever given another chance. Probably the most pathetic hope I've ever clung to.

On the hits side, I thought Jamarcus was a waste of life. Which probably just stemmed from my Quinn love rather than from any actual evaluation.

Others:
-Missed on JPP. Thought he was just a workout freak. Didn't think he'd actually be able to play NFL football.
-Missed big on Clausen (my Notre Dame redemption pick), although I hated Bradford and right now it's not obvious that he can play either.
-I thought Geno Atkins would be one of the best DTs from the 2010 Draft and, with 8 sacks this year, it's looking like perhaps I was right on that one.
ericzedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved:
Brandon Graham
Jerry Hughes
Everette Brown
Larry English
Randy Moss
Abdul Hodge
Jason Worilds
Jerome Simpson
Robert Meachem
DeMarcus Ware
Beanie Wells
Mikel Leshoure
Titus Young
Sean Taylor
Kenny Phillips
Brandon Merriweather
Randall Cobb
Barry Sanders
Derrick Thomas

Liked:
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Hawk
Lawrence Maroney
Brian Brohm

Didn't like:
Greg Jennings
Clay Matthews (for the price)
Matt Flynn
Jamarcus Russell
Cam Newton
Tony Mandarich
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez
Jordy Nelson
Josh Freeman
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bored, so I'm thinking about this again with most of the 2012 season in the books:

Hits

Doug Martin was one of my favorite prospects in the 2012 draft.
I was all about T.Y. Hilton, too.
I had Robert Turbin, Russell Wilson and Jaye Howard all sig-mocked to the Seahawks (admittedly, not all simultaneously).
Had Russell Wilson ranked behind Tannehill and ahead of Weeden (Should've been another QB in the first round, eh?)
Was convinced Sam Bradford would be mediocre.
Thought Aldon Smith could do whatever he wanted at Mizzou and had my money on him for the NFL.
Loooved Cameron Jordan. Was so pissed when the Saints took him the spot ahead of us.

Misses

I thought CJ Spiller was going to suck.
Thought Mark Ingram would be more like Doug Martin. But this could be the Saints.
Thought Dontari Poe was fool's gold, but I've been hearing mostly positive things about him.
Thought Von Miller was a workout warrior who'd get knocked around by NFL lineman who didn't care how fast he was.
Didn't believe the JPP hype.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry English is supposed to be a dominant force :( , I did say Joe Morgan was a super sleeper and would be a great deep ball guy and he's becoming that in New Orleans.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think Bradford would stay healthy and quested his development behind an elite line at OU. Hit.

Thought Jimmy Clausen was a winner despite his poor record (terrible defense). Big miss.

Was huge on Cam Newton. Hit.

Thought Mark Ingram would be a stud RB. Miss

Thought Matt Ryan would be crap. Miss (though, if he doesn't win a playoff game, Tim Tebow will have won more...)

I thought Tebow would find his home at a skill position. Hit?

I wouldn't have touched Dez Bryant.

I was a huge fan of Doug Martin (one of the first probably...).

I wasn't a big fan of Taylor Mays until the end when I thought he was at least smarter than Roy Williams...

Thought Eugene Monroe and Michael Oher were much better than Jason Smith. Andre Smith too. (was a big fan of Andre Smith)

I loved Tyron Smith. I would have given up quite a bit to get him.

I had Kirk Cousins' as a first rounder. Sadly, I didn't think Russell Wilson was even a mid rounder.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest hits?

I stated on the old Buccaneer.com message board that JaMarcus Russell would eat himself out of the league within 5 years. He lasted four, perhaps not eating himself, but purple dranking himself out of the league.

I also blasted Glenn Dorsey for not being explosive enough to ever be a star in the NFL (I think he ran 5.28, and didn't jump well, which for a smallish DT, was a huge concern to me) while saying Chris Long would be a very good DE.

It's well known around here, how much on Colin Kaepernick's jock two drafts ago. I called him Randall Cunningham 2.0, Cam Newton-lite, etc. I may have underestimated him, but I'll still call it a hit.

I really liked Doug Martin last season and stated that the difference between he and Trent Richardson was extraordinarily small and that anybody that would take Richardson in the top 5 deserved to be fired. Wow, I hit on all of those statements except the difference between Martin and RIchardson being small. Apparently, at this point, the difference between the two is fairly obvious (just not the way most thought).

On the Bucs team board I stated how much I hated the Gerald McCoy draft selection and everybody told me I had no clue what I was talking about, didn't know anything, etc.... It's year 3 and McCoy MIGHT be above average, and not close to elite, which is what I had stated.

Also on the old buccaneers.com message board. There was a debate on the best QB in college. People were debating Bradford vs. Clausen vs. Tebow vs. McCoy and I boldly stated that the best QB in college right then was Stanford redshirt freshman Andrew Luck. Little did I know that RG3 was already at Baylor so there is a chance I was wrong there... but I was a lot closer than those other fools. :)

I hated Gaines Adams with a passion. Here was a 6th year senior that took until year 5 to win a starting job and despite being 24 and playing against 20 year olds, he actually dominated. I hate overaged prospects on the lines. Danny Watkins, and Peria Jerry were other objects of my wrath. (I also stated that no team in their right mind would draft a 28 year old rookie QB).

Vernon Gholston-I just didn't see it. I didn't think he'd be a huge bust, but I saw about 10 or so total tackles in his last year that weren't behind the LOS and wondered if he had any motor at all.

My misses?
How much room do I have here?

I hated Matt Ryan. Thought he didn't have the arm strength, mobility, and the right mental acuity to be a great one. He still isn't great. But I said his ceiling was Chad Pennington and if he was lucky, Phillip Rivers.

Jamaal Anderson- I said would be the second coming of Mario Willams and Julius Peppers. I really wanted the Bucs to draft him instead of Gaines Adams... my final wish for that draft ended up being Patrick Willis so there is a little saving grace there.

Trevor Laws- I thought he would be a dominant DT in the NFL.

Philip Merling- Really liked him coming out of Clemson.

Adrian Peterson- I said that if he couldn't stay healthy in college, there was no way he could stay healthy in the NFL. Still preferred him over Gaines Adams, however.

Andy Dalton- I didn't like him very much coming out of TCU. I stated his ceiling was Brian Griese... turns out Brian Griese had some pretty good years before getting booted out of Denver. In my defense, I didn't like Christian Ponder either.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs related... I hated Michael Clayton, I wanted Tommie Harris and then when he went a pick earlier, I wanted Steven Jackson.

I didn't like Cadillac at all, thought I was wrong after the first 3 games of his career, turns out those first 3 games were the high point of his career.

Hated drafting an OG in round 1, David Joseph. I wanted Chris Johnson... as a 3rd down RB and WR.

Already talked about my passionate hate over Gaines Adams as a prospect, I wanted Patrick Willis.

Didn't think for a second the Bucs would draft CB Aqib Talib... right off hand I can't remember who I wanted (probably a DL).

There were others that i mostly right on but my anger over their terrible choices may have clouded my mind...

Ohh, recently I didn't like the selecton at all of McCoy (though he was no better than an above average prospect, wanted to trade down) and Adrian Clayborn, a LDE-type that could only play RDE (wanted Cameron Jordan).. actually wanted Aldon Smith, then Ryan Kerrigan, then JJ Watt.. but they were gone. Didn't like Clayborn at all.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 2012 draft preferences so far looks like my best ever. My 4 favorite prospects for the Patriots are already above average in the NFL.

Harrison Smith
Janoris Jenkins
Chandler Jones
Kevin Zeitler

I was also a fan of Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, and Mychal Kendricks who are all contributing.

There are a few misses. I thought Gilmore was massively overdrafted, but he's been good for the Bills. Poe has been better than I thought as well. Steven Hill and Shea McClellin haven't set the world on fire, and both were high on my board.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hits:
- Aaron Rodgers: I was screaming for the bucs to take him back in 2005. I knew he was better the best qb in that draft and it was a shame he fell that far.
- Ryan Kerrigan; another guy I wanted the bucs to move up for. He was just a pure football player with ggreat instincts.
- Jamarcus Russell: I just didn't see an nfl qb. Only had a big arm. I actually had Quinn rated #1 that year but wasn't a fan of him either.
- I said all along Bradford was nothing more than an average qb.
Misses:
- josh freeman: I liked him a lot coming out of college but he hasn't developed into a franchise qb. Erratic and can't beat good teams.
- Aldon smith: though he was too raw and said he wasn't a fit in 3-4 defense. Boy was I wrong.
-
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hits:
Like everyone i thought JaMarcus Russell was gonna be useless
I thought AJ Green could become pro bowl calibre in his first three years
I thought Ingram was a square peg in a round hole with the saints
I thought Vontae Davis would be too much of a me-first player to ever amount to a great player
I thought Sam Bradfords lack of armstrength would hurt him as a player

Misses
I liked both Notre Dame QBs and especially Clausen coming out
I thought all four 2009 first round OTs could pan out and probably would
I thought Linvall Joseph would be amazing
I thought Clay Matthews would be the least of that batch of USC linebackers

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallery, Barden, Beatty, Sed Ellis, Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, Jamaal Anderson and Brian Price come to mind as big whiffs on my part, but I'm sure there's many others.

I did love Cutler over Leinart and Young, and disliked both JR and Quinn in that draft, so at least I do better with QBs. Sam Bradford will be the ultimate test of that though cause I thought he would be doing what Luck has pulled off this year, and I guess Bradford did in his first year, dragging a terrible Rams team to barely missing the playoffs, but I figured he'd be a guy who started decently and just kept improving, rather than the kid who's still been unable to match that rookie year success that we have now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, JPP, I was one of 3 giants fans on this board happy with the pick and was extremely excited when we got him, I didn't expect him to be as good as he already is as fast as he's gotten there, but I did think he would one day be special.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed:

I never thought Von Miller was close to being worth a top 10 pick. I believe I actually described him as a rich man's Tully Banta-Cain. I think it's safe to say I'll have my crow medium rare on that one.

I LOVED Sederick Ellis. I thought he could be the top player from that draft. I also thought Derrick Harvey was going to be really good.

I wanted the Pats to land Ziggy Hood so badly a few years ago. I thought he had potential somewhere in the middle of Richard Seymour and Ty Warren.

Adam Carriker was another 5 technique that I really liked.

Aaron Ross was the best CB in the 2007 draft. Yip I thought that.

Brandon Graham was the best pass rusher in the 2010 draft. Yip I thought that.

Also loved Sergio Kindle that year (before finding out he had no knees)

Rob Gronkowski...do not want - thought he would never get over his back injury

Hits:

Thought Laron Landry was an overrated piece of ****

DHB??? Does he count seeing as only the Raiders thought he was going to be a star?

Peria Jerry - old and injury prone

Rey Mauluaga was going to be the worst of the 3 USC LBs

Thought Rolando McClain was way overdrafted. Thought he would be better than he is but never worth close to the pick he was taken from

Geno Atkins - steal

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Hits:
Brandon Flowers
Earl Thomas
Ryan Matthews
Blaine Gabbert
Rob Gronkowski
Casey Hayward

Misses:
Patrick Lee
Jimmy Clausen
Knowshon Moreno
Rey Maualuga
Ernie Sims

Jury Still Out:
Cameron Jordan (Rated highly)
Jake Locker (Rated in top 3)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
Hits:

Blaine Gabbert- I was pretty adamant on the Jags' forum that I didn't want Blaine because of a lot of things I saw from him in college that are showing up now. Was really, REALLY hoping we'd get Locker instead.

Then obviously you need to add Locker to misses.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog0123 View Post
Jury Still Out:
Cameron Jordan (Rated highly)
I was a little concerned his rookie year, but he's come on in a big way this year. I expect him to really come into his own his third season, although I didn't expect it to take this long. If the jury's still out, I think they're about ready to submit a "hit" verdict.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hits:

Aaron Rogers - I thought he was the best prospect in his draft year and a lot better then ...
Alex Smith - Ok, maybe he is starting to turn it around lately, but I never understood why he was a 1st overall pick
Maurice Jones Drew - I love short and stocky RBs. They are so difficult to tackle, especially with great quickness and speed.
Ray Rice - See MJD.
Mark Sanchez - He was still raw when he left USC and rarely do raw QB prospects become stars in NFL.
Joey Harrington - I never got the hype. He had 57% completion as a Senior. He got picked in the top 5 because of "intangibles"?
Donald Brown - At that time I was still giving Bill Polian a benefit of the doubt, but I kinda knew that 2,000 yards in Big East is not 1st round worthy.

Misses:

Matt Leinart - I was definitely on his bandwagon.
Tony Ugoh - Again, this was when I viewed Bill Polian as draft genius.
Jimmy Kennedy - He has played in the league for 8 years, but never the player I was almost certain he would become.
Wendell Bryant - I was kind of upset that Colts picked Freeney over Bryant, boy was I ever wrong here.

Last edited by MaxV : 12-23-2012 at 07:28 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Hits:
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
MJD
Aldon Smith
Gabbert
Patrick Willis
Adam Carriker
Julio Jones
Alex Smith

Misses
Brandon Graham
Ricky Stanzi
Robert Gallery
Manny Lawson
Brian Bulaga
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hits

- I consistently maintained that the Cowboys should've taken JJ Watt. No matter who else was there.

- Loved Muhammad Wilkerson. His length and wingspan stood out to me.

- Said Earl Thomas would be better than Berry. It's unfortunate Berry has been hurt, but even before the injury Thomas has been the better safety.

Misses

- Gabe Carimi, I never thought he would be a LT but I thought he could develop into a dominant RT. Just hasn't looked as good as I thought he would.

- Golden Tate, I thought he was overrated at ND. I have to admit he has really put together a solid year after a dismal rookie year.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I was a little concerned his rookie year, but he's come on in a big way this year. I expect him to really come into his own his third season, although I didn't expect it to take this long. If the jury's still out, I think they're about ready to submit a "hit" verdict.
Yeah, I was really worried after his rookie year. But he has 8+ sacks this year. If he can keep it up, he'll definitely be a hit.