Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Case Keenum vs Penn State

Keenum was absolutely surgical, throwing for 530 yards and zero interceptions. Great accuracy, and did a really nice job of escaping pressure from a talented Penn State defensive front all day.

Why does he get no love on this forum? The QB rankings on this site have him behind some pretty suspect quarterbacks, just curious why. No way Austin Davis, Kellen Moore or John Brantley are better NFL prospects.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may be better than them currently but he's widely considered as a "maxed out" prospect.

A good comparison would be a slightly better Graham Harrell. When a prospect is considered to have a ceiling of a reserve QB he isn't going to get a lot of attention.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This forum will rip him to bits over being a scheme QB much like Bradford and many before him. There is a history of scheme QBs not transferring to the NFL, the problem is, this is the new NFL, and that scheme can be run successfully in the NFL given the tools which we've seen glimpses of.

But everyone knows in the NFL come playoff time, you'd better come up with some sort of run game or you can forget it. If you're not balanced you're not likely to be consistent enough to win it all.

So I think that's why he's overlooked a lot here, and most places. Much like Colt Brennan, I mean hit lit up the NCAA record books, but it just doesn't translate.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Kellen Moore have a higher ceiling???
Old 01-03-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ericzedwards
Rookie

ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.

I will admit that I haven't watched many of Keenum's games, but for a VERY large percentage of his touchdown throws that I've seen in highlights this season, there hasn't been a DB within ten yards of his receiver. Now it's not Keenum's fault that the scheme works to such perfection to get receivers open, but I can't say that I've seen him have to make many NFL-level throws yet. Again, I haven't seen many of his games, so I'll have to investigate further.
ericzedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't have the arm strength, every single one of his throws were floaters. He also drops his shoulders and telegraphs his passes. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL. Like the guy above me said, his receivers are completely open. I also have a problem with his throwing mechanics at times. It seems like he falls backwards. It seems like he's still accurate, but without RPMs on his throws he's going to be toast. Backup potential, but 3rd string is more likely.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

He throws the ball about as hard as my 6 year old son... If he had a rocket laser arm on him he'd be a much better prospect, but he throws floaters all over the field... Nothing wrong with putting some touch on your passes but those types of throws will not be completions in the NFL.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Keenum was absolutely surgical, throwing for 530 yards and zero interceptions. Great accuracy, and did a really nice job of escaping pressure from a talented Penn State defensive front all day.

Why does he get no love on this forum? The QB rankings on this site have him behind some pretty suspect quarterbacks, just curious why. No way Austin Davis, Kellen Moore or John Brantley are better NFL prospects.
This isn't meant as a knock on Keenum. PSU played with zero intensity. The players didn't want to go to that bowl and it showed. Escaping pressure?? There was no pressure and that's why he was able to dissect them. When teams went 5 wide on PSU's defensive front. PSU killed the qb. Not so yesterday.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

PSU didn't show up for understandable reasons, and didn't have the DEs or safeties to defend that kind of defense to begin with. Their DEs are generally terrible, and possibly their best DE went down with a shoulder separation, so a 3rd string DE who has barely played this year got way too many reps vs a team you don't want your first serious PT to come against.

I'd pretty much ignore this game in evaluating Keenum.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He doesn't have the arm strength, every single one of his throws were floaters. He also drops his shoulders and telegraphs his passes. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL. Like the guy above me said, his receivers are completely open. I also have a problem with his throwing mechanics at times. It seems like he falls backwards. It seems like he's still accurate, but without RPMs on his throws he's going to be toast. Backup potential, but 3rd string is more likely.
I totally agree, his mechanics are terrible.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks alot like Drew Brees at Purdue.

I think this guy could be the steal of the draft in the later rounds if some team takes him as a developmental prospect and he starts for a team later on down the road.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

system QB who puts up huge numbers but is not a guy who translates to the NFL at all. Not a good arm, likes to hit wide open guys, can't fit it into tight windows. Will be practice squad fodder for a couple years before finding work elsehwhere.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of inclined to say Patrick Edwards is a better Houston pro prospect than Case Keenum. Keenum is just throwing deep, floaty bombs to wide-open receivers all day. Really doesn't make any NFL throws. Doesn't have much zip on his throws at all. He's great as a college QB, but he just doesn't pass the eyeball test for me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Dree Brees part 2