Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Alabama vs LSU Discussion Thread

People are bitching just to ***** when in reality the two best teams in the nation will duke it out for a national title on January 9th and any real football fan would be stupid to not be extremely pumped up.

It's tough to go against LSU given what they've accomplished this season but I think I prefer Bama's offense.

This game is going to be so intense on every snap because one big play could make all the difference in what figures to be a low-scoring affair. It's not like Saints-Packers or something where a long passing TD just means the opposing QB gets the ball back to match quicker. Every single play is going to mean something.

And the kicking game obviously should be huge...

I'll say 38-31 Bama in overtime.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
People are bitching just to ***** when in reality the two best teams in the nation will duke it out for a national title on January 9th and any real football fan would be stupid to not be extremely pumped up.

It's tough to go against LSU given what they've accomplished this season but I think I prefer Bama's offense.

This game is going to be so intense on every snap because one big play could make all the difference in what figures to be a low-scoring affair. It's not like Saints-Packers or something where a long passing TD just means the opposing QB gets the ball back to match quicker. Every single play is going to mean something.

Troll has laid bait. Will anyone bite?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I won't watch the game in protest. I personally think it will be a huge disappointing game where 1 team is simply better prepared than the other and won't be shocked to see Alabama win on its second try which will prove absolutely nothing in my eyes.
I'll mark down 2012 as a year with no national championship team as I did when Nebraska was named national champions, the year Penn St. went undefeated with one of the greatest teams of all time.
For me, the BCS just became even a bigger joke with its incompetence.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-3 Tide. I didn't plan on watching any BCS games anyway. I'll stick with the minor ones just to get a look at draft prospects.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

I'm watching obviously as I like football.

I like LSU as long as Jarrett Lee doesn't see the field and they commit to the option look they showed a little in the last game. They don't need to score a lot of points, just play for field position, stop the run and wait for McCarron to make mistakes.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to see high scoring games so I think I'm going to watch the hockey game instead.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Double Post

Last edited by kalbears13 : 12-27-2011 at 02:27 AM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

You wouldn't happen to be Scotch-Korean, would you?

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Personally, I won't watch the game in protest. I personally think it will be a huge disappointing game where 1 team is simply better prepared than the other and won't be shocked to see Alabama win on its second try which will prove absolutely nothing in my eyes.
I'll mark down 2012 as a year with no national championship team as I did when Nebraska was named national champions, the year Penn St. went undefeated with one of the greatest teams of all time.
For me, the BCS just became even a bigger joke with its incompetence.
If LSU wins why would you mark it as a year with no NC team? They would have gone undefeated, and dominated the country. If Bama won I could understand your logic I guess, but I dont expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the final score will be 9-6, LSU in OT after a sloppy game. There is a pretty decent precedent to back up my prediction.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think the final score will be 9-6, LSU in OT after a sloppy game. There is a pretty decent precedent to back up my prediction.
Come on at least go out on a limb and say there'll probably be a whole load of missed field goals or something

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Come on at least go out on a limb and say there'll probably be a whole load of missed field goals or something
I went a little more broad by saying it will be a sloppy game. Missed FGs by...say Alabama's kicker for instance, would qualify as sloppy.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went a little more broad by saying it will be a sloppy game. Missed FGs by...say Alabama's kicker for instance, would qualify as sloppy.
Yeah, I'm not sure why but I would say more likely the 'Bama kicker to miss. Just something in my head that says it's possible

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

You wouldn't happen to be Scotch-Korean, would you?
They'll score most of those points in like 6 overtimes. The score after regulation will be 10-10.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to back up the Canadian here...

If Alabama beats LSU, it will prove absolutely nothing. This is why I did not want this game to happen. Alabama beating LSU 1 out of 2 times, not winning the SEC nor even the SEC West, does not make them national champions. That is just absolutely ludicrous, I'm sorry.

All that said.....I felt like the best player on the field in the first meeting was Trent Richardson. I think he'll lead the Tide to the win this time around in a game where the offenses will be able to move the ball a little better. I'm saying 23-17 type game here.

Still, I gotta say Geaux Tigers.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am cheering on LSU merely because I live in Louisiana. I am by no means a Tigers fan and I agree with many here in pointing out the problems with the BCS system as it presently stands.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll see more points this time around as teams have longer to prepare. Personally would rather have seen an undefeated Stanford or OSU in there but after they lost a game this matchup was inevitable.

As for those that arent going to watch i've said that before and always end up tuning in.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
I'm going to have to back up the Canadian here...

If Alabama beats LSU, it will prove absolutely nothing. This is why I did not want this game to happen. Alabama beating LSU 1 out of 2 times, not winning the SEC nor even the SEC West, does not make them national champions. That is just absolutely ludicrous, I'm sorry.

All that said.....I felt like the best player on the field in the first meeting was Trent Richardson. I think he'll lead the Tide to the win this time around in a game where the offenses will be able to move the ball a little better. I'm saying 23-17 type game here.

Still, I gotta say Geaux Tigers.
If the Steelers beat the Ravens in the AFCCG, do they not deserve to go to the Super Bowl? The Ravens already beat them TWICE.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely different system. That's playoffs.

If LSU loses to Bama, they still have a more impressive season as a whole.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Completely different system. That's playoffs.

If LSU loses to Bama, they still have a more impressive season as a whole.
It's not about who has the more impressive season schedule wise. It's about who wins the National Championship game. That's the great thing about this game; it clashes with the rest of college football. It's a one game playoff.

I'm excited about this game. After all the offensive outbursts we've seen so far in the bowl season, it will be nice to see some teams who have players who can play a little bit of defense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll watch. Meh, college football's "championship" system is stupid, and this year doesn't really make it any worse. I'd have preferred a new matchup, but whatever. I don't have this dying passion for college football, outside of being a draftnik.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's so surprising to hear that from people on a forum dedicated to football. I'm not trying to single out you specifically; I just find that sentiment curious. This is a great on the field match up. Throw out all the crap about the BCS and focus on the football game; it's a good one. People watch NFL teams play each other multiple times a year and don't complain. In fact, most of the leagues celebrated rivalries involve teams playing each other at least two times. I'm pretty sure that if Baltimore and Pittsburgh find a way to play each other again, that will be considered must see football for most. Don't tell me it's because those games count for more either; this one is for all the marbles, not just the right to advance to the AFC Championship game/Super Bowl. I can understand if you aren't a fan of the sport, but from a pure draftnik perspective, there's a ton to see here. You've got like a bajillion potential first round picks on the field.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

If Alabama wins with a last second FG or by a really small margin in a close game, shouldn't they give LSU a share of the national title since both teams with have 1-loss and both will have beaten each other once? It seems like if that scenario happens then it will really be another big black eye for the credibility of the BCS (as if they need another one).

This isn't like the NCAA tournament in March or the playoffs in any other sport where it's a rematch after both teams fought through playoff brackets - it's two teams being voted in and facing each other in a rematch so a split NC would be fair without question IMO, though I doubt it happens since the voters likely will vote the same in each poll.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's so surprising to hear that from people on a forum dedicated to football. I'm not trying to single out you specifically; I just find that sentiment curious. This is a great on the field match up. Throw out all the crap about the BCS and focus on the football game; it's a good one. People watch NFL teams play each other multiple times a year and don't complain. In fact, most of the leagues celebrated rivalries involve teams playing each other at least two times. I'm pretty sure that if Baltimore and Pittsburgh find a way to play each other again, that will be considered must see football for most. Don't tell me it's because those games count for more either; this one is for all the marbles, not just the right to advance to the AFC Championship game/Super Bowl. I can understand if you aren't a fan of the sport, but from a pure draftnik perspective, there's a ton to see here. You've got like a bajillion potential first round picks on the field.

Oh, I will definitely be thrilled to watch from a draft standpoint. I kinda do hope they have to end as co champions or something... that would be hilarious.

Anything that makes the BCS look ridiculous is great to me, haha.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's not about who has the more impressive season schedule wise. It's about who wins the National Championship game. That's the great thing about this game; it clashes with the rest of college football. It's a one game playoff.
Exactly. "Body of work" and all that stuff goes into who gets to the 1-game playoff. Once we're there - the idea is to get the two best teams (which we did) - and it's a Super Bowl. The regular season no longer matters. The Patriots had a more impressive body of work than the Giants in 07, but the Giants won the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Quote:
People just love to *****. Same with new NFL rules, same with the NFL kickoff rules. Like those rules are somehow killing the league. The NFL is ******* awesome. Kickoff moved back 5 yards for ******* SAFETY and people will whine. It's still an insanely entertaining product, defense DOES exist (49ers, Ravens?), and kickoff returns for TDs still happen.

Quote:
If Alabama wins with a last second FG or by a really small margin in a close game, shouldn't they give LSU a share of the national title since both teams with have 1-loss and both will have beaten each other once? It seems like if that scenario happens then it will really be another big black eye for the credibility of the BCS (as if they need another one).

This isn't like the NCAA tournament in March or the playoffs in any other sport where it's a rematch after both teams fought through playoff brackets - it's two teams being voted in and facing each other in a rematch so a split NC would be fair without question IMO, though I doubt it happens since the voters likely will vote the same in each poll.
No because Alabama will have defeated them in the CHAMPIONSHIP game. Body of work matters up until the POSTSEASON.