Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I still think Romeo gets the job this is a case of KC doing due dilligence and making sure noone else wows them
Crennel is over 65 and hardly a solution as a full time HC.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An less Romeo plans on playing on the field, I don't give a crap what his age is.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it looks like only 5 HC's were let go. Interesting, i thought more would be fired. Although Caldwell will likely be fired pretty soon anyways.

Looking at next year, assuming Caldwell is fired, the following HC's should be on the hot seat

-Reid (Lurie seemed to hint at it in his latest PC)
-Shannahan (2 losing seasons and 2 failed tries at a QB- doubt he survives a 3rd in either category)
-Frazier (don't care if it's only been 1 full year)
-Turner (just barely made it this year)
-Gailey (questionable hire from the start)
-Lovie Smith (i think he's a little underrated- Angelo seems to have whiffed on a lot of picks lately. But a new GM will probably want their own guy)

Of course not all of these guys will be fired, just some candidates who I don't think can survive a losing season. Maybe Pat Shurmur too but i think Holmgren gives him 3 years.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk how I feel about Lovie staying. Imo it should be a whole house cleaning...GM, HC and everybody.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Idk how I feel about Lovie staying. Imo it should be a whole house cleaning...GM, HC and everybody.
If we promote Ruskell from within, it won't be as big of deal. We did the whole "fire the GM, but leave the head coach" thing the last time. Kept Dick Jauron while hiring Angelo. So it's not exactly unprecedented in the organization.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was foolish to get rid of DeAngelo. They lost there Franchise QB and RB. Injuries happen. There is no way you could ask Caleb Hannie and Marion Barber to fill those shoes at the same level. Not the Coaches or GMs fault they lost there two star players on offense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I thought it was foolish to get rid of DeAngelo. They lost there Franchise QB and RB. Injuries happen. There is no way you could ask Caleb Hannie and Marion Barber to fill those shoes at the same level. Not the Coaches or GMs fault they lost there two star players on offense.
Like I've said before, someone was taking the fall. Angelo's drafts have been lousy lately. It didn't help that we had fewer picks because of the Cutler trade either, but he wasn't hitting on anything with the picks we did have. (Jarron Gilbert anyone? Dan Bazuin?)

If Cutler doesn't get hurt, with the way we were playing and the fact that we kept most of the games close even with our ****** backup QB, I think we would have went 12-4...11-5 maybe....10-6 at the worst...but definitely in the playoffs.

But injuries aren't an excuse in the NFL. They simply aren't.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention he always fails to address that abortion of an Offensive line.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Not to mention he always fails to address that abortion of an Offensive line.
This is our left tackle.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
What does age have to do with ANYTHING?if you can coach you can coach PERIOD.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
This is our left tackle.

BUT LOOK AT THAT TECHNIQUE!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The only reason he gets to display it there is because that's a linebacker who apparently didn't think of just running around him.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

His hand is a little too far outside..could potentially be a hold and he's standing a little too straight up lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think this picture hilariously sums up our season and I'm pretty sure Cutler completed that pass for a first down.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

There was a play where Cutler was going down, and one of the lineman...probably Webb...."held" him up so that he could get hit again.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one else thinks San Diego Special Teams Coordinator Rich Bisaccia deserves a shot to be a Head Coaching Candidate? I think he's got a bright future as a Head Coach. He's put in his time and is a hard nose coach that is a motivator who will get the best out of his players.

Opinions?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is SD keeping Nor really? The whole hes the best chance to win is ..bs
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Fisher was quoted saying "he was not interested in being the head coach of the Chiefs".

Splat is quoted saying "good".
Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/#!/schadjoe/statu...27775591346176

Don't know if this has been posted but...

Quote:
Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey turned down the chance to interview for the Colts general manager job.
Not exactly coaching change but found it interesting

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Dorsey is interested in any job other than the one he has now. I think he likes managing drafts, but doesn't want to take on full GM responsibilities; and he left Green Bay with Holmgren, and went back as soon as he could.

It's almost too bad, because he's been the genius behind Green Bays drafts dating back to the Wolf years. He would be higher on my want-list than McKenzie. There was a time when Dorsey was the logical choice to replace Ron Wolf in Green Bay.

Last edited by WCH : 01-04-2012 at 08:48 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Romeo Crennel is 64. Not a huge difference, but he definitely isn't "over 65".. all it took to confirm that was a quick trip to wikipedia too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bills GM Buddy Nix to retire after the 2012 Draft
http://networkedblogs.com/sjaxS
Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
This is too bad Nix was the real genius behind AJ Smith after he left SD they went down hill fast. He was also doing a damn good job as the Bills GM.
This has not been reported by anybody else and has been refuted by the Bills. Wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the end, but just so you know.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Romeo Crennel is 64. Not a huge difference, but he definitely isn't "over 65".. all it took to confirm that was a quick trip to wikipedia too.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+old+is+Romeo+Crennel%3F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...edly-favorite/

Jay Gruden is the favorite in Jacksonville, surprise surprise.

I'd just stay in Cincy for another year. That offense is only going to improve with continued development of Dalton and Green...ride it out for another year and then cherry pick a job next year that doesn't involve Blaine Gabbert.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Andy Reid will be the head coach of the San Diego Chargers in 2013.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote