Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK85 View Post
Easy the colts trade the 1st pick to the Redskins for their 2012 1st round pick, 2013 1st round pick, and 2013 3rd round pick.
The Redskins would be laughing if they pulled that off. It will take at least two number 1s and two number 2s to get the top pick.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Keeping Peyton for 1-2 years isn't about him being "done" after those years IMO. It just allows Luck to learn, and allows the team to be a real threat.... if Peyton is still good in 2 years or so... even better, trade him for a gold mine, and build around your 23 year old elite QB who is now 100% ready to go.

tldr version: If you hang on to both, you might get the best of competing now and rebuilding.
Yeah, keeping both is the way to go. And the last two years of Manning's contract are cake anyway. His contract is SOOOO front-loaded. He's getting like $69m of the $90m in the first 3 years. So the last two, are like $10.5m/y and this will be after the salary cap will have skyrocketed from the new TV deal going into effect.

So he's extremely easy to trade if he doesn't want to retire or just stick around for the beginning of Luck's run.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning can come on down to Sf and help us win a few more super bowls... Not like that would happen but it would be nice.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Manning can come on down to Sf and help us win a few more super bowls... Not like that would happen but it would be nice.
I was thinking the same thing.It would probably shatter Alex Smith's confidence but it may be worth it.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Luck Luck Luck Luck Luck.

You don't pass up a franchise quarterback, once-in-a-decade type prospect so your current legend can play two or three more years at the most. The colts have to weigh the choice between keeping a great for a few more seasons, or drafting a great for an entire decade. I think that alone should settle all matters.
Luck will probably be a good-great player but I am not sure how people can say he is a once in a decade player. I thought for a while Luck was underrated but now it seems he is being overrated.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.It would probably shatter Alex Smith's confidence but it may be worth it.
If they bring in Manning, they're done with Smith. But Manning's a machine. If his neck doesn't stop him, I have no problem seeing him go another 5 years.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
If they bring in Manning, they're done with Smith. But Manning's a machine. If his neck doesn't stop him, I have no problem seeing him go another 5 years.

That would be the idea point there. We are not going any where in the play offs until I see more passing yards and more points per game for SF...
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be the idea point there. We are not going any where in the play offs until I see more passing yards and more points per game for SF...
I kinda like the idea of Manning taking over at QB for a defensive, run-based team and just being really efficient and making precise throws when he needs to, instead of all the gesticulating herky-jerky he does in Indy. Just kind of a player-coach who is really aware of what the defense is doing and makes sure his offense is running the right plays, but not having to make them all himself. He could do that in SF. It'd almost be like a semi-retirement.

"Yeah, I'm just doing a little work down in San Fran now. It's nice."
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
I kinda like the idea of Manning taking over at QB for a defensive, run-based team and just being really efficient and making precise throws when he needs to, instead of all the gesticulating herky-jerky he does in Indy. Just kind of a player-coach who is really aware of what the defense is doing and makes sure his offense is running the right plays, but not having to make them all himself. He could do that in SF. It'd almost be like a semi-retirement.

If he became trad-able .I just don't think Jim or the staff would pull the trigger though. But it would be a nice addition though having him would almost be like the Montana trade the chiefs did back in the day.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In this unrealistic scenario... :P I think the problem would be that Manning WOULD know what the D was doing and would audible to a pass play that would exploit it more often than not.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
In this unrealistic scenario... :P I think the problem would be that Manning WOULD know what the D was doing and would audible to a pass play that would exploit it more often than not.
Yeah, I too have a hard time imagining him audibling to run plays with any regularity. He'd want to make the play himself. Definitely a control freak, so I don't know if he'd even want to go to an offense that didn't want him to throw 30+ times a game. It's just that San Francisco really wouldn't need him to; they've already got a solid offense with Alex Smith in there, Peyton would just be an improvement. If they were to go to a "Peyton-style" offense they'd have to change a few things. I have the feeling Harbaugh likes how well his team controls the clock and field position, though. He's a no-BS coach, and I honestly don't think he'd give a **** if his QB was throwing for another 1000 yards a season.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back in the day, Peyton would audible to runs a ton. But when the play call goes ...

1st & 10 Pass
2nd & 1 Run
3rd & 2 Run
4th & 4 Punt

... you tend to call passing plays. That's happened some many times the past few years. The collapse of the run game put Peyton in so many awful spots, but he didn't have a choice if he wanted to score points.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it is the #1 scenario if Manning is not paid the roster bonus in March. Manning is no dummy and SF is poised to make a strong run if they had him at QB.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote