Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Aside From the Top DB's, Who Do You Like?

Thinking of Day 2 and 3 guys here, not talking about first round. I wanna see some of who the favorites are around here.

Going into the season I liked Chase Minnefield, but I didn't get to watch Virginia play this year really at all. In fact I didn't get to watch much college football period. That's sort of why I'm making this.

What about Safeties this year, is there an instant impact Free Safety out there? I think the Falcons are set with William Moore on one side, but Decoud has really regressed massively from a couple of years ago. He's too interested in dancin after a play.

Thanks for any input.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cornerbacks:

Brandon Boykin, Georgia
Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
Leonard Johnson, Iowa St.
Trumaine Johnson, Montana
Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd-3rd round:

Casey Hayward, Vandy
Leonard Johnson, Iowa St
Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
Shaun Prater, Iowa

4th-6th round:

Omar Bolden, Arizona St. Torn his ACL in spring practice and didn't play this year, but 1st round potential
Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
Dwight Bentley, LA Lafayette
Asa Jackson, Cal Poly
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The FS From Arkansas is pretty good.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Can someone tell me a little more about Omar Bolden, and Casey Hayward. I see Casey on both of your lists there, and that's interesting to me.

Also Trumaine Johnson, I know Atlanta has ties with Montana drafting 2 Montana players in the last 3 years, so I'd like to know some more about him. Did you actually watch him play, or is he just someone who's getting some buzz as a hidden gem?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Boykin is a favorite of mine, so is Leonard Johnson to a lesser degree. Jayron Hosley also has the potential to be a stud in a zone defense like NE or similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Harris Florida State
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Johnson from Iowa State is very underrated. He had a great game covering Blackmon this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Can someone tell me a little more about Omar Bolden, and Casey Hayward. I see Casey on both of your lists there, and that's interesting to me.
Hayward is a player who projects to be a great fit in a zone scheme...he's fundamentally sound, instinctive, plays the ball very well, and is willing to mix it up and tally up the tackles

add Winston Guy as a DB that i am a huge fan of

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Boykins is a stud. Playmaker, great ball skills, and seems to be a fairly good tackler. Definitely is going to be a solid 2nd round pick.

If Bacarri Rambo comes out I'd consider him the #1 safety over Mark Barron but I feel like he might the #2 S according to many if comes out and wouldn't be a super top guy.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ericzedwards
Rookie

ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.ericzedwards could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Can someone tell me a little more about ... Casey Hayward. I see Casey on both of your lists there, and that's interesting to me.
Hayward graduated from the same high school as me, a few years after I did. Perry High School in Perry, GA, has a perennially under-achieving (sometimes closer to a doormat) football program. He started both ways there for three years at quarterback and free safety. He was singularly responsible for Perry High making its deepest playoff run in school football history during his senior year. He was so obviously the best athlete on the team that it was just one of those "snap it to him and see what he can do" types of offenses.

Obviously he's athletic enough to have been moved to corner at Vandy and to have excelled as a corner in the SEC. He saw some rotational playing time as a true frosh, and has been an every-game starter since his sophomore year. Vandy's team defensive MVP as a sophomore. Second-team All-SEC as both a junior and senior. And it can be argued that his numbers would've easily earned him a first-team nod in each of those seasons if he was playing for a more high-profile defense.

Listed at 5'11" and 190 lbs. Having seen him around my home town a few times, I can verify that the height at least is accurate. Obviously he's not a huge corner, but he plays bigger than he looks, and he's larger than a significant portion of the corners currently in the NFL. 13 interceptions in the last three years, including 6 as a junior (second in the SEC) and 5 this season, prove he has a nose for the ball. Vandy playing him some on offense this year shows that they recognize that, while he's not the most athletic corner in this draft, he was certainly among the most athletic players in the Commodore program.

Other people could have completely different opinions of the best fit for him, and if so, please share them. But to me, Hayward just screams perfect cover-two corner. If I had to guess, I'd say his 40 time is only going to come in somewhere in the high 4.5's. But he's definitely big enough and physical enough to hold his ground in short space against most receivers, and I think a team that runs a lot of cover two, with its specific responsibilities for the corners, would be a perfect fit. (The Bears, for example: Hayward is bigger than Tim Jennings or D.J. Moore, and probably about the same speed as Peanut Tillman at this point).

In addition, Hayward is a good, smart kid. I have every reason to believe that he's a hard worker and a quick learner (being one of only 3 true freshman from his signing class to play as freshmen at Vandy is further evidence of this). Obviously I'm biased, but Hayward is one of my absolute favorite players in this draft class.

If you want to see the type of impact he can make on a game, go back an watch the Vandy-UGA game this year. Hayward nearly single-handedly willed Vandy to an upset win before falling just short.
ericzedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't forget about Xavier Rhodes, probably that 2nd-3rd round shuffle. He's a big corner and you need guys like him to combat these tall freaks entering the league as receivers. He won't be close to the fastest corner and is going to run around a 4.5, but he bumps pretty well so I don't worry about speed receivers too much even though that has been an issue at times this year. He's a physical guy and did a pretty great job working against Floyd in the bowl game. Not afraid of contact and has solid tackling form, will be a very good run defender at the next level. Hips aren't too stiff so I wouldn't worry about him being a stiff corner and moving to S. I think Rhodes has a lot of potential, and could easily be a 1st round pick if he does go back to school so I think grabbing this guy in the 2nd will probably be a really good pick in the long run.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also Trumaine Johnson, I know Atlanta has ties with Montana drafting 2 Montana players in the last 3 years, so I'd like to know some more about him. Did you actually watch him play, or is he just someone who's getting some buzz as a hidden gem?

My personal opinion is that Hayward is one of the most NFL ready CBs in the draft. He's never going to be a press-man CB, but he can start Day 1 in a zone/off man scheme. Does an excellent job reading the QBs eyes and diagnosing routes. Attacks the ball in the air. Doesn't have amazing ball skills, but had 6 INTs this year, and I personally saw him drop 5-6 more easy ones. Good tackler. Great instincts.

Bolden is a guy with 4.4 speed. Decent height, good bulk. Very dynamic looking athlete when he was healthy. Strong man coverage ability. Great ball skills. Also has a lot of ability as a return man, with almost 30 yards per kickoff return last year.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
I can't forget about Xavier Rhodes, probably that 2nd-3rd round shuffle. He's a big corner and you need guys like him to combat these tall freaks entering the league as receivers. He won't be close to the fastest corner and is going to run around a 4.5, but he bumps pretty well so I don't worry about speed receivers too much even though that has been an issue at times this year. He's a physical guy and did a pretty great job working against Floyd in the bowl game. Not afraid of contact and has solid tackling form, will be a very good run defender at the next level. Hips aren't too stiff so I wouldn't worry about him being a stiff corner and moving to S. I think Rhodes has a lot of potential, and could easily be a 1st round pick if he does go back to school so I think grabbing this guy in the 2nd will probably be a really good pick in the long run.
Is Rhodes leaning towards coming out this year? I thought he didn't even play in the bowl game because of an injury.

Either way if he's there he'd be my top choice as I've seen him just absolutely be a lights out corner in any game I've seen him in, but I think he'd easily be a top 30 type player if he gets healthy and checks out medically.

By the way, everyone thanks for the great feedback, Going to have to do the youtube scouting thing on this Vandy kid, he sounds ideal for what Atlanta is running right now, which is a complete waste of Dunta Robinson's talent. Would be a nice improvement there if he can play in space and be used to the Cover 2 type base we run a lot of.

That being said, who knows if our DC will even be there next year and we could look to change it up completely with our scheme if he's gone.

For now I'd be most interested in hearing more about players like him, if he's the most pro ready what's keeping him in the 2nd round, the less than ideal 40 time, and lack of superior ball skills?

Thanks again, was fun to read on him, and I'm really looking forward to hearing some more evaluations from other people as well as Scott as we get closer to the draft. Not having a 1st round pick can make hanging out around draft sites a little less exciting than it was a few years back when we were picking #3 overall, but there's also that idea of finding the fallers there in the 2nd.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Greg Reid of FSU in the 2nd or 3rd round as a slot CB / PR / KR combo pick.

Could provide alot of value for some team.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boykin has already been mentioned by many. He's can step in and be a major playmaking nickelback for a heavy zone teams. I could see Chicago falling in love with him.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Hayward and Trumaine Johnson had great years. Hayward is just a playmaker and Trumaine's just so versatile.

And of course, yet another year of me really liking Virginia Tech's leading DB.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure where his stock sits, but Stephon Gilmore now factors into the equation.

He's got the talent to be a very good corner. His freshman year showed that. But he suffered a sophomore slump, and although he somewhat recovered this year, he didn't progress as one would have expected. He got beat often enough these past two seasons.

I'm not sure how much of this came from coaching(fans aren't enamored with Lorenzo Ward, who took over the secondary starting Gilmore's sophomore season), or just his lack of ability. I think with the right coaching and scheme he could be a reliable starting corner, but there is always the risk that he will continue to get beaten by the better receivers.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Mike Harris Florida State
I would have 1st this, but since you beat me to the punch I 2nd this notion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a man crush on Leonard Johnson.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Leonard Johnson from Iowa State and Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State are probably the main ones that intrigue me along with that kid from Montana.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
Leonard Johnson from Iowa State and Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State are probably the main ones that intrigue me along with that kid from Montana.
Banks has impressed me. I think he'll be a real talent at cornerback or safety in the league.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramain Thomas from Arkansas is a baller. He's really the complete package at FS. He's an instinctive, ball hawking safety with a knack for making plays (9 INT's and 5 FF in the last two seasons) but can also step up in the box and be a physical presence. People are underrating his athleticism which is causing them to underrate him as a prospect but I really think he could be a steal for someone in the middle rounds.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'm not sure where his stock sits, but Stephon Gilmore now factors into the equation.

He's got the talent to be a very good corner. His freshman year showed that. But he suffered a sophomore slump, and although he somewhat recovered this year, he didn't progress as one would have expected. He got beat often enough these past two seasons.

I'm not sure how much of this came from coaching(fans aren't enamored with Lorenzo Ward, who took over the secondary starting Gilmore's sophomore season), or just his lack of ability. I think with the right coaching and scheme he could be a reliable starting corner, but there is always the risk that he will continue to get beaten by the better receivers.
Stephon intrigues me as a potential FS convert.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was all excited to come in here and pimp my man crush of Casey Hayward, but I see that task has already been done for me. I see a bit of an Asante Samuel in him, although a more willing tackler.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote