Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-04-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'll watch. Meh, college football's "championship" system is stupid, and this year doesn't really make it any worse. I'd have preferred a new matchup, but whatever. I don't have this dying passion for college football, outside of being a draftnik.
Same here, dude. Same here.

TBH, I've always found a certain level of....absurdity with college football and their fanbases.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Same here, dude. Same here.

TBH, I've always found a certain level of....absurdity with college football and their fanbases.

Put me in the same boat. I often find myself just scouting prospects instead of actually following the game.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's strange is how if you're a team that actually executes the fundamentals of defense.... can get off blocks, maintain leverage, tackle, cover receivers, and stomp on quarterbacks...

..you're a "boring" team.

95% of these defenses in college football outside of LSU and Bama are TERRIBLE. And they don't even care. They don't even try.

These offenses playing tennis with each other in these bowl games are not 'special'. They can't hang with top SEC defenses. How many damn times does it need to be seen?

I think people have played way too many video games. That is not how football is played... at least not by good teams.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If Alabama wins with a last second FG or by a really small margin in a close game, shouldn't they give LSU a share of the national title since both teams with have 1-loss and both will have beaten each other once? It seems like if that scenario happens then it will really be another big black eye for the credibility of the BCS (as if they need another one).

This isn't like the NCAA tournament in March or the playoffs in any other sport where it's a rematch after both teams fought through playoff brackets - it's two teams being voted in and facing each other in a rematch so a split NC would be fair without question IMO, though I doubt it happens since the voters likely will vote the same in each poll.

Did Florida and Florida St. split the national title in '96 when Florida St. beat Florida in the regular season, only to get beat in the rematch in the national championship game? I think not.

Arizona St. was the #2 team in the country at the time, but couldn't play for the national championship because of bowl tie-ins... they had to play in the Rose Bowl.

That's why the BCS was created in the first place. So we could get #1 playing #2 every year for the national championship, and avoid scenarios where one of them were left out due to bowl tie-ins.

The BCS gets it right 99% of the time. You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.

It could use a tweak or two, mainly just a +1 playoff. The SEC already proposed this to the other conferences because the SEC knew that two SEC teams were going to play for the national title one of these days and wanted to avoid it. The other conferences (other than the ACC) wanted no part of it.

Fans would have to sell their houses in order to follow their school around the country to attend multiple playoff games if their school keeps advancing.

An 'NFL style' playoff format just isn't practical.

Furthermore, the NFL playoff system is just as flawed when division winners with losing records can get into the playoffs, leaving better teams with 10-6 records out because they play in a tougher division.

You're not guaranteed to get the two best teams in the superbowl either... the only thing you're guaranteed is to get the two teams who got the hottest in the playoffs.

The regular season means something in college football. You have to prove you're one of the best two teams all season... not just in the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might think that the BCS is flawed and blah blah blah...

But you can't tell me you aren't excited to see Alabama and LSU go head to head again. This game is gonna be awesome. If you're a draft nut then you are watching the right game because several players from these two teams get drafted in the first round.

Make a thread about BCS fallibility, but don't take away from how awesome this game is. It is the best two teams in College football because they can play defense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post

But you can't tell me you aren't excited to see Alabama and LSU go head to head again. This game is gonna be awesome. If you're a draft nut then you are watching the right game because several players from these two teams get drafted in the first round.

Make a thread about BCS fallibility, but don't take away from how awesome this game is. It is the best two teams in College football because they can play defense.
Agree. No matter what i think of these two teams it's going to be fun to see some people play defense. Beyond the talent it will be interesting to see if what they do can carry over to some of these other outfits that dont seem to have a clue.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.
That may be one of the worst abuses of logic I have ever seen in my life.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
That may be one of the worst abuses of logic I have ever seen in my life.
Obviously you didn't hear Brent Musberger during the Rose Bowl telecast when he said Oregon probably gave LSU their toughest game of the season...

The crybabies in the media have bitched and complained about every single system that there's ever been in college football, the BCS is no different.

Although the BCS is the only system in which matching up the 2 best teams in the country for all the marbles was the ultimate goal.

They could start randomly drawing teams out of a hat and it would suit some perfectly as long as an SEC team wasn't drawn.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post

O yes I can. I'm NOT excited to see this game. I think it is ******** and even MORE ******** after reading this crap: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cs-winner-no-1

I may tune in to watch a few ppl, Trent and Honey Badger and I like watching LSU's QBs make complete asswipes of themselves.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously you didn't hear Brent Musberger during the Rose Bowl telecast when he said Oregon probably gave LSU their toughest game of the season...

The crybabies in the media have bitched and complained about every single system that there's ever been in college football, the BCS is no different.

Although the BCS is the only system in which matching up the 2 best teams in the country for all the marbles was the ultimate goal.

They could start randomly drawing teams out of a hat and it would suit some perfectly as long as an SEC team wasn't drawn.
So if they bitched and complained about every single system, and their bitching about the BCS system proves its validity, using your own 'logic', every other system also was valid, because like you said, they were bitching about it.

Once gain, that was a hideous abuse of logic.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So if they bitched and complained about every single system, and their bitching about the BCS system proves its validity, using your own 'logic', every other system also was valid, because like you said, they were bitching about it.

Once gain, that was a hideous abuse of logic.

No it wasn't... I never said that the prior systems weren't valid to begin with. Should we strip every team of their national titles prior to the BCS? Followed by stripping every team with a BCS title when we implement a different system?

Just because a system is changed doesn't mean the next one is any more or less valid.

People are going to ***** and complain no matter what system is in place. The BCS was designed to get #1 vs. #2 in the national title game.... and that's exactly what it does. It's doing what it was designed to do.

People are only bitching in ANY given year because of the two teams playing for it, not because the system failed to deliver what it's designed to deliver.

Should we go back to #1 playing #7 because of bowl tie-ins, while #2 plays #10 because of bowl tie-ins?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

No because Alabama will have defeated them in the CHAMPIONSHIP game. Body of work matters up until the POSTSEASON.
call it whatever you want, in the end it's a game in a neutral site that wasn't reached via playoff. It's not like the super bowl or championship game in any other sport, that's the thing with CFB. LSU beat them in Alabama, so if Alabama barely beats LSU in OT on a neutral site, logically they are both deserving of the #1 ranking. The only difference is one win happened later in the year. I know that the voters won't split it, but you certainly could argue that LSU deserves to ranked #1 just as much as Bama. LSU won all their games to get to the NC whereas Alabama didn't and teams like Ok State and Stanford didn't get a shot.

Quote:
Did Florida and Florida St. split the national title in '96 when Florida St. beat Florida in the regular season, only to get beat in the rematch in the national championship game? I think not.

Arizona St. was the #2 team in the country at the time, but couldn't play for the national championship because of bowl tie-ins... they had to play in the Rose Bowl.

That's why the BCS was created in the first place. So we could get #1 playing #2 every year for the national championship, and avoid scenarios where one of them were left out due to bowl tie-ins.

The BCS gets it right 99% of the time. You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.

It could use a tweak or two, mainly just a +1 playoff. The SEC already proposed this to the other conferences because the SEC knew that two SEC teams were going to play for the national title one of these days and wanted to avoid it. The other conferences (other than the ACC) wanted no part of it.

Fans would have to sell their houses in order to follow their school around the country to attend multiple playoff games if their school keeps advancing.

An 'NFL style' playoff format just isn't practical.

Furthermore, the NFL playoff system is just as flawed when division winners with losing records can get into the playoffs, leaving better teams with 10-6 records out because they play in a tougher division.

You're not guaranteed to get the two best teams in the superbowl either... the only thing you're guaranteed is to get the two teams who got the hottest in the playoffs.

The regular season means something in college football. You have to prove you're one of the best two teams all season... not just in the playoffs.
Florida State/Florida was a little different b/c that rematch was not a close game - Florida blew out FSU, so it doesn't serve as an example of my point.

Also, if we didn't have the BCS that year then Florida would not have went to the NC game, ASU would've, so the best team that year would've been left out.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
call it whatever you want, in the end it's a game in a neutral site that wasn't reached via playoff. It's not like the super bowl or championship game in any other sport, that's the thing with CFB. LSU beat them in Alabama, so if Alabama barely beats LSU in OT on a neutral site, logically they are both deserving of the #1 ranking. The only difference is one win happened later in the year. I know that the voters won't split it, but you certainly could argue that LSU deserves to ranked #1 just as much as Bama. LSU won all their games to get to the NC whereas Alabama didn't and teams like Ok State and Stanford didn't get a shot.

Florida State/Florida was a little different b/c that rematch was not a close game - Florida blew out FSU, so it doesn't serve as an example of my point.

Also, if we didn't have the BCS that year then Florida would not have went to the NC game, ASU would've, so the best team that year would've been left out.

You're using hindsight to blow off an example of why we have the BCS in the first place. Nobody knew that Florida was going to blow out FSU in the rematch.

Alabama could beat LSU by 4 TD's in the rematch the same as LSU could beat Bama by 4 TD's.

I'm well aware that we didn't have the BCS then which is the point. The BCS matched up the best two teams in the country.... it doesn't matter that they've already played each other. Just like it doesn't matter if the two teams have already played each other in any other sport.

Furthermore, Stanford did have their chance. They got blown out by a team LSU blew out. Oklahoma St. had their chance. They had already passed Bama in the BCS and were ranked #2 after Bama lost to LSU. All Okie St. had to do was win their games and they're in. They lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog.

If that's not the definition of having your chance and blowing it, then nothing is. We just saw Oklahoma St. should've lost to the team that lost to the team that LSU blew out if the kicker makes a chip shot field goal.

The problem is that you're refusing to use logic because it doesn't fit the anti-SEC agenda.

I know damn well if it was Ohio St., all of this 'logic' would suddenly make perfect sense.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Yes.

Also, these are the two best teams in the country. Period. Any argument otherwise is a weak one.

But I kinda wanted to talk about the actual game in this thread...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

As for the game, it's going to come down to a mistake somewhere by one of the quarterbacks, or a big special teams play.

LSU has the advantage on special teams. I think Bama has a very slight edge at QB. McCarron is pretty good at protecting the football and managing the game. He just can't fail to identify mismatches in favor of LSU and test the DB's. (Like Brad Smelley matched up against Morris Claiborne... which is how he threw the INT).

Bama showed they can move the football on LSU, probably better than LSU can move the ball on Bama.

Trent didn't get a single carry in overtime in the first matchup, and it's why the offense faltered. Feed the stud.

It's going to be an incredibly physical game.

Both of these teams are two of the best I've seen in the past decade. They don't really have a 'weakness'... there's only one phase where they can't be considered 'dominant', and that's at the QB position.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every big play is going to be HUGE. That's what fascinates me about this matchup. Okie State-Stanford, a long TD didn't mean as much because there were so ******* many. A 30-yard completion in this game might be the difference. That, to me, is awesome.

Two points:

1 - McCarron's been playing better since the first matchup.
2 - Look out for Russell Shepard, especially in the red zone and on the edge.

I just love that every single snap is going to mean so much because points are expected to be at a premium. Again, Robert Meachem catches a 30-yard post over the middle in GB-NO, no one blinks. It's just whatever. Anything like that in this game... it's huge.

- Ko Simpson
Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
O yes I can. I'm NOT excited to see this game. I think it is ******** and even MORE ******** after reading this crap: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cs-winner-no-1

I may tune in to watch a few ppl, Trent and Honey Badger and I like watching LSU's QBs make complete asswipes of themselves.
No I agree it is a really weird situation. I'm completely with you on that. I'm an LSU fan and I'm not upset we are playing them again. I'm not arguing wether the Championship system is wrong I'm just saying this thread Alabama vs. LSU is an exciting chance to break down a game. It will be a great game! You don't like low scoring football at all? And you said exactly why it is so exciting for me - Mathieu v. Richardson. I can't wait to see them square off again.

I agree with you though on your thoughts of the BCS. It is screwed, but I think we can say these are the two best teams in football. You can't enjoy #1 facing #2?

Edit: It is controversial, but I think the BCS got it right this time. It won't get it right all the time, but I'm looking forward to this game because it is the two best defenses and in my opinion teams.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 01-05-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Every big play is going to be HUGE. That's what fascinates me about this matchup. Okie State-Stanford, a long TD didn't mean as much because there were so ******* many. A 30-yard completion in this game might be the difference. That, to me, is awesome.

Two points:

1 - McCarron's been playing better since the first matchup.
2 - Look out for Russell Shepard, especially in the red zone and on the edge.

I just love that every single snap is going to mean so much because points are expected to be at a premium. Again, Robert Meachem catches a 30-yard post over the middle in GB-NO, no one blinks. It's just whatever. Anything like that in this game... it's huge.
This is exactly why I'm excited for this game. You put into words what I couldn't quite explain. Low scoring games are enjoyable for this reason.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the oversigning bowl 2.0.

alabama and lsu combined signed 19 more players than the limit last signing day. i wonder how they freed up those scholarships....hmmm....

after this game, there will have been 5 national champions from the mecca of oversigning (the SEC West) over the past decade between Auburn, Alabama, LSU twice, and whoever wins Monday. Of course this is not a story at all on "sEcSPiN."

[/necessary mini rant,vent].
Old 01-06-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Two anecdotes:

-The LSU punt coverage team has given up 6 punt return yards all season. That's incredible.

-Some are saying 20 of the 22 starting defensive players in the game will play in the NFL.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the oversigning bowl 2.0.

alabama and lsu combined signed 19 more players than the limit last signing day. i wonder how they freed up those scholarships....hmmm....

after this game, there will have been 5 national champions from the mecca of oversigning (the SEC West) over the past decade between Auburn, Alabama, LSU twice, and whoever wins Monday. Of course this is not a story at all on "sEcSPiN."

[/necessary mini rant,vent].
This matters because?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Ohio State only plays by the rules of course.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictions on the score?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the score is 9-6 Alabama, I say split it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
27-24 Alabama.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
13-10 LSU. it's gonna be another extremely close game

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote