Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
That is a good core. But they obviously need to get Cousins emotions in check.
He's just one of those misunderstood guys that just want to win at all costs, and sometimes it comes off as selfishness or as him being a bad teammate. As far as i know, everyone on the team loves him, and any problems this season were more with Westphal and how he was using him on offense. That kid belongs in the block and no where else. He's an animal down low, there isn't many guys that can size him up and keep him from getting under the basket.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still ******* hate Stern...CP3 should be a god damn laker. I wouldnt have to watch this sad excuse of a player, Steve Blake as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so good. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAPL...ature=youtu.be
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Lol i always love to hear them when they're supposedly talking off the record. Poor Atlanta lol
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers gonna drop another one but you cant help but be optimistic.

Bynum with another 21 and 12. Kobe's knee seems to be healthy thanks to the german magician, and the wrist doesnt seem to be affecting his shooting. Hopefully we get in a groove. We need to make a move at PG or get a SF.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Look at Paul George's ridiculous improvement.
George at least has been able to shoot the 3 at a respectable clip in the past and has a very smooth, consistent stroke. I have yet to watch Derozan yet this year, but his 3 point stroke has been just awful dating back to his time at USC. Insane that he's done what he has so far, though I highly doubt he'll be able to keep it above 35%.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And by "German magic" you mean blood doping.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portland just might actually be the best team in the West...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Portland just might actually be the best team in the West...
Come playoffs, I just don't see it. No true superstar=playoff fail.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Come playoffs, I just don't see it. No true superstar=playoff fail.
I would argue that LaMarcus Aldridge plays like a true superstar, but is not one in name.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And by "German magic" you mean blood doping.
It worked didnt it?

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would argue that LaMarcus Aldridge plays like a true superstar, but is not one in name.
Meh. He is a very, very good player and possibly the playoffs could be his coming out party, but give me the teams with established superstars over the Blazers any day of the week. I'm just not totally confident in him making that dagger shot.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh. He is a very, very good player and possibly the playoffs could be his coming out party, but give me the teams with established superstars over the Blazers any day of the week. I'm just not totally confident in making that dagger shot.
I think Lamarcus is a superstar in the making and is gonna prove that this year.

Crawford has always been able to hit the dagger, though.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think Lamarcus is a superstar in the making and is gonna prove that this year.

Crawford has always been able to hit the dagger, though.
Crawford is relatively clutch and a nasty streak shooter, but I don't want him taking the last shot of a game 7, sorry.

Aldridge could very well prove me wrong, but I'm not ready to anoint the Blazers until he does so in playoffs. Just my opinion though. I understand the argument for the Blazers.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Crawford is relatively clutch and a nasty streak shooter, but I don't want him taking the last shot of a game 7, sorry.

Aldridge could very well prove me wrong, but I'm not ready to anoint the Blazer until he does so in playoffs.
Id let Crawford take it, he has the ball to miss it. He isnt scared thats for sure...

...Trust me I would prefer they dont show up come playoff time, im a laker fan...but they look pretty damn tough.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

They've got a hell of a team around him, though.

The 2nd best pure point guard in the conference with Felton.

A wing player who can get his own shot in the second unit with Crawford.

Two all-around excellent players in Wallace and Matthews (both overlooked).

Underrated Camby (health, obviously, but I'd sit him and bring him back for the playoffs a la Shaq back in the day).

Batum is a solid bench player and Kurt Thomas is a wily veteran who can knock down open shots.

Depth is an issue and all of their players have had injury issues in the past, but it's clear to me that as presently constructed they are a cohesive unit with a lot of chemistry. And it all starts with Felton (I do worry that their back-up is Crawford and Felton's so ******* fat).
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Id let Crawford take it, he has the ball to miss it. He isnt scared thats for sure...

...Trust me I would prefer they dont show up come playoff time, im a laker fan...but they look pretty damn tough.
Well, if LaMarcus is as good as you think (superstar), Crawford shouldn't be getting that ball.

Anyway, I think I take the Lakers over them. They are my least favorite of teams with a superstar though (possible even the Mavs despite looking awful). Kobe has to stop shooting, man. 4th quarter, absolutely, Kobe time. He has to tone it down though.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
They've got a hell of a team around him, though.

The 2nd best pure point guard in the conference with Felton.

A wing player who can get his own shot in the second unit with Crawford.

Two all-around excellent players in Wallace and Matthews (both overlooked).

Underrated Camby (health, obviously, but I'd sit him and bring him back for the playoffs a la Shaq back in the day).

Batum is a solid bench player and Kurt Thomas is a wily veteran who can knock down open shots.

Depth is an issue and all of their players have had injury issues in the past, but it's clear to me that as presently constructed they are a cohesive unit with a lot of chemistry. And it all starts with Felton (I do worry that their back-up is Crawford and Felton's so ******* fat).
Great surrounding talent, 100% agree. Listen, I like the Blazer a lot, I just buy into the "you're only as good as your best player" philosophy come playoff time.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, if LaMarcus is as good as you think (superstar), Crawford shouldn't be getting that ball.

Anyway, I think I take the Lakers over them. They are my least favorite of teams with a superstar though (possible even the Mavs despite looking awful). Kobe has to stop shooting, man. 4th quarter, absolutely, Kobe time. He has to tone it down though.
Not if they need a 3! ;)

But yeah, Kobe has been shooting well so he has been shooting more. But there are just times where he gets out of control....hes always been like that but you learn to live with it as a Laker fan.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Not if they need a 3! ;)

But yeah, Kobe has been shooting well so he has been shooting more. But there are just times where he gets out of control....hes always been like that but you learn to live with it as a Laker fan.
Yeah it's annoying. Especially because Fisher is the only one that can reign him in and Fisher is atrocious....
Old 01-06-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah it's annoying. Especially because Fisher is the only one that can reign him in and Fisher is atrocious....
Yeah when we are down around 10 points or so he makes it look a lot worse because he starts playing out of control. Hes better when the game is within reach or in the lead, he plays under a lot more control and is a much better passer. Wish we could get him to do that all the time.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah when we are down around 10 points or so he makes it look a lot worse because he starts playing out of control. Hes better when the game is within reach or in the lead, he plays under a lot more control and is a much better passer. Wish we could get him to do that all the time.
Agreed. I just find it hysterical that Fish is the only one that can differ from Kobe on offense without getting chewed out.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Agreed. I just find it hysterical that Fish is the only one that can differ from Kobe on offense without getting chewed out.
Yeah, its too bad because everyone just seems to stand around and wait for Kobe to do it all. No one seems to want the ball in crunch time and I feel like Kobe knows that too. Pau and Bynum have earned the right for the call for the ball, they just have to sack up and do it.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...arriors_010512

Quote:
As the Orlando Magic consider deals for Dwight Howard, the Golden State Warriors have emerged as aggressive suitors for the NBA’s best center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Well this came out of no where

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Not really, they've been trying to make a big move all off-season long, and they made an offer for Howard before the season started also. Personally i think it's a dumb move cause there's no way Howard re-signs there.