Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I too late to get in on the Derek Jeter circle jerk? Have we mentioned 5 gold gloves for his excellent short stop play yet?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jeter might be the most douchey person who comes off smelling like roses no matter what he does. Oh well.
I find it tremendous that he did the gift basket thing to the same girl twice.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Zambrano for Volstad...why marlins ?
While they both suck, Zambrano sucks less, has higher upside, and they are only on the hook for 3 million. Plus, he helps with their goal of being the "Los Marlins" and increasing ticket sales.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girl passes out at Casa de Castro, later awakens only to see this face emerge from under the covers

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-06-2012 at 11:48 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rizzo and Zach Cates to the Cubs. Cashner and Kyung-Min Na to the padres

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theo raked up in that one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved Rizzo for Cashner. Liked Cashner, but he wasn't going to be much use to us and Rizzo should be.

Add in Cates. The more I'm reading about Cates, the more I love it. He's really raw and more than likely will never pan out to what his potential is. But maybe, just maybe, he will. Both are still 21-22, so the hope is still there!

Once you accept that your team is going nowhere soon, rebuilding is actually pretty awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Loved Rizzo for Cashner. Liked Cashner, but he wasn't going to be much use to us and Rizzo should be.

Add in Cates. The more I'm reading about Cates, the more I love it. He's really raw and more than likely will never pan out to what his potential is. But maybe, just maybe, he will. Both are still 21-22, so the hope is still there!

Once you accept that your team is going nowhere soon, rebuilding is actually pretty awesome.
I don't consider this a rebuilding move. Rizzo will probably start, am I correct? If you're not getting Prince at this point, if Rizzo was being shopped, he's probably the best option to start this year.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't consider this a rebuilding move. Rizzo will probably start, am I correct? If you're not getting Prince at this point, if Rizzo was being shopped, he's probably the best option to start this year.
Ya, Rizzo is going to start (probably). I really meant rebuilding in general as an organization, not just this move. The Cubs aren't going anywhere any time soon, so shipping pieces we don't need for prospects or younger pieces to build around is more fun then what they've been doing the last 5-10 years in trying to add marginal players with an occassional big name to try and compete, while neglecting our farm system.

It's just nice to be making moves to shake things up in the organization, rather than throwing out money just because we have it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Ya, Rizzo is going to start (probably). I really meant rebuilding in general as an organization, not just this move. The Cubs aren't going anywhere any time soon, so shipping pieces we don't need for prospects or younger pieces to build around is more fun then what they've been doing the last 5-10 years in trying to add marginal players with an occassional big name to try and compete, while neglecting our farm system.

It's just nice to be making moves to shake things up in the organization, rather than throwing out money just because we have it.
Got ya. I don't think it will be a long "rebuild". Theo only really needs a year to purge the team of undesirable parts. The only one he might get stuck with is Soriano but you can work with one bad deal. This was a weak FA class. Extremely top heavy.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly glad Rizzo got out of PETCO. He's easily one of my favorite players in baseball with all the stuff he went through as a member of our organization....of course it doesn't hurt that the kid can absolutely rake too. Really good move by Theo there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Got ya. I don't think it will be a long "rebuild". Theo only really needs a year to purge the team of undesirable parts. The only one he might get stuck with is Soriano but you can work with one bad deal. This was a weak FA class. Extremely top heavy.
Ya, I mean, I don't think most of us are expecting to be down for like 3-4 years before starting to compete again. But I'm at the very least expecting to just cut our losses with as many bad investments as possible just to clear up space in the next couple years. 2012 is going to be a lost season, so already accepting that I can enjoy some of these moves more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Certainly glad Rizzo got out of PETCO. He's easily one of my favorite players in baseball with all the stuff he went through as a member of our organization....of course it doesn't hurt that the kid can absolutely rake too. Really good move by Theo there.
I think getting Rizzo out of Petco and into Wrigley will really help him. Hopefully. I think he's someone us Cubs fans are going to be really excited about come spring training.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have heard that Rizzo starts the year in Iowa and Bryan LaHair starts at 1B.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angels signed JORGE CANTU to a 1yr minor league deal with an invite to spring training

this is THE piece
Old 01-07-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Angels signed JORGE CANTU to a 1yr minor league deal with an invite to spring training

this is THE piece
Not that douche that ripped my heart out and took a giant piss on and he keeps under $40 million.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Angels signed Howie Kendrick to a 4yr/$33.5 million extension. Nice deal and not too expensive.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

this is THE piece
You're damn straight he is.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're damn straight he is.
You like Oliver Perez also I bet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You like Oliver Perez also I bet.
You're damn straight; i like and support every Mexican athlete, it's part of our culture, lol.

But I support Jorge Cantu and Jaime Garcia the most cause they're both hometown heroes. They both played in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, right across the border from where i'm at. Garcia played HS in my city and Cantu grew up here.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're damn straight; i like and support every Mexican athlete, it's part of our culture, lol.

But I support Jorge Cantu and Jaime Garcia the most cause they're both hometown heroes. They both played in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, right across the border from where i'm at. Garcia played HS in my city and Cantu grew up here.
Haha I like it. I always thought Cantu was underrated on the Marlins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently charges against Angel Villalona were finally dropped and he has been added to SF's 40-man roster.

Remember him? The guy who was a top prospect who then killed a guy in DR? Reports are that he paid a settlement of $139k to the family of the victim so that he could be released on bond. The prosecutor was still going to press charges but the case couldn't go anywhere after the witnesses changed their stories.

The dude is still only 21 (turns 22 in August)--if his birth date is right. This is a guy who could be absolutely nothing after 2 years away from the game or he could jump right up prospect boards based on incredible physical talents like Josh Hamilton.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Villalona is the least patient guy I've ever seen, and he's not THAT talented. Josh got on the fact that he's one of the most talented guys probably ever, while Villalona is a good talent that probably killed a guy and has serious flaws.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's crazy that this guy possibly paid out a few hundred grand to have his freedom after murder. That's just crazy.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I know, add in the effect that it could have on a locker room. I mean, I've never believed in the chemistry ****, but if you sit next to a guy who probably killed someone in cold blood...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent, but it's fairly laughable that you two just presume his guilt. Because people with money are never falsely accused in third world countries by others that live in dirt shacks right?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote