Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
I really like Greg Reid of FSU in the 2nd or 3rd round as a slot CB / PR / KR combo pick.

Could provide alot of value for some team.
Atlanta already has one tiny corner, I'm not really wanting another one there. I've seen him as a playmaker for sure. I'm not unhappy with Grimes, but Reid is only 5'8 and I think Atlanta needs a bigger corner for some matchup situations. Just see the touchdown to Jimmy Graham over Brent Grimes. Yeah he's not 100% but there's no way 5'8" covers 6'6" I mean Grimes has prolly a 40+ inch vert in pads, and still had no chance.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that big of a fan of Casey Hayward, he doesn't have the speed to cover man to man and will probably have to play in a zone system. Still a solid round 3/4 type.

For me, the guy to watch at the combine is Trumaine Johnson, Montana CB (6'2", 205). Teams looking for a big, physical corners will put this guy pretty high on their CB list, maybe even ahead of many of the more recognizable names on a lot of people's boards.
He possess the size, speed and athleticism that is hard to find and he completely dominated at the small school level. He is an immense talent but coming from a small school system, he will need a big combine to jump past round 2 or 3. Right now he is a solid round 2/3 prospect.
The question on small school prospects always comes back to how he will fare at the next level again elite WR talent since he didn't face a whole lot in college.

The other guy who intrigues me is Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech (5'10", 172) who had a nagging hamstring injury all season, however he started to show glimpses late in the season. You have to love his ball skills and awareness.
Throw in his return skills and penchant for playmaking and you have a guy who really intrigues scouts.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

The other guy who intrigues me is Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech (5'10", 172) who had a nagging hamstring injury all season, however he started to show glimpses late in the season. You have to love his ball skills and awareness.
Throw in his return skills and penchant for playmaking and you have a guy who really intrigues scouts.
Always a fan of VT DBs. This year is no different. Rock Carmichael was high on my list last year...then some bastard team traded up and snatched him one pick before my beloved Steelers. Curse them!
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Always a fan of VT DBs. This year is no different. Rock Carmichael was high on my list last year...then some bastard team traded up and snatched him one pick before my beloved Steelers. Curse them!
Seems like every year VT has a DB or 4 that just seem like they're going to be great pros. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss, but even on guys like Deangleo Hall who is all over the map on his good days there's no one better, but he's such a headcase you can forget it.

I'm not sure Atlanta would look the way of another VT DB after that fiasco, well that and Jimmy Freaking 'Steal of the Draft' Williams. Gah that guy burns me up still. I don't know if I've ever been more pissed that a dude flamed out. Anyway, I haven't even really looked at VT DBs because of those 2.

I'm really liking the sound of this Montana kid and if the Falcons can land him at the end of round 3 I think I'd be pretty excited. Guess we'll have to see how he does in some of the bowl games, is he going to a Senior Bowl or anything like that?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Heyward for a cover 2 system

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I only saw 1 Montana game this year, so I won't claim to be an expert, but Johnson looks more like a FS to me. He's a pretty big guy and, while athletic, didn't look like he had the quick hips to be a CB.

Just my opinion, but he looks like one of the 3 best free safeties in this draft and a solid 2nd rounder at that position.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Welp, with BVG out Falcons may be looking at a new defensive style, so now I don't know if we'll stick with Cover 2 or if we'll start seeing some more aggressive defense.

Hoping for Spags to come to ATL!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boykin from UGA for sure.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Welp, with BVG out Falcons may be looking at a new defensive style, so now I don't know if we'll stick with Cover 2 or if we'll start seeing some more aggressive defense.

Hoping for Spags to come to ATL!

Cover 2 is Mike Smith thing, that's very unlikely to change. Thankfully, there's a lot of nice Cover 2 CB options for us in Rounds 2-3. (Minnifield, Hayward, Boykin, Judie, Hosley)
Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Cover 2 is Mike Smith thing, that's very unlikely to change. Thankfully, there's a lot of nice Cover 2 CB options for us in Rounds 2-3. (Minnifield, Hayward, Boykin, Judie, Hosley)
I agree it's unlikely, but to get so embarrassed it's sort of hard to not make wholesale changes. So, I'm thinking M. Smith doesn't like the lack of aggression, so he'd be willing to hear out something a little different. However, I agree there are some good Cover 2 guys out there.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Banks and Brandon Boykin

Man crush.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone already mentioned him but Omar Bolden. Stock is gonna depend heavily on how he checks out medically at the combine, but if all's good he's gonna be a steal for somebody in the middle rounds. He was a stud at ASU since his freshman year, good size, great speed, can effortlessly turn and run, does a nice job breaking on the ball and coming up with the pick, return ability.. he's pretty identical to Janoris Jenkins without the red flags. Well, he does have red flags but for different reasons.

Definitely one to keep an eye on at the combine.

Coryell Judie is another guy I love in the 2nd/3rd Round range. His closing speed and ability to bait QBs is pretty special. He could be a turnover machine in a Cover 2 scheme. He's been dealing with some injuries this season so that might turn off some teams but the ability is there to be a player at the next level. I like him more than Alfonzo Dennard.

One last name is Emanuel Davis from ECU. He's a bonehead but is worth a look on Day 3. Extremely athletic and dangerous with the ball in his hands. He's playing in the East-West Shrine game in case you want to check him out.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-11-2012 at 05:48 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
SackSEER
Rookie

SackSEER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SackSEER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Josh Robinson from UCF. He has good size and should run well. He's a very highly regarded cornerback in Conference USA. Granted, it's not the SEC, but Conference USA has produced a lot of top corners that flew under the radar on draft day (Asante Samuel, Patrick Surtain, Mike McKenzie). Great sleeper pick.
SackSEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Coryell Judie is another guy I love in the 2nd/3rd Round range. His closing speed and ability to bait QBs is pretty special. He could be a turnover machine in a Cover 2 scheme. He's been dealing with some injuries this season so that might turn off some teams but the ability is there to be a player at the next level. I like him more than Alfonzo Dennard.
Good post. Judie is a target of mine for the Bears, even if they have to go with him mid-2nd. He did have some injury issues this year, so I think he falls to the 3rd, but he's a very good looking athlete. Former HS track star, so he can run with anybody with good closing speed. He's very raw though, only having played football for 5 years, and only 2 above the JR college level. But once he gets on the field and gets some more awareness, he has pro bowl potential. Exceptional ball skills. Seems like a good kid, who's coachable and works hard.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Antonio Fenelus has been outstanding for the past two seasons. He isn't the tallest and he isn't the fastest, but he is a sure tackler and has locked down all types of receivers.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier Rhodes and Greg Reid are both returning to school so they are ruled out.

Mike Harris is an excellent player and was the best of the FSU corners this season (consistently). He's got good size at a legit 5'11" 185, good speed, plays fundamentally sound, great tackler who delivers some big blows and never misses. Also has experience in man and zone. Will be a steal for someone.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Mike Harris is an excellent player and was the best of the FSU corners this season (consistently). He's got good size at a legit 5'11" 185, good speed, plays fundamentally sound, great tackler who delivers some big blows and never misses. Also has experience in man and zone. Will be a steal for someone.
Yeah I think Mike finds a nice niche as a #2 CB on a team that runs a lot of zone.