Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
His contract is up already or is he being traded ?
He is probably going to get cut, he was inactive for every game this season, I think.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They didnt make the hire to help the passing game, I think they did it to fit into what they wanna do and that is run the ball.
Well no ****. But I thought the Jets wanted to try and improve Sanchez game?

Oh and under Sparano, Dolphins offense got worse each year and its all about FG's with him.

Another thing I would like to add is Sparano played scared many times while in Miami. Always played not to lose instead of trying to go for the kill and just try to win the game.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 01-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Well no ****. But I thought the Jets wanted to try and improve Sanchez game?

Oh and under Sparano, Dolphins offense got worse each year and its all about FG's with him.
I agree with the Fgs, which was almost a laughter point for me with Sparano but the guy's OC was Dan Henning....that guy is frigging awful. Henning just caught everyone off guard with the wildcat nonsense.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I agree with the Fgs, which was almost a laughter point for me with Sparano but the guy's OC was Dan Henning....that guy is frigging awful. Henning just caught everyone off guard with the wildcat nonsense.
Sparano had a input in the offense aswell. It wasnt all Henning. He allowed Henning to pull that **** many times and not do a damn thing about it. They shared the same beliefs. I just dont know about this hire. What I do think is that Henne will be the Jets backup QB next year.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And it's only going to get worse in that bland Mularkey offense. MJD should get a ton more carries but that's the only positive I can see coming.
The Mularkey hire is underwhelming; whether or not he will be able to salvage Gabbert's career is debatable and to an extent will determine his success or failure as head coach but it was important to point out that many people are attributing Gabbert's failure to the individual rather than the situation which seems mostly unfair.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could understand if they hired him as the OL coach, but as the guy in charge of the whole offense? Dumb move if you ask me. Yeah thats gonna work well. Hire a OL guy to try to improve Sanchez and their passing offense.
Rumor of Haley coming in as WR/QB coach

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
That would be a great hire. Maybe the rumors of Haley and Sparano being a packaged deal is true.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hue already laid the groundwork to come to SD.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...rs-back-point/

And now Shelmon is gone.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk why Hue would go to SD, Norv calls the plays doesnt he?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Idk why Hue would go to SD, Norv calls the plays doesnt he?
Shelmon was supposedly the OC, at least in name. With him gone & Spanos looking to make changes, it wouldn't surprise me.

This was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I could see it happening.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Mike Mularkey is the new Head Coach of Jacksonville Jaguars
Does this guarantee Jacksonville moves now?

Holyshit, I mean was there a team who's offense failed worse than Mularkey's talented Falcons offense last week?
That guy should have been disbarred from the NFL forever.

Wow.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-chudzinski/

Rams interviewing Chudz.

I think he'll be closer to what they had in Linehan a few years back than the coach they need.

I mean, he had some mediocre years in Cleveland highlighted by Derek Anderson having a ridiculous year he never again matched. Fired there, two years as San Diego's TE coach and now one good year in Carolina.

ONE YEAR! I'd want to see him actually develop Cam Newton and improve his deficiencies rather than just cover them up.

Jeez...in one year he goes from TE coach to possible head coaching candidate. Unless he gets to bring Newton with him, I wouldn't want him. Not until he proves himself for a few more years anyway.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-be-next-g-m/

The Colts have hired Ryan Grigson, Eagles Director of Personnel as their GM.

No word on whether he keeps Caldwell or anything though. I find it unlikely.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Does this guarantee Jacksonville moves now?

Holyshit, I mean was there a team who's offense failed worse than Mularkey's talented Falcons offense last week?
That guy should have been disbarred from the NFL forever.

Wow.
I love when people look at one game and say, "WOW, he's supposed to be an offensive mind?"

Look at what he's done the past 4 years. He really developed Matt Ryan and a young offensive unit.

I know I've seen Falcon fans ripping him for not getting creative with Julio Jones, but he also didn't have a full offseason to prepare/gameplan/work with the kid.

I think this is a questionable move to judge him in Jacksonville because he definately has a lot of work to do. Gene SMith is probably one of the worst GM's in this league (Yet, gets a 3 yr extension?).
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I love when people look at one game and say, "WOW, he's supposed to be an offensive mind?"

Look at what he's done the past 4 years. He really developed Matt Ryan and a young offensive unit.

I know I've seen Falcon fans ripping him for not getting creative with Julio Jones, but he also didn't have a full offseason to prepare/gameplan/work with the kid.

I think this is a questionable move to judge him in Jacksonville because he definately has a lot of work to do. Gene SMith is probably one of the worst GM's in this league (Yet, gets a 3 yr extension?).
I'm firing up the ATL signal. He'll explain better than I can.

But that offense is SO vanilla. It's "Run Michael Turner on first and second down, throw on 3rd." Rinse, repeat.

Ryan gets flustered easily and can't keep control of the offense when they're struggling, like they were on Sunday. And once that happens, the team is done.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm firing up the ATL signal. He'll explain better than I can.

But that offense is SO vanilla. It's "Run Michael Turner on first and second down, throw on 3rd." Rinse, repeat.

Ryan gets flustered easily and can't keep control of the offense when they're struggling, like they were on Sunday. And once that happens, the team is done.
I'm not saying he was GREAT, but he's not a bad hire.

So, what you're telling me is he had nothing to do with the improvement of the offense and Matt Ryan?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Honestly, we'll see how this bolds out for the Falcons. Bratkoswki, the QBs coach, apparently is teh favorite to replace in house for Off. Coordinator.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm not saying he was GREAT, but he's not a bad hire.

So, what you're telling me is he had nothing to do with the improvement of the offense and Matt Ryan?
He also failed in Buffalo. I expect Gabbert to fair about as well as JP Losman now, at best.

Additionally, Matt Ryan was a high floor, questionable ceiling QB prospect to begin with. He was a guy that, at worst, was going to be a solid game manager and typically, that's what he does. They surrounded him with some great talent at the skill positions, but the conservatism of the offense, the slowing down of Tony G and Turner, the regression of White and the lack of creative use for Julio hamstrung the team. They simply could not compete against the NFL's elite teams.

Like ATL said several times over in my "thoughts" thread, Mularkey calls games as if they have an elite defense who will keep the game close. Atlanta doesn't and he fails to adjust his offense accordingly.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sparano had a input in the offense aswell. It wasnt all Henning. He allowed Henning to pull that **** many times and not do a damn thing about it. They shared the same beliefs. I just dont know about this hire. What I do think is that Henne will be the Jets backup QB next year.
i know he sucks but for some reason this made me a little happy. sanchez definitely needs some competition behind him other than ******* mark brunell
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordinator-job/

This would be a GREAT move for Atlanta however.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Bill Callahan as an OL coach?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-be-next-g-m/

The Colts have hired Ryan Grigson, Eagles Director of Personnel as their GM.

No word on whether he keeps Caldwell or anything though. I find it unlikely.
He's got a tough job ahead of him, I hope he has what it takes. Pretty exciting to have a former lineman making personnel decisions now though. No more midgets at DT or OG.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Now if Haley was going to be the passing coordinator while Sparano is the running coordinator that would make sense.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
How is Bill Callahan as an OL coach?
iirc, the Jets blocked him from interviewing for a coordinator job last year, so he must have been decent enough to want to keep then.

But with Sparano taking over the offense, he'll probably want to assume direct control of the o-line so it made Callahan expendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He's got a tough job ahead of him, I hope he has what it takes. Pretty exciting to have a former lineman making personnel decisions now though. No more midgets at DT or OG.
Hopefully, for your sake. I think it's pretty clear the midgets don't work.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Now if Haley was going to be the passing coordinator while Sparano is the running coordinator that would make sense.
I don't think I like that setup. Nothing against them as coaches, but it just seems like too many people stepping on eachother's toes.