Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hopefully, for your sake. I think it's pretty clear the midgets don't work.
I think a big part of it is our DL coach John Teerlinck. Hopefully he is fired with most of the rest of the coaching staff.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And something else on Mularkey:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...from-mularkey/

What does it say about him that, had he not gotten the JAX job, the Falcons were likely to release him?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's going to be a rough spot for the Raiders next head coach.

I think you have to keep Palmer because there's really no one better available. They can't invest any more in the QB position than they already have. A decision will also need to be made on Terrell Pryor. Is he the long term answer? (I'd say hell no, but that might just be me...)

The Raiders next coach will have to suffer through a year where he'll be able to do very little because the team has no draft picks to work with.
If I'm the Raiders I bring back Campbell and open up a competition between him and Palmer. If Palmer loses out by the trade deadline I move him for whatever I can get. Fans might not like it all too well, but the mistake originally falls on Hue.

Pryor can be my #3 and continue to sit and be developed. If there is hope for Pryor then bring him along slowly.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-this-place/

Per Hue, McKenzie is going to gut the Raiders completely.

Also sounds like he'll weaken the Packers:
"McKenzie is going to bring in people from Green Bay that he trusts."

Of course, I approve of that.
Winston Moss as HC with Tom Clements possibly as the OC, although Mularkey may have interest in working with Clements again as well.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
iirc, the Jets blocked him from interviewing for a coordinator job last year, so he must have been decent enough to want to keep then.

But with Sparano taking over the offense, he'll probably want to assume direct control of the o-line so it made Callahan expendable.

Hopefully, for your sake. I think it's pretty clear the midgets don't work.
Callahans contract was up. He turned down extensions from the Jets.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word coming out in Miami that Fisher has picked the Dolphins. Nothing official yet but supposedly the workers in the organization have been told to prepare for a press conference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Zimmer was going to be the new Dolphins coach? I guess last night's post was false.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought Zimmer was going to be the new Dolphins coach? I guess last night's post was false.
I knew he was being discussed as a possible fall back option but I didn't hear anyone was official. Multiple reports now coming out saying Fisher picked Miami.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was all but a foregone conclusion that Fisher was going to go to St. Louis. Wonder who they're going to target now that Fisher looks like he's going to Miami.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I knew he was being discussed as a possible fall back option but I didn't hear anyone was official. Multiple reports now coming out saying Fisher picked Miami.
and just like that, there are reports refuting this...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
and just like that, there are reports refuting this...
Whenever this happens, I picture guys sitting at news desks on the phone going "Nuh-uh!" or "Yuh-huh!" until the actual news comes out.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8558

I never thought I'd say this, but Mike Tice is actually being...sensible?

Quote:
“We’re going to make sure that Jay Cutler is comfortable in the pocket,” Tice said. “We’re going to make sure that he’s able to set his feet. We’re going to make sure that we use a different variety of launch points for him and not always have him right behind the center.

"We’re going to look back at some of the things he was successful with at Denver and the things that he really embraced and liked and also the things that he and I talked about..."
Sounds like we might actually build an offense around Cutler's strengths rather than try and warp him to fit an offense like Martz did.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Fisher goes to Miami. I want Sam Bradford to work with a offense guy. I don't someone that will draft Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams and Courtney Roby all in the same draft and call them the future. No one can win with those guys.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, rumor has it Spags is our top target. Hell ************* yes. According to Jim Trotter, Mike Nolan is #2. I'm a big fan of Nolan as a DC... but a move to a 34? Eh, I don't see it.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So, rumor has it Spags is our top target. Hell ************* yes. According to Jim Trotter, Mike Nolan is #2. I'm a big fan of Nolan as a DC... but a move to a 34? Eh, I don't see it.
I posted that **** on the last page. Spags as a DC would make anyone happy. Throw copious amounts of money at him.

Also, go yell at the guy who said Mularkey wasn't bad.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Nolan has 4-3 experience too. Everytime his name comes up for a 4-3 team they assume it means they will shift to a 3-4. It's possible, but it's also possible he opts to keep running a 4-3.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I posted that **** on the last page. Spags as a DC would make anyone happy. Throw copious amounts of money at him.

Also, go yell at the guy who said Mularkey wasn't bad.

Missed that. Sorry dear. <3.

And I think you sufficiently held down the Mularkey sucks fort.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Nolan has 4-3 experience too. Everytime his name comes up for a 4-3 team they assume it means they will shift to a 3-4. It's possible, but it's also possible he opts to keep running a 4-3.

He runs somewhat of a hybrid scheme, yes? But his calling card is the 34, and I just don't see the pieces. Big missing holes and just plain bad fits.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He runs somewhat of a hybrid scheme, yes? But his calling card is the 34, and I just don't see the pieces. Big missing holes and just plain bad fits.
Are you saying that Ray Edwards could not be a stand up linebacker?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mike Nolan is one of the most talented defensive minds in the business...When he ran the D here in Baltimore, it was absolutely terrifying to watch. Very aggressive football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Are you saying that Ray Edwards could not be a stand up linebacker?

Imagine him having to try and cover Jimmy Graham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think Mike Nolan is one of the most talented defensive minds in the business...When he ran the D here in Baltimore, it was absolutely terrifying to watch. Very aggressive football.

I agree. I'm a huge fan of his as a DC.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8558

I never thought I'd say this, but Mike Tice is actually being...sensible?

Sounds like we might actually build an offense around Cutler's strengths rather than try and warp him to fit an offense like Martz did.
I tried telling you that Tice is a really good offensive mind and is perfect for what you guys need to do on offense.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Imagine him having to try and cover Jimmy Graham?
He'd at least be better than the no one Detroit tried covering him with a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I tried telling you that Tice is a really good offensive mind and is perfect for what you guys need to do on offense.
It's sounding that way. I'm not sure how he'll be as a playcaller as i don't think he's ever done that before. (Always an o-line coach before being HC in Minny.) But he has his priorities straight.

Imagine Cutler being allowed to roll out...intentionally as part of the play call...mmmmmmm...
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
He'd at least be better than the no one Detroit tried covering him with a few times.

Are we sure about that? I mean, remember, we are only allowed to play 7 on defense.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tice is a very good OC. I don't understand why he has a bad rep.

Mularkey is a good OC too. I think we'll all see that this coming year when we discover that the "conservative" offense he ran was protecting Matt Ryan this whole time.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The problem with that BB is that he didn't need protecting. When he was allowed to be out there and call his own plays he was massively impressive the last 2 seasons, Mularkey didn't catch on, and that's why he's caught the train out.

Instead of protecting like he needed early in his career, as any young QB does to some extent, it turned into holding him back because he never grew up in Mularkey's eyes.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote