Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Our interior offensive line actually did a pretty nice job this year.

My guess is that it will break down like this:

LT- Webb or Chris Williams
LG- Chris Spencer/Edwin Williams/Louis Lance
C- Roberto Garza
RG-Chris Spencer/Edwin Williams/Louis Lance
RT-Carimi

And I've been beating the drum for offensive line picks for a long time, but honestly, our interior depth is fine. Now that Cutler isn't taking 10 step drops, it should make a huge difference.

What we really need is a reliable WR and defensive depth. That should be our focus this offseason.
Blackmon won't be there when you guys pick. Are you a Floyd fan?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Citing sources close to Jeff Fisher, NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that Fisher is likely to become the Dolphins' next head coach.

"It appears he will choose the Dolphins (over the Rams)," reports Lombardi, and the decision is tentatively expected to happen on Wednesday. Fisher "feels more comfortable" with the structure of the Dolphins' organization, and he apparently believes the Rams may end up leaving St. Louis for Los Angeles.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Jeff Fisher is playing both these teams like a fiddle. Look at these tweets from Glazer:

Quote:
Those close to Fisher said he's legitimately torn and going back and forth. He's swung from rams back toward Fins then back again & now back
Quote:
Fins thought they were out of it this weekend. Rams thought he was coming there. He went to visit Rams, things changed
aka "I'm gonna need more money and term, who wants to ante up?"

Just pathetic how these reporters get strung along.. noticing it so much during baseball free agency, too. cough Ken Rosenthal/Jon Heyman cough
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From everything I've been seeing, Fisher likes Rams more (largely because of Bradford) but he's afraid of them moving to LA and they haven't been willing to match the $$$ Miami has been offering. Sounds like he's going to take the $$$ and run to Miami.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Blackmon won't be there when you guys pick. Are you a Floyd fan?
Yes. Floyd would be the best possible pick we could make. Otherwise, I would probably look for a corner or a defensive end.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yes. Floyd would be the best possible pick we could make. Otherwise, I would probably look for a corner or a defensive end.
Considering Jennings, Bowman and Graham are FAs, we better address the position somehow.

Hopefully it was just JA who seemed to devalue it and not the coaching staff.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Citing sources close to Jeff Fisher, NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that Fisher is likely to become the Dolphins' next head coach.

"It appears he will choose the Dolphins (over the Rams)," reports Lombardi, and the decision is tentatively expected to happen on Wednesday. Fisher "feels more comfortable" with the structure of the Dolphins' organization, and he apparently believes the Rams may end up leaving St. Louis for Los Angeles.
Idk why Fish would be worried about them moving to L.A. that is home for him. Fish and my dad grew up playing sports together in Southern California.

With the hire of Grigson by Indy, I would not be surprised at all to see him try and bring Marty Wigs to Indy, which would be a great situation for Luck to fall into. Marty is stubborn and so is Peyton so I would expect them to trade Peyton at that point and get all they could get to put pieces around Luck. Interesting to see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok, I can understand that.

Question. What is your opinion of the RB situation? Should Snelling be your primary back? Do you want a pass catching RB in the draft?

I'm of the opinion that if you guys go with a more spread out offense that employs more 3 WR sets, shotgun formations, and a more pass friendly RB, your offense will fail. Bc I feel that Ryan doesn't have the ability to stretch out the defense enough to make this style work.

I feel that you guys should invest in another TE who can block/catch, run a 2 TE offense with a combo RB like Snelling, and run an offense that allows Ryan to use those 2 TEs in the middle of the field with some occasional downfield throws to Roddy and Julio from PA pass. Perhaps check into some slants to Julio on 1st down when you see 8 in the box with man coverage on the outside. I feel that style of offense will suit Ryan the most.

Curious to know what you feel is best for the Falcons offense.

Snelling shouldn't be the primary back. Nice piece since he can be a serviceable FB and has good hands out of the backfield, not starter material. Someone like prime Jerious Norwood would be amazing. Not sure if Jaquizz can fill that role, as he's obviously a different type of player, but has that same dynamic ability. I'd prefer a balanced back instead of Turner, but bleh, not much we can do there. He still a good back. He's just not going to create for himself. He needs someone to get him up to the next level (Mughelli has made him look much better than he is) for him to play well.

As far as the on offense, I think we need a Lance Moore. (Eddie Royal/Manningham?) Harry Douglas is just not cutting it. Matt's arm plays better in between the hashes. I know Mayock has mentioned it a few times, Ryan might throw the best skinny post in the NFL.

I like the idea of another TE, even if it's just because Tony won't last forever. I'm a big Orson Charles guy since someone like Fleener won't be around.

It's not secret what stops us. Teams throw 8 in the box knowing we are going to be predominately a run team on early downs. When we get in 3rd and long, pack the middle and try and force Matt to hit on big, outside throws, which is far from his strong suit. (Add in a sup par OL) We need a match up nightmare on the inside.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 01-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Idk why Fish would be worried about them moving to L.A. that is home for him. Fish and my dad grew up playing sports together in Southern California.

With the hire of Grigson by Indy, I would not be surprised at all to see him try and bring Marty Wigs to Indy, which would be a great situation for Luck to fall into. Marty is stubborn and so is Peyton so I would expect them to trade Peyton at that point and get all they could get to put pieces around Luck. Interesting to see how that goes.
I don't blame him. Miami has a better situation than St. Louis. The Dolphins have played very well to close out the year. They need a QB, most definately, and I think Matt FLynn is on there radar. They have the weapons on offense, and have a solid defense that doesn't need much to improve.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I don't blame him. Miami has a better situation than St. Louis. The Dolphins have played very well to close out the year. They need a QB, most definately, and I think Matt FLynn is on there radar. They have the weapons on offense, and have a solid defense that doesn't need much to improve.
Still, the fact that the Rams moving back to L.A as being a reason he might not wanna go is just interesting to me. He grew up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rick Stroud
Former Bucs coach Raheem Morris has agreed to join the staff of the Washington Redskins
http://twitter.com/nflstroud
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8563

Bears are interviewing 4 GM candidates. I'm still saying that Ruskell gets the job, especially since we're keeping Lovie.

But these interviews are:

Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery
Patriots director of pro personnel Jason Licht
Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye
Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Still, the fact that the Rams moving back to L.A as being a reason he might not wanna go is just interesting to me. He grew up there...
I found it a little strange too for the exact same reasons. Fisher was with the Oilers/Titans when they moved to 4 different stadiums in 3 different cities (Houston/Memphis/Nashville) so perhaps he doesn't want any more upheaval. That's the only thing I can think of but moving to Memphis and then Nashville would appear on the surface to be completely different compared to relocating to a brand new stadium in his hometown Los Angeles. Either that or:

1. The $$$ were too much to turn down and living in Florida with low taxes is the icing on the cake.
2. He's not sold on Sam Bradford as 'his guy' at QB and he realises the Rams are a mostly a mess elsewhere.
3. The Dolphins are just a good QB away from becoming a playoff team and he's got word from their front office they will be very aggressive in addressing that issue in the offseason. (Flynn?)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just don't hire Ross. I love the continuity that we keep in the front office.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Bears are interviewing 4 GM candidates. I'm still saying that Ruskell gets the job, especially since we're keeping Lovie.

Pray you don't get this guy

Edit: Just realized, i was thinking of the other Jimmy Raye...
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just don't hire Ross. I love the continuity that we keep in the front office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Fear not, like I said, my money would still be on Ruskell. Just doing our homework I guess.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

Edit: Just realized, i was thinking of the other Jimmy Raye...
He's the son of 49ers former OC
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

STAY. THE ****. AWAY. FROM MARC ROSS.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Gruden signs a 3 year extension. Could possibley take over HC postion if they don't keep Marvin next year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple sources saying Raiders talked with Todd Bowles today. Could be our roony rule interview, I doubt he is our top choice for the HC job.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Multiple sources saying Raiders talked with Todd Bowles today. Could be our roony rule interview, I doubt he is our top choice for the HC job.
I highly doubt that Reggie McKenzie

is just trying to get the Rooney rule out of the way. He's almost surely going to be giving Winston Moss an interview anyway.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I highly doubt that Reggie McKenzie

is just trying to get the Rooney rule out of the way. He's almost surely going to be giving Winston Moss an interview anyway.
He still has to satisfy the Rooney Rule (which arguably highlights the fact that the NFL doesn't need the Rooney Rule anymore), and he's probably operating on the assumption that the Packer coaches won't be available to interview for a while.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He still has to satisfy the Rooney Rule (which arguably highlights the fact that the NFL doesn't need the Rooney Rule anymore), and he's probably operating on the assumption that the Packer coaches won't be available to interview for a while.
Premise 1: Winston Moss is a minority himself
Premise 2: Winston Moss is invariably on McKenzie's short list of candidates
Conclusion: Winston Moss would "satisfy" the Rooney Rule if he is hired

Therefore: McKenzie has no need to throw out interviews to minority coaches simply for the Rooney Rule.

That would mean Bowles is either a legitimate HC candidate in Oakland or McKenzie is trying to drum up interest in Bowles as a favor by interviewing him (which has been known to happen around the league).

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Premise 1: Winston Moss is a minority himself
Premise 2: Winston Moss is invariably on McKenzie's short list of candidates
Conclusion: Winston Moss would "satisfy" the Rooney Rule if he is hired

Therefore: McKenzie has no need to throw out interviews to minority coaches simply for the Rooney Rule.

That would mean Bowles is either a legitimate HC candidate in Oakland or McKenzie is trying to drum up interest in Bowles as a favor by interviewing him (which has been known to happen around the league).
Or, he doesn't want to wait until the second week of February to install a new coach (or simply interview a minority), and he thinks that the 15-1 team he helped build is probably headed for the Super Bowl. In that case, a candidate that satisfies the Rooney Rule makes a lot of sense as a first interview.

Moss might be the front-runner, but McKenzie probably wouldn't want to sit and twiddle his thumbs if the Packers make a run.

Last edited by WCH : 01-12-2012 at 04:50 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/#!/NFLSTROUD/sta...50477951401984

Quote:
@NFLSTROUDRick Stroud
Bears to interview former Bucs OC Greg Olsen for QB coach/pass game coordinator
Oh god... good luck Bears fans if that ever happens.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote